Gregory and Petukhov are doing choreography for Plushenko | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Gregory and Petukhov are doing choreography for Plushenko

seniorita

Record Breaker
Joubert does land quads, Plushenko, I`m afraid, just hopes/tries/wants to land them.;)

Of course Joubert lands quads since he is still competing after 2006 and Plushy tries to land them and to get his shape back, there is no point in comparisson,when Joubert gets his Olympic Gold Medal, stops competitions for three years and then gets his shape back maybe we can talk on the same terms.:)

elanna

Rinkside
Of course Joubert lands quads since he is still competing after 2006 and Plushy tries to land them and to get his shape back, there is no point in comparisson,when Joubert gets his Olympic Gold Medal, stops competitions for three years and then gets his shape back maybe we can talk on the same terms.:)
There is nobody to blame but himself (Plushenko) for not competing for so long and losing his jumpes, his one and only property!:cool:
I hope Joubert will win (not get) his Gold at the Vancouver!:love:

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
I heard Kurt Browning cannot jump the quad anymore:eek:
I guess Joubert is better:p
I think there is nobody to blame anyway if a skater wants to take a break from competitions.

I don't really think that some fans on the boards want Plushenko to change the approach or his skating at all. Who could they hate on then? Same goes for Joubert, who would they accuse of stealing medals from the quadless NA-squad if Joubert suddenly started adding ballet moves to his programs? It's so much easier to keep one's, sometimes very simplified and populistic, opinion.
I think fans are two fold in appreciating figure skating. Some like the CoP approach which if Joubert and Evgeni skate clean in their staccotto styles, would indeed, have high scores for their hi-level-jumps and their footwork in a sharp disconnected manner.

Others prefer more rhythm in figure skating, with flowing musical footwork and meaningful arm movements which was obvious in the performance of Buttle in Gothenborg.

How much emphasis the judges' will put on spins is always questionable. I do believe quads rule in Men's competitions, and other elements will follow favorably in scores if the skater lands a significant quad properly.

Depending on what Evgeni does at his one GP this year, his Russian Nats, Euros will make the 2010 Olys a wait and see.

If G/P are doing his choreo, that imo, is good preparation for him. Giving him a little dance to his skating can only make his program genuinely more pleasing to his non fans.

Question. Will he be able to dance his routine and still quad jump?

jennylovskt

Medalist
I liked Denis "Falling Angles" choreography but his choreography for Johnny was very flat and uninspiring. I am skeptical about him choreographing for Plushenko. I have to see it before I pronounce any more opinions on this.

elanna

Rinkside
Question. Will he be able to dance his routine and still quad jump?

Why not? I`m quite sure, there would be plenty of stops for that in both his programs! But I doubt if he is able to jump quads now at all!:biggrin:

Last edited:

antmanb

Record Breaker
If G/P are doing his choreo, that imo, is good preparation for him. Giving him a little dance to his skating can only make his program genuinely more pleasing to his non fans.

:rofl: :rofl: I saw the bold bit above and in my head read it as Gristchuk/Platov and went :eek: they're back together and doing Choreography??? :rofl:

Then realised it was Gregory and Petuhkov!

Ant

Why not? I`m quite sure, there would be plenty of stops for that in both of his programs! But I doubt if he is able to jump quads now at all!:biggrin:
I presume you are saying that if he lands his quads, nothing else will matter? I kind of agree with that but I didn't want to sound biased.

Someday, they will turn off the music (praise to be) and let the skaters take on the jumps of their choices for scoring. The highest scorer should be considered the greatest skater of them all. :cool:

elanna

Rinkside
I presume you are saying that if he lands his quads, nothing else will matter? I kind of agree with that but I didn't want to sound biased.

