Page 54 of 174 FirstFirst ... 4 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 104 154 ... LastLast

Thread: Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2010!

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    how do you know if yag would outjump him and would land all his jumps?is this a contract?For what I am concern they both could have splatted and Goebel could have been the OC. Many things could. And it is not like plush fell all over the place in Carmen..he outstepped from 4-3-3 and doubled a jump. You dont even know how yag would have reacted in Lp if plush had a clean sp.
    Nobody said Plush would have won the Olys if..but for me it was the difference in quality of their programs mostly and not who jumped higher, yags were better programs, especially the sp...head and shoulders above?I dunno, they had only met in GPF where plush was injured. And there,there was one judge difference that gave Yag the win.
    Last edited by seniorita; 07-02-2009 at 03:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    It is funny how differently we can all perceive things in skaters. For me, Yags was too emotional at times (I don't care for Russian Ice Dancers when they make those silly looking facial expressions). I felt that same mock look from Yags at times which is one of the reasons I preferred Plushy. I also thought Yags looked to be barely landing so many jumps at times - he did land most - but it didn't look so effortless to me. I never have seen anybody land jumps as easily as Plushy did. And he did the hardest jump layouts.
    But I realize that is how I see it and others see it differently. Some like alot of facial expression from their skaters and others prefer a bit more realism in a performance. It is just a matter of taste. It is nice we can all have our favorites and enjoy the qualities they bring to their performances.
    I liked Yags, and know he was great. I just like Plushenko better and think he was greater. To each his own.
    I'm not sure i agree with the difficult jump layouts of Yags and Plush, they were the start of the tradition of open with both your quads, then get your triple axels out and round out the rest of the triples as you wish.

Now Stojko had difficult jump layouts - opening with a flip to "settle him down" as the commentators would say, then do a quad, he would often have a second quad (or second attempt if he missed the first) in the second half of the program and often had triple axel and lutz to finish the programme. Elredge also often had a second triple axel as the last or penultimate element in his programmes.

Ant

I m glad your are back alive and kicking

i bothered from the same pattern of the sequence of their jumps in their programs also, i guess it was mishin's school, I swear I could guess it after a while, but i got used to it at the end. It took away some surprise though.

Out of subject and not concerning Plush's choice, has anyone skated to fantasie of Chopin?
    Last edited by seniorita; 07-02-2009 at 04:13 AM.

Medalist
    Didn`t you notice, Seniorita, how much higher Yag`s jumps were? He covered almost half of the rinк, doing them . Don`t you think that it is much more harder to perform such enormous, without exaggeration, jumps than to do significantly smaller ones? What to the combination 4-3-3, as far as I remember, Plushenko hugely underrotated 3Lo in it and had to step out so that not to fall down. There is a clip on YOUTUBE with Yag`s version of the combination which he did during a warmup at SLC, I`ll find it if you like. So, Plushenko`s LP: no 3Lo, no 3S, very weak footwork and spins... no choreography

Aa, he didnt step out from loop?nevertheless it was cool expression - I took it directly from Nbc commentary and Hamilton.
    But you are right elana, plushy was awful, no loop in 4-3-3 and no steps, and this 3axel-half loop-3 flip was just to conceive his weakness and to save the day. It wouldnt have hurt either to wear the dress of katarina Witt to be more in the feeling of choreo.
    Plush was defenetely not a good jumper and his jumps didnt cover much surface. I wonder what i like in this small gendleman's skate sometimes, maybe the nose and the mullet is what intimidates me.
    But lets not start what anyone has jumped in warm ups because it hurts me.
    Yesterday it was so cold in brussels that in my living room i started jumping also quads and triple axels to warm up (in a good day I practice 5toes), unfortunately life is unfair and i was stolen my pink skates à la Caroline , thats too bad cause world will never know my talent now.
    I think, given the chance, I would have stolen yag's and plush's thunder,and everybody would root for me so there wouldn't be attempts from their fans to light up the rival 7 years after their last competition together. voilà....

after jntfan's brilliant idea, we will have a game here just to be sporty, it's off season.
    We will have a pointy javelin and anyone who speaks slightly bad about little plushy will have to catch it.
    We wont provide any insurance cause we dont have to as I read the guidlines of the board.

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    after jntfan's brilliant idea, we will have a game here just to be sporty, it's off season.
    We will have a pointy javelin and anyone who speaks slightly bad about little plushy will have to catch it.
    We wont provide any insurance cause we dont have to as I read the guidlines of the board.
    *remains extremely silent about Plushy*

Ant

hmm...you were the very first i had in mind

You know i had tried all other possible ways before to schedule you on mute!!!

This thread is the prime example that any thread on GS can tur into a major laugh fest.
    (I say that with all the love in the world, don't come after me seniorita)
    I'm loving it...

hmm...you were the very first i had in mind

You know i had tried all other possible ways before to schedule you on mute!!!
    Or perhaps i need to invest in some Kevlar body armour before the season begins and i start commenting!

Ant

Quote Originally Posted by beep_beep View Post
    (I say that with all the love in the world, don't come after me seniorita) I'm loving it...
    then post often here , post loooong why people thing i will come after them, i m really harmless :o

Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    *remains extremely silent about Plushy*.
    Or perhaps i need to invest in some Kevlar body armour before the season begins and i start commenting!Ant
    dont ever keep silent Ant, i think it is public request that.
    Why dont you have an avatar?have this http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/760...98carmensd.jpg

Let me know if you find a good link to the kelvar body armor.
    now, why you would need an armor?

I thought my only "brilliant idea" was to add ouzo to my morning coffee.
    no, actually this is a stupid idea

please plushy do something we can mention in public, the thread is ready to take off from troposhpere to stratosphere with no way back :boohoo:

dont ever keep silent Ant, i think it is public request that.
    Why dont you have an avatar?have this http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/760...98carmensd.jpg
    lol!

Toni asked me why no avatar and I just couldn't decide on one! I couldn't just choose one skater for an avatar so i've been toying with the idea of a non skatnig one...i'm just indecisive..!

Ant

See?isnt it great that i just solved your for years dilemma with this one i proposed???
    it is cute and goes with your personality fire (and your mullet)
    otherwise i will give it to B that she likes funny images.

otherwise i will give it to B that she likes funny images.
    I have had the same non-skating avatar since I reached 100 posts. Which, as you might imagine, did not take long . I'm trying to be an inspiration to Ant so that maybe he'll finally pick one, too! Mine actually does have some personal meaning, but absolutely nothing to do with GS.

like i expected you would change your avatar to a plushy cartoon

Page 54 of 174 FirstFirst ... 4 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 104 154 ... LastLast