Ideas of Themes for all skaters | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ideas of Themes for all skaters

rosee

On the Ice
I can't see any of the male ice dancers as Henry the 8th.

I think Scott moir has a little something...maybe in like ten years he'll be a good Henri VIII.

I'm convinced K&N have already skated to Pirates of the Caribbean...it's not on youtube anymore but I have a video somewhere in my computer from Skate Canada.
Edit: http://eastonice.free.fr/khokhlova-novitski/eonice.html They skated to PotC during the 2004-2005.

Last edited:

lmarie086

Medalist
entire post

I love all of your suggestions! DelSchoes could do beautifully with Amelie! And I'd love to see Davis/White skate to Mozart, he's one of my all time favorite composers and I really think he should be used more in skating (Fur Elise is by Beethoven though). And I'd love for Carolina to use Adagio-the last program of hers I really, really enjoyed was her Canon in D Minor SP. I think Adagio would work really well for her.

Oh, I'd still really like to see D/W do a yin-yang FD someday.

Last edited:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I love Adagio, but I feel that Carolina is not the one to skate to it. That music has such beautiful repressed passion and then it builds to a beautiful ending...i can't see her skating with that kind of emotion. I think carolina is doing very well with the tango this year, I would like her to do a Tango freeskate next year and the Matrix for the SP. Not many women could pull of the matrix, but I think she could.

HCOSurfer

Final Flight
I would really like to see Ashley skate to Rhapsody on a theme of Paganini and Mirai skate to Swan Lake next season.

A for Axel

Rinkside
I love Adagio, but I feel that Carolina is not the one to skate to it. That music has such beautiful repressed passion and then it builds to a beautiful ending...i can't see her skating with that kind of emotion. I think carolina is doing very well with the tango this year, I would like her to do a Tango freeskate next year and the Matrix for the SP. Not many women could pull of the matrix, but I think she could.

The idea of matrix for Carolina is very interesting.
below are my ideas.

Carolina
In the middle somewhat elevated
try another Swan Lake
Vivaldi's Four Seasons or Canon again

Miki
I think she can Bolero
Fire bird, Scheherazade or Carmen again

Mirai
Paquita or Don qui xote

Johnny
Spectre de la Rose
Le Corsaire

antmanb

Record Breaker

You've just made me have a lightbulb moment for something totally different for Sasha to skate to - Matrix. Enough with the Joubert portrayal of Neo let's have Sasha kick some *** portraying Trinity! I think that would be great - the Rob Dougan track that's most famous would be great - and imagine the costume :love:

Ant

eleonora.d

On the Ice
T

Carolina Kostner:

Adagio by Albioni

She actually did during an italian tv show (there was a *very* small ice rink on the stage). Unfortunately the video is not available on you tube, but I just reposted it on fsvids.
Anyway, it was not a classical version of it, it was more kind of melodic rock.

rmaap1

Rinkside
I think Emily Samuelson would be great for using music from Anne of Green Gables, but I can't picture Evan as Gilbert. But she said somewhere that she really likes Pride & Prejudice, and I love the music in that movie. It would be nice for them to have good music in their FD.

I love the Pride and Prejudice music as well and have been hoping someone would use it. It would suit Samuleson and Bates very well!

Tigger

Final Flight
You've just made me have a lightbulb moment for something totally different for Sasha to skate to - Matrix. Enough with the Joubert portrayal of Neo let's have Sasha kick some *** portraying Trinity! I think that would be great - the Rob Dougan track that's most famous would be great - and imagine the costume :love:

Ant

First off...Down boy!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Second, I think this is a great idea. It would pull Sasha out of her comfort zone and I think she would pull it off like nothing else too.

The more I think of it, the more I like it!!

viv

On the Ice
I just by chance listended Smetanas "Moldau" yesterday and it came to my mind that it would be nice seeing Carolina skate to it. (Did anybody ever use it?)

Tigger

Final Flight
Watched Braveheart for the first time in a few years yesterday and the music is fantastic. Not sure who would skate to it, but it would make a great program for someone out there.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Fusar Poli & Margaglio famously skated to Braveheart.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Kerrs skate to Braveheart in the Olympics. It's a decent theme for a sister/brother team from Scotland. And John already has the kilt.:love:

astimegoesby

On the Ice
As great as the "Braveheart" music is, I suspect one of the reasons why more skaters haven't used it is because I don't think anyone could top Philippe Candeloro's epic "Braveheart" program in 1999/2000...complete with kilt and numerous props! :)

skatingbc

Final Flight
After watching the Worlds gala, I think that Mao should definitely skate to a tango next season! Maybe it was just because there wasn't any pressure, but she skated with more joy and energy than I have ever seen her skate with previously. If Brian Joubert picks more techno music for his programs next year, I'm going to have to tear my hair out. He proved he can skate to softer, more lyrical music but just chooses not to.

I was thinking since the OD is folk/country next year and the Olympics are in Canada, V/M could choose some Canadian folk music? On the other hand, I would a Spanish folk dance as well. I love it when they skate with a Spanish theme!

berrycute

On the Ice
I just by chance listended Smetanas "Moldau" yesterday and it came to my mind that it would be nice seeing Carolina skate to it. (Did anybody ever use it?)

You know, I think that is a gorgeous piece of music, and I could picture so many skaters doing it justice. I would be delighted if Carolina gave it a try.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I am a little sick of the Tango theme for men aftert this worlds, but I would like to see Johnny try one next year. Maybe for the SP. all his recent music/programs sound/looks so similar I think it would be an interetsing departure for him.

Medusa

Record Breaker
I am a little sick of the Tango theme for men aftert this worlds, but I would like to see Johnny try one next year. Maybe for the SP. all his recent music/programs sound/looks so similar I think it would be an interetsing departure for him.
But please let it be a real Tango with this certain lascivious feeling to it. Not a proper well-behaved one à la Chan, Verner or Asada. Make it hot, erotic, provocative. Something people will talk about.

jyshin

On the Ice
Yuna might do a great Carmen... What can be better if she wants something strong and popular?

Virtue/Moir... La Valse (Ravel), Straussian waltz gradually turned into a wildly malfunctioning merry-go-round. I think their new innovative style would be perfect to portray the surreal quality of the story, yet I hope the classical style of the waltz would bring back their charm.

Last edited:

evangeline

Record Breaker
But please let it be a real Tango with this certain lascivious feeling to it. Not a proper well-behaved one à la Chan, Verner or Asada. Make it hot, erotic, provocative. Something people will talk about.

Now THAT would be something to sit up for. But the problem is, who would be able to pull a hot, erotic, and provocative tango without looking absolutely ridiculous? Probably Katarina Witt, but we don't have any Katarinas (male or female) lurking around right now...