Gregory and Petukhov are doing choreography for Plushenko | Golden Skate

Gregory and Petukhov are doing choreography for Plushenko

sillylionlove

Medalist
Here is an FYI that I just recieved,

According to Melissa and Denis' facebook page, they have been in Russia for a few days. But they are now choreographing Evegeni's program for the 2009-2010 Olympic Season.

A link to something but my computer keeps blocking it due to work deciding it's innappropriate use of my computer

http://tinyurl.com/clmb3d

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The link is to Melissa & Denis's video blog. This installment is about their trip to the Hermitage in Russia.

sillylionlove

Medalist
Thanks for telling me that. I am surprised that my job hasn't blocked me access to this yet!! But they just updated their status to their facebook

lcd

Match Penalty
I think it'll be quite the challenge for anyone who thinks they will be able to truly create choreography for Plushenko. Have known of other more prominent US choreographers who were asked to come through by Mishin, only to have Plushenko essentially disregard the opportunity. Good luck to Melissa and Denis.

Mafke

Medalist
You can lead a skater to choreography but you can't make him stop flailing his arms around wildly.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Plushy reloaded?

Hm. And Johnny Weir will take care of Zhenya's costumes?

It's going to be one drop-dead gorgeous comeback (haterz!)

Wouldn't it be something if this means that Plushenko is truly thinking about a comeback (I mean, really, not just Imternet chatter.)

On the other Plushenko thread folks were picking on him for adopting a "taking care of business" approach to skating. Like Tiger Woods takes care of business on the golf course. Like LeBron James takes care of business on the basketball court.

Slam bam thank you ma'am, you can send my medal to my St. Petersburg address. :rock: Wait, first I'll flail my arms a little in your faces, chumps. :laugh:

seniorita

Record Breaker
i think mishin is the one that was cutting his initial choreography at the end and not plushenko himself, I remember one choreographer they had from Kirov ballet that was adding things and the program was more beautiful first time he skated it and then Mishin was taking half moves out. Mishin had told this himself cause he wanted Plushenko to emphasize in technical things, That was Nijjinski or Adagio, I dont remember.
I dont understand what people want at the end from him, to have the same approach as in 2006 or to adapt more to Cop and try different things?
I like windmills hands:), i like Netherlands in general!

Last edited:

Medusa

Record Breaker
I dont understand what people want at the end from him, to have the same approach as in 2006 or to adapt more to Cop and try different things?
I don't really think that some fans on the boards want Plushenko to change the approach or his skating at all. Who could they hate on then? Same goes for Joubert, who would they accuse of stealing medals from the quadless NA-squad if Joubert suddenly started adding ballet moves to his programs? It's so much easier to keep one's, sometimes very simplified and populistic, opinion.

^^the Netherlands are very pretty...

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I am happy about this. Gregory is a good choregrapher, and I am excited to see if Plushenko is willing to really change his style for the positve. I guess this also means he is officially coming back, for those who doubted.

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
I am happy about this. Gregory is a good choregrapher, and I am excited to see if Plushenko is willing to really change his style for the positve. I guess this also means he is officially coming back, for those who doubted.

I had no idea they have done choreography before. Did they only choreograph for themselves previously? Or have they helped other skaters choreograph too?

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I had no idea they have done choreography before. Did they only choreograph for themselves previously? Or have they helped other skaters choreograph too?

They did the famous "fallen angels" number which they skated with Johnny Wier. Besides doing their own choreography, I was certain Dennis chreographed programs for another elite skater....the name escapes me right now.

antmanb

Record Breaker
i think mishin is the one that was cutting his initial choreography at the end and not plushenko himself, I remember one choreographer they had from Kirov ballet that was adding things and the program was more beautiful first time he skated it and then Mishin was taking half moves out. Mishin had told this himself cause he wanted Plushenko to emphasize in technical things, That was Nijjinski or Adagio, I dont remember.

:rofl: :rofl:

To be honest I am one of the people who really doesn't get his skating at all. Honestly If Pluschenko manages to get back his jumps to 2006 levels, then frankly, he doesn't need to do anything else to win and doesn't have to change a single thing. Personally I'd like to see him skate to something and really use the music (i'd also like to see this from Joubert while we're on the subject :p) but he doesn't have to listen to me :p.

The other thing that might make him reconsider the choreography is that this time around Joubert is a lot closer to him. They have similar styles (though I do prefer Joubert's style - they both tend to have cringey choreography/posing sections) and he would have to do something to really set himself apart. Though if he lands the jumps he could rely on a mistkae from Joubert in the LP, but that doesn't strike me as a tactic Pluschenko would have :rock:

Ant

seniorita

Record Breaker
from where i stand Joubert and Plush are like night and day, I cannot see the similarity in their skating except for the fact they land quads, they have different posture, body and different style of taking off /landing jumps, even different crossovers, i cannot imagine plush doing Lord, James Bond or this year's sp of Joubert as I cannot imagine Joubert doing adagio, nijinski ,carmen, moonllight sonata etc.
Plush was never counting on the failure of his competitors in order to win, I hope he doesnt change that approach:cool:
Plushy cannot pull off a camille:laugh:

elanna

Rinkside
I cannot see the similarity in their skating except for the fact they land quads
Joubert does land quads, Plushenko, I`m afraid, just hopes/tries/wants to land them.;)
Plush was never counting on the failure of his competitors in order to win, I hope he doesnt change that approach
I DO hope Judges will change:clap:THEIR approach to him if he really comes back!

Last edited: