Page 55 of 174 FirstFirst ... 5 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 105 155 ... LastLast

Thread: Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2010!

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    But you are right elana, plushy was awful, no loop in 4-3-3 and no steps, and this 3axel-half loop-3 flip was just to conceive his weakness and to save the day. It wouldnt have hurt either to wear the dress of katarina Witt to be more in the feeling of choreo.
    OMG, thank you, senorita! You made my day Well, Evgeni might have already borrowed one of her Carmen-skirts for Asisaij. Honestly, I`d just started to cope with the eternal "he had no spins, no choreo" etc. pp. stuff, but to call him a mediocre jumper is a bit too much for me. I can still hear Nancy Kerrigan, who obviously used to be a skater as well, say that the amazing thing about Evgeni is the height and speed of his jumps. As far as I know Yagudin never landed a 4-3-3 in competition (did he ever try?). To all the Yagudin fans: he truly was a marvellous skater; I don`t deny that at all.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    koboldspike as you watch plushy thread (i know you do) there is a small icon upright on your screen under your nickname saying Private messages, I know its brand new information but open it !!!!and look something also called notifications
    there was no other hope she would find it so sorry for offtopic, its so uncommon on this thread

On the Ice
    Oh oh: UUUPS!!! That`s not a very long post for a change Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I have had the same non-skating avatar since I reached 100 posts. Which, as you might imagine, did not take long . I'm trying to be an inspiration to Ant so that maybe he'll finally pick one, too! Mine actually does have some personal meaning, but absolutely nothing to do with GS.
    I tried to reply to your PM but it wouldn't go :(

I may well come up with something over the weekend, but it will certainly not be Plushy or mullet related SENIORITA!!

Ant

Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    but it will certainly not be Plushy or mullet related SENIORITA!!
    Ant

I m hearing a scream?
    you are such a great guy Ant, but not liking plushy really ruins your profile alittle bit
    It takes off some of your glamour! Dont you know Prada and Plushy go together?
    Last edited by seniorita; 07-03-2009 at 06:58 AM. Reason: wrong thread

I m hearing a scream?
    you are such a great guy Ant, but not liking plushy really ruins your profile alittle bit
    It takes off some of your glamour! Dont you know Prada and Plushy go together?
    Not likely seniorita, when looking for glamorous Diva's in skating look no further than Johnny Weir!

Ant

Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    I hope too much Johnny talk will not contaminate the Plushy thread which is for more serious thoughts and comments
    *does his very best swan impression*

Ant

http://www.repubblica.it/2009/05/rub...-3-luglio.html

plush starts training in pinzolo, from article i understood too little, he received yesterday in italy a prize for best athlete, or ice sex symbol?or both?!Katarina Witt also.(she.. probably for both)

I love Johnny 's sunglasses, THE diva!

*does his very best swan impression* Ant
    this ->:sheesh:?
    Last edited by seniorita; 07-03-2009 at 08:58 AM.

My eyes! My eyes! And to cap it off they have a picture of his awful "bielmann" spin. Sorry seniorita but you have to admit the work it used to take him to get into the position, the poor position he achieved coupled with slow rotations...where's my kevlar body armour when i need it

Ant

give me some minutes, I will call the army.
    maybe not..for now have you tried to put your leg up there?Even in many ladies it doesnt look pretty, anyway i cant say much about bielman cause i didnt like it, i really used to admire his effort though to stay so flexible, in his teens he did a very decent one with both legs and the head in right position.
    But I liked his bielman spiral
    http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/6...enko1flyq5.jpg
    http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/4905/14zzr.jpg

and I loved his donut almost all his years, you have anything to say about his camel to donut spin? cause you may need the armur then.
    Last edited by seniorita; 07-03-2009 at 09:46 AM. Reason: i need sleep...

give me some minutes, I will call the army.
    maybe not..for now have you tried to put your leg up there?
    I actually have tried...and failed... though I was impressed with an attempted catch foot spiral position I managed off ice in a class in April. It wasn't impressive in an elite figure skater way but impressed with what i managed having never tried before that day

Even in many ladies it doesnt look pretty, anyway i cant say much about bielman cause i didnt like it, i really used to admire his effort though to stay so flexible, in his teens he did a very decent one with both legs and the head in right position.
    I have to say that i'm not a big fan of the Bielmann spin except when it is done spectacularly well, and i can't recall, even in his younger years, Plushy managing one i'd call spectacular.

