Page 52 of 174 FirstFirst ... 2 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 102 152 ... LastLast

Thread: Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2010!

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    i dont believe it..someone said he saw a guy with one blue and one green eye in estonia, mishin camp, teaching plushy non- flapping methods.
    But i think it was the british accent that gave him away
    I think I heard someone say....there's Ant.....how do you know that's Ant....oh...he has those flapping arms.....well lots of people have flapping arms....I know....but he has a mullet haircut like Plushy, his favorite skater.....oh and I almost forgot....he has one blue and one green eye..... .. and there you have it..............the one & only ANT!!

Ant, don't ever leave me alone with these gals.....they are a hard group to manage.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    And the silliness conitnues in my absence (thank goodness!)
    We tried to fill you in and we tried the best we could
    (i kid)

plushyta i hear my voice and it sucks, not to say furthermore how much it sucks in russian that i dont even understand what i say
    can I make a montage for him instead and janetfan to sing in it? that would be a hell of a surprise for plushy!

The King has arrived - no questions! plushyta's Avatar
    plushyta i hear my voice and it sucks,...
    Come on, do not be so shy - this is not audition for actress

well that would be an endorsment..
    of course, plushy thread has become a thread to talk about everything except for plushy(maybe we can change the title to Plushy in Disneyland?)
    I love pez site, it is all made with flashand I just saw a hello kitty passing by!
    I still have no idea though what is pez..caramels?

i think there should be size letters less than "1" cause this i can still read it

I'm affraid i'm still shell shocked that Dee accused me of having a mullet!!!!

Where's the FSU angry fire smilie when you need it!

This is surely the most off topic thread ever. If there are any updates of Plushy we're going to need to start a new thread!

Ant

Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    I If there are any updates of Plushy we're going to need to start a new thread!
    why, whats wrong with this one?

Ant (regarding flailing arms and a mullet):

and who asked for a flute?does this come close?

and this for B cause I promised her!

and just to be on topic:

now i go to my corner, I ll behave!
    i m in extremely good mood today, whats wrong with me
    Last edited by seniorita; 07-01-2009 at 04:37 AM.

[size=0.5]Nice boots.[/size]

http://www.kingonice.com/photo/history3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    I liked the last clip of Plushy.
    But today is Monday - and I thought it is permitted here to have a little fun.
    I am already planning new ideas for next Monday
    Where is the music for his Chopin? Do you know it already?
    Is Plushy really using Chopin? I can't believe it. He will not be able to look angry as he skates and what can he do with those wild arms?

Military Polonaise - he could look pompous in a regal manner. Will he?

an Etude? - He just ain't the dainty type.

Lyrical Selections - No way.

After this Tango, Nocturne sounds like heaven, plushy has grown up, well we wait and see i guess...
    mathman have you see this photo ?
    http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/154...62003pic01.jpg

i can put the flute why dont you?
    switching back to my little tzar now!
    Last edited by seniorita; 07-01-2009 at 10:55 AM.

and this for B cause I promised her!
    Ooh, thank you! I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    I can see Plushy doing something very special with Chopin's music.
    I really like Joubert and Evan but don't see them skating to Chopin so easily.
    1. I can't. Plushy is a master at making everything he does look super difficult, an approach that wouldn't work with Chopin. His style just isn't right for it. But maybe he'll surprise me.

2. AFAIK Joubert has never skated to classical music in competition, at least not as a senior. Going back to 2002, he's had: Mexican Hat, The Mission, Time, The Untouchables, The Matrix, Blue Men Group, 1492, Die Another Day, Lord of the Dance, Metallica, All For You, Rise, Last of the Mohicans, Matrix 2 and Requiem for a Dream. Brian's a soundtrack guy, essentially, with some techno mixed in. Evan is a warhorse guy, with nothing else mixed in .

Plushy is a master at making everything he does look super difficult, an approach that wouldn't work with Chopin.
    I havent thought this about plushy, you gave me something to think until i finish workcan you explain it little this? not debating or anything, just its too late and too hot and i cant focus on what you mean:o Is this good he makes everything look difficult (it was a compliment?), you mean in choreography or his skate, jumps etc?Any example of a program of his??what chopin demands that wouldnt work with what he does?Honestly I loved this paragraph, you gave me homework
    edit: One little thing, I always thought plushy makes things look easy, like I could get off my chair and start skating, but i m sure you dont mean the way I mean it, lol! I need to think harder.. :o

Sometimes I wish plushy was a soundtrack guy and could skate to my fav ones starting from princess Mononoke.
    I cant see him skate to something like Rise but Requiem would be nice. Ah dreams..
    Last edited by seniorita; 07-01-2009 at 11:39 AM. Reason: on second thought

I havent thought this about plushy, you gave me something to think until i finish workcan you explain it little this? not debating or anything, just its too late and too hot and i cant focus on what you mean:o Is this good he makes everything look difficult (it was a compliment?), you mean in choreography or his skate, jumps etc?Any example of a program of his??what chopin demands that wouldnt work with what he does?Honestly I loved this paragraph, you gave me homework
    I think talent can take many forms. To me, Plushenko's style is not that appealing, but this observation isn't a criticism - more of a personal preference. Some skaters are good at making what they're doing look hard, and then everyone knows that those skaters are very good - see, they can do these difficult things! You can really see this in step sequences. I'd put Patrick Chan in that category as well, although his style is nothing like Plushy's.

Other skaters can do very difficult stuff and make it look super-smooth and easy. I think Yagudin and Johnny Weir - again, two very different skaters - go in that category. In that case, you look and say, wow, these skaters can do these really amazing things and it looks almost effortless. I don't know if others will agree with me. But you're welcome to think up examples, as a homework assignment .

ETA: I just realized that by bringing Chan into it, I've confused my point because Patrick could certainly skate to Chopin, and maybe he should do just that. So I'd say it's the combination of making things look difficult and the super-dramatic style; Chan's not big on drama. At least not in his skating.
    Sometimes I wish plushy was a soundtrack guy and could skate to my fav ones starting from princess Mononoke.
    I wanted that for Brian! Even though I knew he would never skate to anything with Princess in the title . The Princess Mononoke Symphonic Suite is gorgeous, it hasn't been used by every other skater, and it's definitely skatable. Skaters, if you are lurking here, please use it!
    Last edited by Buttercup; 07-01-2009 at 11:58 AM.

Page 52 of 174 FirstFirst ... 2 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 102 152 ... LastLast