Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Any Matt Savoie news?

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    I miss him too and thought he was one of the best!!!!

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedSkating View Post
    No he's still at Cornell, but graduating in a few weeks. Having seen him skate at practice sessions, it is like watching passion on ice. I have never seen anything like it.
    I'm so glad that he is graduating - and still skating!

I was privileged to see him at Nationals in 2005 and 2006. His programs were things of beauty, and brought me to tears. He never got the credit he deserved - particularly in 2005!

I long to see him skate again.

Tripping on the Podium
    A friend of mine is skating in the ISI sanctioned show in Peoria tonight (and last night), and brought me a program. Matt is the special guest skater. His bio says that he graduated from Cornell last weekend with a Juris Doctorate. Congrats to Matt, and I'm only sad that this show wasn't better publicized so I could have gone to see him skate again!

Quote Originally Posted by Clarice View Post
    His bio says that he graduated from Cornell last weekend with a Juris Doctorate.
    Maybe he will continue in figure skating on the legal side. Run for USFS President!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by doug_log View Post
    I saw Matt all week at the Staples Center for Worlds. He was wearing a blazer, tie, and khakis, and looked somewhat official with some ISU insignia on a badge of some sort. Maybe he is/was working/volunteering with the ISU?
    Yes, Savoie is currently the athlete representative on the ISU Technical Committee for Single & Pair Skating.

Thanks for the update, Clarice! Congrats to Matt on his J.D.!

Congrats to Matt! I miss him in skating, but this is still wonderful news. Glad to know that he's still involved in skating, too!

Rinkside
    I was lucky enough to see Matt skate in Peoria and he is still one of the most beautiful male skaters. The artistry was fantastic as always, jumps were still very high with some having less rotations. He seemed relaxed and happy that he was through with school and ready to take on the world.

Prior to the second show he was surrounded by the girls participating in the show and he took the time to speak with each of them and give them autographs as well as pose for pictures. He is quite a hero to the people of Peoria!

Thanks for the report, Skate_Nut.

Hey, if it plays in Peoria, next stop -- Broadway!

Matt Savoie~Soul Skater CzarinaAnya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skate_nut View Post
    I was lucky enough to see Matt skate in Peoria and he is still one of the most beautiful male skaters. The artistry was fantastic as always, jumps were still very high with some having less rotations. He seemed relaxed and happy that he was through with school and ready to take on the world.

Prior to the second show he was surrounded by the girls participating in the show and he took the time to speak with each of them and give them autographs as well as pose for pictures. He is quite a hero to the people of Peoria!
    Is he coming back to Peoria to live, I wonder? I'm really close by, and loved to watch him at the Center.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2