Hoffman injured | Golden Skate

Hoffman injured

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
This is from a Russian site siteforum.fsonline.ru:

"Last week at the start of a practice, during warm-up, Nora built up speed, and, trying to avoid a collision with colleagues on the ice, flew out of an open board gate, resulting in very heavy head injury involving jaw and the part around the temple. She was unconscious for almost a day. Yesterday, her parents took her home once the doctors approved the flight."

singerskates

On the Ice
This is from a Russian site siteforum.fsonline.ru:

"Last week at the start of a practice, during warm-up, Nora built up speed, and, trying to avoid a collision with colleagues on the ice, flew out of an open board gate, resulting in very heavy head injury involving jaw and the part around the temple. She was unconscious for almost a day. Yesterday, her parents took her home once the doctors approved the flight."

And that is why my coach likes to keep the doors at the boards closed. Had the doors been closed, she wouldn't have hit her head.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I have heard that she is out of the hospital, and OK except for a headache. However, she has another CT scan scheduled.

herios

Medalist
I have heard that she is out of the hospital, and OK except for a headache. However, she has another CT scan scheduled.

I found an article in hungarian, and it states she will try again to skate on friday (yesterday). The final decision will be taken on Monday if they will be participating in LA.

http://www.origo.hu/sport/egyeb/tel...n-nora-elhagyta-a-korhazat-de-a-vebe-meg.html

A previous article from March 11th was saying Nora had nausea and wasn't hearing with one ear.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Please don't take any risks! Please-please-please-please-please! It is NOT worth it. NEVER. EVER! She should take her time, recover properly, and only go back to ice when she is certain to be out of danger. OK, so maybe motherhood has made me too soft :laugh: