Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Gregory and Petukhov are doing choreography for Plushenko

Custom Title
    Plushenko would look amazing in Johnny's "Love is War" costume.

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    i think mishin is the one that was cutting his initial choreography at the end and not plushenko himself, I remember one choreographer they had from Kirov ballet that was adding things and the program was more beautiful first time he skated it and then Mishin was taking half moves out. Mishin had told this himself cause he wanted Plushenko to emphasize in technical things, That was Nijjinski or Adagio, I dont remember.
    I dont understand what people want at the end from him, to have the same approach as in 2006 or to adapt more to Cop and try different things?
    I like windmills hands, i like Netherlands in general!

To be honest I am one of the people who really doesn't get his skating at all. Honestly If Pluschenko manages to get back his jumps to 2006 levels, then frankly, he doesn't need to do anything else to win and doesn't have to change a single thing. Personally I'd like to see him skate to something and really use the music (i'd also like to see this from Joubert while we're on the subject ) but he doesn't have to listen to me .

The other thing that might make him reconsider the choreography is that this time around Joubert is a lot closer to him. They have similar styles (though I do prefer Joubert's style - they both tend to have cringey choreography/posing sections) and he would have to do something to really set himself apart. Though if he lands the jumps he could rely on a mistkae from Joubert in the LP, but that doesn't strike me as a tactic Pluschenko would have

Ant

Quote Originally Posted by psycho View Post
    Plushenko would look amazing in Johnny's "Love is War" costume.
    No! Put him in the Swan!

Ant

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    from where i stand Joubert and Plush are like night and day, I cannot see the similarity in their skating except for the fact they land quads, they have different posture, body and different style of taking off /landing jumps, even different crossovers, i cannot imagine plush doing Lord, James Bond or this year's sp of Joubert as I cannot imagine Joubert doing adagio, nijinski ,carmen, moonllight sonata etc.
    Plush was never counting on the failure of his competitors in order to win, I hope he doesnt change that approach
    Plushy cannot pull off a camille

Medalist
    I cannot see the similarity in their skating except for the fact they land quads
    Joubert does land quads, Plushenko, I`m afraid, just hopes/tries/wants to land them.
    Plush was never counting on the failure of his competitors in order to win, I hope he doesnt change that approach
    I DO hope Judges will changeTHEIR approach to him if he really comes back!
    Last edited by elanna; 03-13-2009 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by elanna View Post
    Joubert does land quads, Plushenko, I`m afraid, just hopes/tries/wants to land them.
    Of course Joubert lands quads since he is still competing after 2006 and Plushy tries to land them and to get his shape back, there is no point in comparisson,when Joubert gets his Olympic Gold Medal, stops competitions for three years and then gets his shape back maybe we can talk on the same terms.

Medalist
    Of course Joubert lands quads since he is still competing after 2006 and Plushy tries to land them and to get his shape back, there is no point in comparisson,when Joubert gets his Olympic Gold Medal, stops competitions for three years and then gets his shape back maybe we can talk on the same terms.
    There is nobody to blame but himself (Plushenko) for not competing for so long and losing his jumpes, his one and only property!
    I hope Joubert will win (not get) his Gold at the Vancouver!
    Last edited by elanna; 03-13-2009 at 10:13 AM.

I heard Kurt Browning cannot jump the quad anymore
    I guess Joubert is better
    I think there is nobody to blame anyway if a skater wants to take a break from competitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    I don't really think that some fans on the boards want Plushenko to change the approach or his skating at all. Who could they hate on then? Same goes for Joubert, who would they accuse of stealing medals from the quadless NA-squad if Joubert suddenly started adding ballet moves to his programs? It's so much easier to keep one's, sometimes very simplified and populistic, opinion.
    I think fans are two fold in appreciating figure skating. Some like the CoP approach which if Joubert and Evgeni skate clean in their staccotto styles, would indeed, have high scores for their hi-level-jumps and their footwork in a sharp disconnected manner.

Others prefer more rhythm in figure skating, with flowing musical footwork and meaningful arm movements which was obvious in the performance of Buttle in Gothenborg.

How much emphasis the judges' will put on spins is always questionable. I do believe quads rule in Men's competitions, and other elements will follow favorably in scores if the skater lands a significant quad properly.

Depending on what Evgeni does at his one GP this year, his Russian Nats, Euros will make the 2010 Olys a wait and see.

If G/P are doing his choreo, that imo, is good preparation for him. Giving him a little dance to his skating can only make his program genuinely more pleasing to his non fans.

Question. Will he be able to dance his routine and still quad jump?

I heard Kurt Browning cannot jump the quad anymore
    the man's over 40.
    I guess Joubert is better
    um, no.

Custom Title
    I liked Denis "Falling Angles" choreography but his choreography for Johnny was very flat and uninspiring. I am skeptical about him choreographing for Plushenko. I have to see it before I pronounce any more opinions on this.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Question. Will he be able to dance his routine and still quad jump?
    Why not? I`m quite sure, there would be plenty of stops for that in both his programs! But I doubt if he is able to jump quads now at all!
    Last edited by elanna; 03-13-2009 at 10:45 AM.

If G/P are doing his choreo, that imo, is good preparation for him. Giving him a little dance to his skating can only make his program genuinely more pleasing to his non fans.
    I saw the bold bit above and in my head read it as Gristchuk/Platov and went they're back together and doing Choreography???

Then realised it was Gregory and Petuhkov!

Ant

Quote Originally Posted by elanna View Post
    Why not? I`m quite sure, there would be plenty of stops for that in both of his programs! But I doubt if he is able to jump quads now at all!
    I presume you are saying that if he lands his quads, nothing else will matter? I kind of agree with that but I didn't want to sound biased.

Someday, they will turn off the music (praise to be) and let the skaters take on the jumps of their choices for scoring. The highest scorer should be considered the greatest skater of them all.

but I didn't want to sound biased.
    It's too late

From reading the Plushenko threads, the biased opinions abound........

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast