Delobel and Schoenfelder Withdraw from Worlds | Golden Skate

Delobel and Schoenfelder Withdraw from Worlds

Buttercup

Record Breaker
It's official: Isabelle and Olivier will not defend their title in LA and will focus on the Olympic season (the article is in French). They will be replaced by Blanc/Bouquet.

I'm sure they did everything possible to be ready in time, but if Isabelle is not fully recovered, it's for the best. I hope to see them in great shape and with beautiful programs next season.

Last edited:

Kinga

Medalist
:(
I really wanted them to defend the title. Their FD this year deserves it even more than last year Piano. :(
I hope that they are healthy next season (I am curious whether they keep Pink Floyd FD)

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I am curious whether they keep Pink Floyd FD
I hope they will. It's a lovely program for which they received good scores, and they've skated it in international competition only three times - right?

One can only hope that Isabelle continues to improve and will be 100 per cent for her training and competiting in 2010 Olys.

lcd

Match Penalty
One of the ramifications of this though, it certainly puts in doubt the ability of France to keep 3 spots at the Olympics next year, and improves odds for say, Canada to score that magic 13 or better, and perhaps (perhaps) for Italy as well.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I kept waiting for this to be offical. With the russians still a question mark and Virtue and Moir not 100%, things look pretty good for the americans.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I kept waiting for this to be offical. With the russians still a question mark and Virtue and Moir not 100%, things look pretty good for the americans.
K/N aren't a question mark, though. And B/A are as much a question mark as DomShabs, I would like to see them skate myself and make up mind based on that. But I agree that things are looking very good for Meryl and Charlie - though I'm sure they want to win on merit, not because others are injured or aren't in peak form. I hope this is it in terms of injuries, and good luck to all the skaters!

lcd, I think the French will struggle to get 3 spots for next season. The Italians are pretty iffy too, I can't see any scenario in which C/L will be higher than 8th, and they could drop lower because it's such a strong field. With the Canadians, it's really hard to say because we don't know what kind of shape Tessa will be in.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh no, I feel really bad for DelSchoes and their many fans. :cry: Poor Isabelle, I really hope she recovers fully soon. Best wishes to Isabelle and Olivier in preparation for the Olympic season! Hope they come back soaring! :clap::bow:

Final Flight
*dead*

.....go davis and white! *tentatively*

i will be at 2010 OLYMPIC FD.....i will kill 10 babies if i have to.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
That's too bad. I wasnt a fan of their FD this season at all, but they will be missed.

France can forget about their 3 spots at Vancouver though, and that really really really sucks for Carron/Jost :frown::frown:. In a best case Scenario PechalatBourzat will place 6th, and that's if they beat both FaiellaScali and the Kerrs which is a very big IF. C/J best hope is a 10th place finish and that's if they beat both S/B and C/P which is also a very big IF. :cry::disapp:

rosee

On the Ice
I hope that they are healthy next season (I am curious whether they keep Pink Floyd FD)

I can't find the article right now, but they said that they won't keep their FD. They already have a lot of ideas for FDs that will look even more like "them".

Buttercup

Record Breaker
France can forget about their 3 spots at Vancouver though, and that really really really sucks for Carron/Jost :frown::frown:. In a best case Scenario PechalatBourzat will place 6th, and that's if they beat both FaiellaScali and the Kerrs which is a very big IF. C/J best hope is a 10th place finish and that's if they beat both S/B and C/P which is also a very big IF. :cry::disapp:
I disagree. I think it is unlikely that they will keep three spots, but I can certainly see P/B finishing higher than sixth, since they will come in as the top French team and have a high-scoring FD. C/J might finish as high as 8th or 9th - they would need to beat the NA teams to do so, but they are capable of it; theoretically they could also finish ahead of C/L - they came close to doing so at Euros. It seems unlikely that both will happen, but it is a possiblity. And I believe both of the French teams are better than you give them credit for. Also, we still need to see if there will be any other WDs, before or during the event.

herios

Medalist
I disagree. I think it is unlikely that they will keep three spots, but I can certainly see P/B finishing higher than sixth, since they will come in as the top French team and have a high-scoring FD. C/J might finish as high as 8th or 9th - they would need to beat the NA teams to do so, but they are capable of it; theoretically they could also finish ahead of C/L - they came close to doing so at Euros. It seems unlikely that both will happen, but it is a possiblity. And I believe both of the French teams are better than you give them credit for. Also, we still need to see if there will be any other WDs, before or during the event.

I agree with you as well. Most liekly France won't retain the 3 spots, and that is sad if a strong team like C / J won't be able to participate at the Olympics should Del / Sch return healthy next year, but to make bold prediction regarding how the teams will place in the end is like playing roulette. There is no certainty how the 3 iinjured teams Dom / Sha, Bel / Ago and Vir / Moi will show up and if they will be skating as well as they were when they were injury free and regarding the rest of the top teams, they are quite tightly bunched as far as capability.
About Pechalat / Bourzat, they got better every time they skated this season and despite their FD was scored as well as 2nd at the Europeans, there is still room for improvement as Nathalie said in an article after the euros:

"Obviously, we need to change every element that did not get a Level 4. So we changed our combined lift in the free dance, which got a Level 2, and one of our step sequences. Nowadays, you need to be completely sure that your elements all get a Level 4. In fact, it may be rather detrimental to ice dancing and to creativity as a whole. "
Also, the protocols are not as carved in stone in ice dance as they used to be, so you never know what kind of surprises you may see.
So, in other words, this event is unpredictable imo.

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
I can't find the article right now, but they said that they won't keep their FD. They already have a lot of ideas for FDs that will look even more like "them".

I'm glad they'll be changing their FD. The Pink Floyd one was good, but they'll likely come up with something even better for the Olympics. I love :love: their Carnival of Venice program from the previous Games!

Such a pity they had to withdraw. They really did have such a great chance to defend their title too!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
This is too, too sad.

Everything is so jumbled in dance, with so many injuries, that I can only stand and watch.

I would definitely not make any predictions.