Thread: Nichol has pre-worlds tune-up with Rochette, Chan

All Hail Queen Yu-Na!!!!!! SailorGalaxia518's Avatar

News Nichol has pre-worlds tune-up with Rochette, Chan

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

Lori Nichol's work is done.

The final tune-ups have been made and, now, all she can do is sit back and watch as Canada's Patrick Chan and Joannie Rochette, as well as seven other medal hopefuls, make their bids for the podium at the 2009 World Championships in Los Angeles.

Staying healthy, motivated and set to peak at worlds are the keys for Chan's success now, not looking for ways to get more points, Nichol advised.
    I agree with that approach. I think it is a mistake to try to tweak a program too much just before Worlds. The skaters have enough on their minds to be adding content at this late date.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I agree with that approach. I think it is a mistake to try to tweak a program too much just before Worlds. The skaters have enough on their minds to be adding content at this late date.
    I think they've learned from Worlds 2008's LP, in which they added a second triple axel as the final "tune-up".
    It didn't pay off when Patrick fell on it and lost count of the combo, receiving 0 for the 3lz-2t combo in the second half (making the same mistake as Takahashi), slipping to 9 overall.