Technically I think the first is just a catch foot spiral rather than a Bielmann spiral - similarly the second he is only on the blade with one hand, the other is supporting "catching" arm.

and I loved his donut almost all his years, you have anything to say about his camel to donut spin? cause you may need the armur then.
    I'd have to look at videos of him in his youth to remember how he did used to perofrm it but i remember in later years when he did it he'd slow down far too much and struggle to catch his foot. *ducks and runs*

Ant
    sorry seniorita...i told you i'd need that kevlar armour when serious discussions started...please still be my friend!

sorry seniorita...i told you i'd need that kevlar armour when serious discussions started...please still be my friend!
    when did we say you leave on vacations again?

]I have to say that i'm not a big fan of the Bielmann spin except when it is done spectacularly well
    I agree. But the whole fuss about plush is that he was a man getting his foot to his ear, have you seen lots of men doing it spectacularly or not?Do you like Ten's by the way?
    Technically I think the first is just a catch foot spiral rather than a Bielmann spiral
    I didnt want to give credit to plushy for what he does, if it is catch foot or catch the cat , or whatvever, but I wanted to tell you that this thing i find it pleasing for my eye. Do you find it as annoying for your eye (both eyes, blue and green) as the bielman spin photo?
    I'd have to look at videos of him in his youth to remember how he did used to perofrm it
    This is 2005-2006. Up until the super groin injury of 2005 it was great (honestly now without any bias) , he was fast and round with a hole in the middle, really like a donut, (or like the Torino Medals)
    Last edited by seniorita; 07-03-2009 at 01:10 PM.

I agree. But the whole fuss about plush is that he was a man getting his foot to his ear, have you seen lots of men doing it spectacularly or not?Do you like Ten's by the way?
    I don't like the Biellmann enough to remember who has a good one, who has an ugly one and who has a mediocre one - just who has one in general . The only male skaters I can recall doing Biellmann spins are Plush, Denis Ten, and Yuzuru Hanyu, the Japanese junior national champion. Hanyu does an Ina Bauer, too, and he's adorable - much cuter than Plushy . I think Ten and Hanyu could end up being very successful in years to come, if growth spurts and injuries don't become an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Evan and Plushy together? Will this be an arm flapping clinic?
    from the best in business!

lets not butcher another thread.

well it was just an athlete prize, not sexsymbol prize!

thanx to italian forum and rainsland, parts of translation of italian article, nothing new just funny
    The return of Plushenko
    The sex symbol of figure skating ( i didnt write the article ANT!)
    Evgeni Plushenko, Baryshnikov of figure skating, had decide to come back to the competitions after three years off ice, to win, for the second time, the Olympic Games, like he already did, at Turin 2006, when he delighted the whole World dancing the “Godfather”. “I am training for the competitions during the next Olympic Games”, he said in Italy (“Italy is my second home country, I do love everything from you”), at Valdichiana, where he received the award "Fair Play Mecenate" in very suggestive scenography.
    At the central square of this little Middle Ages’s city, he came down the stairs covered by artificial snow – and we are in middle of the summer time - for being awarded at the very original way, never seen before.
    He was in the middle of the legends like Toni Sailer, Franco Nones, Gustavo Thoeni, Bernhard Russi, Marc Girardelli, Armin Zoeggeler.
    After the show of the Queen of the figure skating, Katarina Witt, matronly but always beautiful, Plushenko seems so little and so shy in the front of her, even if he won Olympic medal and three world champion titles.
    “I am not a clown”, he said at Cortona, when he was invited to improvise, without skate boots, a few of his famous steps.
    “I am not a clown, instead of it it’s better to come to see me at Vancouver!”
    -When do you get married?
    -Septembre the 12th!You are all invited!But bring me presents!!!
    LOL!

Yuzuru Hanyu
    I watched a video B, he is amazing little skater!

Quote Originally Posted by Senioria
    The return of Plushenko.

The sex symbol of figure skating ( i didnt write the article ANT!)...
    What? Isn't Kevin Van Der Perren the sex symbol of figure skating?

http://www.freewebs.com/kvdp333/icefantillusion.jpg

Page 55 of 174 FirstFirst ... 5 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 105 155 ... LastLast