Croatia's Hegel Makes Changes for 2003 Season | Golden Skate

Croatia's Hegel Makes Changes for 2003 Season

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For four-time Croatian ladies champion Idora Hegel, winning the ladies title every year made her too complacent. She admitted she didn't work as hard as she could in the past. "In Croatia, when I go on to the ice, I know I'm first," she admitted. "I wasn't into skating that much.

More

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
It's pretty hard to compete against yourself - sounds like she is taking things a little more seriously though.

Thanks for the article.

kosjenka

On the Ice
I am from Croatia, and to be honest I do not like Idora s skating, But the true is that she is much more better in practice. once I could not belive that it was she skating, she did 3loop/3loop cleanly without any problems.
A month ago in croatian papers I read an article about her, it was mostly about her private life, her boyfriend and summer holidays.
She also talked about her training in US this summer. She spent a month with Tarasova. Idora said lots of nice thing about her (Tatiana), Sasha, Petrenko( by her saying he was there too) and about Alexei too.
"When I saw how bravely he went to ice to train, with so much pain I realised how lucky I am and how my health is important to me."- said Hegel.

dunja:)

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Hi Nuica, welcome to the board! I have never seen Idora skate. What is it about her skating that you do not like?

I'd love to see her skate and if she skates as good as she looks, she'll win Euros. It's time for Dubrovnik and Zagreb get on the skating map.

Joe

kosjenka

On the Ice
Thanks Mathman!
I hope it will work now!

Idora is a good skater and I hope she will get medal one year, don t know if she will ever reach gold, but everything is possible.
I hope that one day Zagreb will host Euros or Worlds and that Golden spin will once again be what it used to be.
That would give a lot to Croatian skating and to skating championships of this part of Europe too.

dunja:)