Possible User Name Modification? | Golden Skate

Possible User Name Modification?

R.D.

Record Breaker
hey all,

I was going to ask this a while back but it didn't occur to me. Is it possible I can have my username simply read "RD" rather than "Red Dog". Most people call me RD and I think it would make more sense to just go by that for my username. Thanks

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It looks like we don't do this.

Apparently it requires redoing the database. GS keeps everything everyone ever wrote from the year dot, so it's a large task, and apparently there are apt to be screwups, because the software has changed radically over the years.

I'm sorry.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Can you register under a new name i..e. RD? Under your new user name you could put f/k/a Red Dog so folks would know. Just a thought..

^ You lose your post count, so I hope RD doesn't do it at least until he hits that 10,000 mark! :cool:

R.D.

Record Breaker
MM nailed it. I was hoping to just modify my name- they do it all the time at other forums- but alas.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Actually, I think I'll retire this account now. The post count isn't really a big deal now that I think about it.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Just want to say...Thanks to MM and anyone else who helped merge my two accounts! :agree: