Page 6 of 174 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread: Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2010!

Looks Do Matter
    from psychological studies, workers considered good looking move faster up the ladder of success (if they have the basic qualifications).

However, for Male Figure Skaters: Two Quads are Imperative

Regardless of his nose size, or any other body size.
    Last edited by Joesitz; 03-13-2009 at 04:58 PM.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    you sound like plush has an abnormality (i m not sure about this word) in his face or something, it doesnt look that annoying big so many years i ve been watching, I ve seen muuuch worse in fs, then I noticed his violinist has the same kind of nose, I think most eastern european men have big noses, I have no clue about rest body size

A study in noses. Compare and contrast:

Sasha Cohen

Sacha Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    ...I have no clue about rest body size
    Plushenko's body size

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Can I trade all these Sasha/Michelle/Plushenko possible come-back news for Lambiel/Savoie/Takahashi?

Custom Title
    Plushenko can stay gone, I really wouldn't mind.

Also, considering all the comeback talk from the likes of Plushenko, Cohen, Kwan, etc., I will believe only when I see it. Until then it's just talk.

Medalist
    At the 2002 Olys Plushenko was rather good, not quite as good as Yagudin Timothi and Takeshi were, but still good enough! Then, at 2006 Olys he was already halfdead! And, finally, I think all of us are going to have a very rare chance to watch a DEAD body wearing skates and jumping quad (though UR and a very scrappy one, but still)!!! Hurray!
    Last edited by elanna; 03-14-2009 at 05:50 AM.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Halfdead..It is amazing ..that people spend valuable time in posts of skaters they obviously not just dont like but detest or ..Usually i just glance Joubert threads and I just dont like him much, lol!
    I assume you mean Timothy and Honda were better in Sp (if that) cause if you mean they were better skaters of the event or better in Lp, I will assume your Tv was broken or you were watching Athen's 2004 Olympics or something

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Halfdead..It is amazing ..that people spend valuable time in posts of skaters they obviously not just dont like but detest or ..Usually i just glance Joubert threads and I just dont like him much, lol!
    I assume you mean Timothy and Honda were better in Sp (if that) cause if you mean they were better skaters of the event or better in Lp, I will assume your Tv was broken or you were watching Athen's 2004 Olympics or something
    Thanks for your advice, seniorita!Rushed away in Joubert`s thread!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by elanna View Post
    At the 2002 Olys Plushenko was rather good, not quite as good as YagudinTimothi and Takeshi were, but still good enough!
    He was good but not as good as Yagudin. Yes!

Timothy is an example of what a jumping bean looks like. There was nothing that could be used to compare him with Plushenko. Takeshi is a lot better than Tim in general, but he did badly that night.

Look how long and how fast that Plushenko's threads go! So many people care to post and read including so many self-labeled Plushenko haters. Go! Plushenko!
    Last edited by jennylovskt; 03-14-2009 at 01:45 PM.

Custom Title
    Personally I would prefer he not come back. I'm worried that if he doesn't skate well he will still get extreme marks based on his name and not his skating.

Loving pairs, dance and figure skating mycelticblessing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    Personally I would prefer he not come back. I'm worried that if he doesn't skate well he will still get extreme marks based on his name and not his skating.
    Well, it's still happening now even without him around. Besides, would the judges really give extreme marks just because he's a former Olympic champion? Look at what happened to most of the reinstated skaters in 1994. Most seemed to get no help from the judges at all.

Rinkside
    Bleh. Call me a hypocrite because I want Sasha to come back, but I'm just not thrilled about a potential Plushy return. I never liked his music choices, and IMO he never had that one super-fantastic long or short program, St. Peterburg 300 (02-03 long) was pretty cool, but it didn't have that "wow" feel to it like Yagudin's Gladiator or Overcome, Klimkin's Prelude to an Afternoon of a Faun, Kulik's Revolutions or Abt's sexy techno-folk song short from the 01-02 season.

If he does come back, I hope he gets an excellent choreographer and some interesting, passionate music to skate to.
    Last edited by Kindertotenlieder; 03-15-2009 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    I think it is also a gamble. If he skates as poorly as he did in 2006 Olys and is scored accordingly, he will go away as did all those other blokes at that 1998(?) Olys. On the other hand, if he truly skates better than he did in 2006, he will have gotten the respect of an Olympic champion, which imo, he does not have now.

Plushenko has said himself that his Olympic programs were structured
    to earn points and of course to win nothing more nothing less. Many skating fans think that his scores in 2006 were outrageous but the judges gave him those scores. Plushenko was surely not forcing the judges to give him those scores. Not liking his skating and the way he was scored are two different things IMO and in my eyes does not lessen his Olympic win. Here we are four years later and after each competition the skating fans (myself included) are still arguing about certain skaters being over-scored and under-scored. Nothing much has changed. Having Melissa and Denis choreograph his programs are a step in the right direction for Plushenko and if wants to come back as a competitor for Olympic Gold I welcome it, and wish him luck .

To be an Olympic champion, you don't have to skate well. You just have to skate better than the other guys.

Page 6 of 174 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 106 ... LastLast