Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2010! | Golden Skate

Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2010!

antmanb

Record Breaker
Sounds like he is. The direct quotes from him say that he wants to compete from the beginning of next season (though realistically other than Senior B events) he will only be able to take part in Cup of Russia if the Rusian Skating Federation invite him to it. He'd not likely make the GPF (no bad thing in an Olympic season).

He also sayd he's back to training two or three times (i presume this is sessions) a day.

Ant

merrybari

Final Flight
Oh for Pete's sake!! Why?? He was one of the best in his time but now, imho, it's time he moved on. I too will believe it when I actually see it.

merrybari

Final Flight
What does this mean for the present medal hopefuls? How will he compare to the likes of Kozuka, Chan and Abbott?

Not to mention the "old guys" - Lysacek, Joubert et al. Can't count any of them out either. It's a very deep field. All eyes will be on LA Worlds.

antmanb

Record Breaker
Oh for Pete's sake!! Why?? He was one of the best in his time but now, imho, it's time he moved on. I too will believe it when I actually see it.

I agree with the i'll believe it when i see it. But as to teh why? Why not?

Ant

skatingbc

Final Flight
Not to mention the "old guys" - Lysacek, Joubert et al. Can't count any of them out either. It's a very deep field. All eyes will be on LA Worlds.

I just meant that he has competed against the "old guys" before so we have some idea about how he stacks up in comparison. Chan is a new senior and even though Abbott is older, this has been a breakthrough season for him.

elanna

Rinkside
Well, someone will have to fight for the tenth place at the Olys too, why not Plushenko? I`m guite sure it would be funny to watch! Let him come back!:biggrin:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If I was going to choose one of the old guys, then I would choose Alexei!!! :love: :love: :agree:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
If I was going to choose one of the old guys, then I would choose Alexei!!! :love: :love: :agree:
Alexei might object to being called old :biggrin:. But definitely, I'd be much more honored if it were Yagudin or Stephane Lambiel.

Maybe Patrick Chan should start working on that quad.

skatingbc

Final Flight
Alexei might object to being called old :biggrin:. But definitely, I'd be much more honored if it were Yagudin or Stephane Lambiel.

Maybe Patrick Chan should start working on that quad.

I agree about Alexei. The title of the thread is just taken from the first statement of the article. To be honest, I never really like him much. I much preferred Yagudin.

And from what I've heard, Patrick is working on a quad.

Eurofan

On the Ice
He keeps making these announcements to the press; does anyone know if he's made them to the Russian Fed? Last I heard, even Piseev was skeptical about the "comeback."

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I can't read french. did he actually say he was training to compete or does "being present" mean that he will do commentary or skate an exhibition?