Someday, they will turn off the music (praise to be) and let the skaters take on the jumps of their choices for scoring. The highest scorer should be considered the greatest skater of them all. :cool:

Sorry, I didn`t understand your question correctly. I thought we were speaking about the sort of "dancing" Plushenko`s been showing for ages now -plenty of stops with doing nothing but posing, rolling eyes, and staring at the judjes (it doesn`t matter if this matches with music or not) for recovering his strenght so that he could continue jumping and not to die of that before his program is finished! And I never believe he is going to change anything in this aspect! Why should he change? He always was granted enormous marks for "artistic" presentation:he just needed to jump! And I don`t think that it matters anything to him who his choreographers currently are (not these then those). But what amuses me is that he seriously believes he still CAN land quads hardly doing triples with stops!:)

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
the man's over 40.
:rofl:
oh, i hope u know i was joking:)

I think fans are two fold in appreciating figure skating

i liked buttle's programs, the one thing i didnt like about him is his attempts in quad-falling for the points, but he played by Cop rules so fair enough..i dont know which category am I, liking also plush and lambiel and weir, basically i like figure skaters that look like they re enjoying it, either enjoying it just themselves or through the audience cheering, and the ones who make fs look easy.

If he believes he can land quads, then maybe he knows something more than you and me, I like people who fight against possibilities anyway. Mishin said the other day his body remembers quads, now he has to land them constantly, I dont know if he cares about his choreo since I m not there, but it looks like over the years he tried to do something different than usual. i know we argue about choreo but he can have one and jumb, I dont think though he can have the demanding choreo Chan does and jumb quads, but then neither Chan does it so far:p

Last edited:

Fashionista

On the Ice
But I doubt if he is able to jump quads now at all!:biggrin:
You shouldn't have any doubts cos he already has 4T and trying to do 4S.
Here's an article about his recent 50 min training. Journalist comments every move of Plushenko and every element and jump he makes.
It's in russian but you can use google translator. http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/322301
I must disappoint you he already has all triples.

i liked buttle's programs, the one thing i didnt like about him is his attempts in quad-falling for the points, but he played by Cop rules so fair enough..i dont know which category am I, liking also plush and lambiel and weir, basically i like figure skaters that look like they re enjoying it, either enjoying it just themselves or through the audience cheering, and the ones who make fs look easy.

If he believes he can land quads, then maybe he knows something more than you and me, I like people who fight against possibilities anyway. Mishin said the other day his body remembers quads, now he has to land them constantly, I dont know if he cares about his choreo since I m not there, but it looks like over the years he tried to do something different than usual. i know we argue about choreo but he can have one and jumb, I dont think though he can have the demanding choreo Chan does and jumb quads, but then neither Chan does it so far:p
Figure Skaters, Male or Female who enjoy and show enjoyment on the ice whether in shows or in competition, definitely have something in their favor. But I was talking about those fans who insist that all male figure skaters must show quad(s) in their competitive programs. Unfortunately, not all skaters can do that. Yet, using Weir as an example who has world wide appeal and has never shown a landed quad in his competititve programs but does show such musicality and flow, condtinues to be a favorite without the quad.

That all seems to me like the two types of fans I was talking about. Whatever the fan perceives as being the 'best' in figure skating, is a personal choice. What the judges perceive is, well, ......I dunno. We'll wait and see.

Just because a ballerina can whip off 32 Fuertes, doesn't mean she is the greatest ballerina. No?

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks for posting the video. Plushenko looks fit and I am excited to see the new programs that Melissa and Denis choreographed for him. Plushenko was honest when asked by Melissa why he is coming back he says "to win".

seniorita

Record Breaker
Joe I want to say that by reading your posts I improve my english, I copy phrases of yours if you dont mind!:p
I m not a fan who believes quads or combinations are that essential, but I m amazed when someone can do them easily or spectacularly and with confidence, I suspect there is such much hard work behind it and such concetration and strong mind that even if the skater cannot do anything else, I wow. (For me though plush is not in the category of jumbing beans). That goes also with spins and everything else that is not so common and it is original, like Lambiel's spins or Weir's smoothness, I like the skaters who try to do much more than they can and forward fs, if this is jumb combinations and quads(i dont think that they are that common) or if this is spins and footwork. On the other hand I like that skaters know their limits and play smart cause it is still a sport and not exhibitions, show their excellence and hide their flaws, I dont expect plush to start sit down in spins as I didnt expect Lambiel to have a steady 3axel or Weir to start landing 2 quads or even 1(although it pisses me off that he can land them) . Neither matter much for me, cause these skaters take their talent seriously and seem fighters to me. The rest as musicality and connection to audience and artistry, is a matter of taste.
I also liked plush on that video. Bravo!:clap: