Page 74 of 174 FirstFirst ... 24 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 124 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 2602

Thread: Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2010!

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Oh I love this discussion on Joubert - Plushenko, who of the two is better

I've seen Joubert off the ice on more than one occasion, and I must say he is quite coquinet.

Besides, he speaks French, which I don't understand for the most part. I L.O.V.E.D the way he said du tortue in a recent video of him at home!

I've never met Zhenya, but I read (and listen to) his interviews from time to time. And in this case, unfortunately, I comprehend very well what's being said, how he says it, what words and grammar he uses, and, frankly, I'm not charmed. But that's prob because I'm a boring person with unrealistically high expectations.

But for the rest I don't see much difference between the two. Except for the fact that Zhenya is an Olys champ, and Brian isn't (yet?).

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    And why did he change the music of sp..???!!!
    Because the ghost of lil' Fréderic Chopin hunted him down, threatened to haunt Plushenko for all eternity if he didn't abandon the short program.

It was really bad, Plushenko simply doesn't have the musicality or the subtlety to interpret Chopin.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsuhs View Post
    Besides, he speaks French, which I don't understand for the most part. I L.O.V.E.D the way he said du tortue in a recent video of him at home!
    OT: Some experts say that French is the most beautiful language in the world. I think that is true. I don't understand French at all but I love to listen to it, even the lengthy talkings ( silly me). It's like you don't have to know Italian to appreciate Italian opera.

[LIST][*]His flailing is his trademark and he is very much aware of it, and I dont think he has to be same category as Evan's arms
    that's true, he makes Evan's flailing less annoying.

***i dont understand exactly if they have same scale as ISU because the article says 95.05 out of 100 (?) Somewhere else says 93+..anyway this is local competition so...
    Music was not chopin , it was probably Concierto de Aranjuez
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    You'd better! Joubert recently said he hopes to continue past Vancouver, but only major events. Eventually he wants to go the usual gala-coaching-running an ice rink route. Which makes sense for him, I think.
    Someone wil surely correct me if i'm wrong, but I thought I'd heard that at Russian Nationals while they use the COP there are bonus points up for grabs so that if you land a hard element you get a bonus point? I seem to think that guys landing a quad would get two extra points. Can any anyone confirm this?

So it could be that the same rules are in place for ll national competitions and could explain the high score?

Ant

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    Someone wil surely correct me if i'm wrong, but I thought I'd heard that at Russian Nationals while they use the COP there are bonus points up for grabs so that if you land a hard element you get a bonus point? I seem to think that guys landing a quad would get two extra points. Can any anyone confirm this?

So it could be that the same rules are in place for ll national competitions and could explain the high score?

Ant
    I'm not sure, but at Russian forum people say that there wasn't any special bonuses, but Plushenko got huge GOE's for his elements (I heard that his jumps was perfect), his spins are much better now than it was in 2006, so...
    And as I know score system changed, for example in 2006 4T+3T - 13.0 points, now 13.8; 3A - 7,5 in 2006 and 8,2 now. The same can be said about StSq level 4
    Last edited by Lucky Star; 09-10-2009 at 04:37 AM.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    thank you for info , i was really puzzled with 95 out of 100 thing..Anyway this competition is a training test as coach said, and marks are sent to troposphere.

Mishin said no video but still ...
    http://www.1tv.ru/news/sport/151436
    His jumps looks like , 4-3 yey!

at least someone can be happy on this thread..

On the Ice

at least someone can be happy on this thread..
    Many thanks for posting the vid link!!! You are not the only one who is happy now The jumps look great. I adore those graceful arm movements (okay, maybe he overdid it in "Moonlight Sonata"; looked like a dancing windmill to me, lol). Hope everything goes well today.

Custom Title
    Plushenko's total score is 259.14. He wasn't perfect today, fell on 4-3-3 (last jump, 3Lo, was UR) and had mistake on the landing of single 4T (touched the ice, maybe UR). Anyway, it was good for his first event after 3 years

thank you for info , i was really puzzled with 95 out of 100 thing..Anyway this competition is a training test as coach said, and marks are sent to troposphere.

Oh my word! That 4/3 was fantastic....and here comes the shock i actually loved the arm movement on the landing!

The triple axel was landed a bit forward but was fine.

Looks like he's making a very credible run at the gold in vancouver. Hopefully this will give all the men a good kick up the butt to make them work their socks off for this season.

Ant

How did he fall in 4-3-3 but did the 3 loop and underrotate it???When did he fall then?In loop?
    He tries 4-3-3 and second quad??It is a scary thought, no plushy no!

thank you lucky star for all info!!!!which music he used?tango?

and here comes the shock i actually loved the arm movement on the landing!
    shock for who???? Certainly not for me!Ant you are a breath of fresh air but sometimes
    Are you saying all this for the promised baklava????

Custom Title
    How did he fall in 4-3-3 but did the 3 loop and underrotate it???When did he fall then?In loop?
    He tries 4-3-3 and second quad??It is a scary thought, no plushy no!

thank you lucky star for all info!!!!which music he used?tango?
    That's all I know, I read posts on russian forum from people who was there and watched it... I will tell if I know something new

Thank you

I forgot..out of subject as usually

Leonova's short from the same competition!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRo6vwtfEkg

I love Plushenko for really wanting to try to bring his a-game. Was about time someone stepped up. No more LPs with jump content that won medals in the eighties, no more stupid calculating by a certain Frenchman, no more programs with junior jump content with a note "Bbb... bu.. but - it has transitions!!" The King is back and if anybody else wants a Gold in Estonia, Canada and Italy, they better be in top-shape.

Custom Title
    And I can tell something new
    First of all yes, it was Tango
    4T-3T-3Lo (fell on loop and UR) 4T (touched the ice) 2A (should've been 3A) 3Lo 3A 3Lz-3S(Sq) 3F-2T 2A
    Good spins and StSq
    Last edited by Lucky Star; 09-10-2009 at 01:26 PM.

Page 74 of 174 FirstFirst ... 24 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 124 ... LastLast