Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ideas of Themes for all skaters

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    I like the Henery the Eight and Anne Bolyen idea for Meryl and Charlie, i remember we threw that around last off-season. The Red Violin would also be great for them.

as for Virtue and Moir I would love to see them keep this year's freedance, but other options would be Tristan and Isolde...something about Tessa makes me think of that story.

I think that Evan should skate to Great Gig in the Sky... as long as they don't call the screaming/moaning "vocals." Otherwise Conquest of Paradise.

Johnny really needs to break out the mold and skate to something more well known and identifiable. I would really like to see him play a character... he could do it.

My best idea would be for skaters to do two three minute routines of different tempos to be chosen by an official from a country not involved in the competition,, and the skaters should be as free as a Swan or a Toreador.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I can't see any of the male ice dancers as Henry the 8th.

It's the Olympics. It will be boring dances almost for sure, so I'm going to make some insane suggestions for the fun of it.

I'd love to see a Paul Simon program for DelSchoes, including Late In The Evening.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUvQl2OZBD8
    and Still Crazy After All These Years
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46bkXgxb66E

I'd like to see Davis and White do Zydeco for the OD (if it's a folk OD), but no ideas for the FD.

I'd love to see the Kerrs or Pechalat and Bourzat do a reggae program to Bob Marley =maybe
    Africa Unite
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnqGy...eature=related
    Stir It Up
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6U-T...eature=related
    Could You Be Loved
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQlOLARxC_A

I'd like to see Faiella & Scali do Wyclef Jean
    Fast Car
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChUzh...om=PL&index=22

Hips Don't Lie (maybe the version in Spanish with Shakira?)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztUTg...eature=related

I'd like to see Samuelson & Bates do a ballet themed program. They have lovely balletic posture and extension-they should use it in a ballet program.
    Maybe Giselle?

I'd love to see K&N do Pirates of the Caribbean-they would swash & buckle superlatively

I'd like to see Domnina and Shabalin do something or other from Mussorgsky's Pictures in an Exhibition.

I like the V&M Dracula idea.

Quote Originally Posted by rosee View Post

Brian Joubert:

I think he'll be perrfect as Don Juan. Seriously, he has that seductor look and he'll also be great at portraying the other side of DJ: the one seeking for Liberty and refusing to follow the rules.
    Tha character would definitely suite him, though one would have to find good music. I'd say Pirate's of the Carribean, although mentally he has trouble with "epic" themes. Maybe something by Era.

Yu Na Kim

The Snowman. Only she has the grace and fragility to skate to it.

Delobel & Schoenfelder:

Amelie. They have the maturity and "intellectuality" to skate to it.

Mao Asada:

Kitaro music or "Guitarra Latina" by Edvin Marton.

Carolina Kostner:

Adagio by Albioni

Daisuke Takahashi:

Music from the "Sadisfaction" albun be Gregorian

Davis & White:

Für Elise by Mozart or Pride & Prejudice.

Florent Amiodo:

Anything by Michael Jackson

Loving pairs, dance and figure skating mycelticblessing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lmarie086 View Post
    I think Emily Samuelson would be great for using music from Anne of Green Gables, but I can't picture Evan as Gilbert. But she said somewhere that she really likes Pride & Prejudice, and I love the music in that movie. It would be nice for them to have good music in their FD.

It would be cool to see Tessa and Scott do a vampire story. That would be so different from anything they've ever done.

I love your Anne of Green Gables idea.

But I would have Tessa and Scott as Anne and Gibert instead! Probably because I'm such a fan of their Tenessee Waltz program.

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I can't see any of the male ice dancers as Henry the 8th.
    I think Scott moir has a little something...maybe in like ten years he'll be a good Henri VIII.

I'm convinced K&N have already skated to Pirates of the Caribbean...it's not on youtube anymore but I have a video somewhere in my computer from Skate Canada.
    Edit: http://eastonice.free.fr/khokhlova-novitski/eonice.html They skated to PotC during the 2004-2005.
    Last edited by rosee; 03-18-2009 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NatachaHatawa View Post
    entire post
    I love all of your suggestions! DelSchoes could do beautifully with Amelie! And I'd love to see Davis/White skate to Mozart, he's one of my all time favorite composers and I really think he should be used more in skating (Fur Elise is by Beethoven though). And I'd love for Carolina to use Adagio-the last program of hers I really, really enjoyed was her Canon in D Minor SP. I think Adagio would work really well for her.

Oh, I'd still really like to see D/W do a yin-yang FD someday.
    Last edited by lmarie086; 03-18-2009 at 05:17 PM.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    I love Adagio, but I feel that Carolina is not the one to skate to it. That music has such beautiful repressed passion and then it builds to a beautiful ending...i can't see her skating with that kind of emotion. I think carolina is doing very well with the tango this year, I would like her to do a Tango freeskate next year and the Matrix for the SP. Not many women could pull of the matrix, but I think she could.

Proud Sarah Hughes Fan
    I would really like to see Ashley skate to Rhapsody on a theme of Paganini and Mirai skate to Swan Lake next season.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    I love Adagio, but I feel that Carolina is not the one to skate to it. That music has such beautiful repressed passion and then it builds to a beautiful ending...i can't see her skating with that kind of emotion. I think carolina is doing very well with the tango this year, I would like her to do a Tango freeskate next year and the Matrix for the SP. Not many women could pull of the matrix, but I think she could.
    The idea of matrix for Carolina is very interesting.
    below are my ideas.

Carolina
    In the middle somewhat elevated
    try another Swan Lake
    Vivaldi's Four Seasons or Canon again

Miki
    I think she can Bolero
    Fire bird, Scheherazade or Carmen again

Mirai
    Paquita or Don qui xote

Johnny
    Spectre de la Rose
    Le Corsaire

(Fur Elise is by Beethoven though).
    Dumb mistake!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    You've just made me have a lightbulb moment for something totally different for Sasha to skate to - Matrix. Enough with the Joubert portrayal of Neo let's have Sasha kick some *** portraying Trinity! I think that would be great - the Rob Dougan track that's most famous would be great - and imagine the costume

Ant

Quote Originally Posted by NatachaHatawa View Post
    T

Carolina Kostner:

Adagio by Albioni
    She actually did during an italian tv show (there was a *very* small ice rink on the stage). Unfortunately the video is not available on you tube, but I just reposted it on fsvids.
    Anyway, it was not a classical version of it, it was more kind of melodic rock.

On the Ice
    I think Emily Samuelson would be great for using music from Anne of Green Gables, but I can't picture Evan as Gilbert. But she said somewhere that she really likes Pride & Prejudice, and I love the music in that movie. It would be nice for them to have good music in their FD.
    I love the Pride and Prejudice music as well and have been hoping someone would use it. It would suit Samuleson and Bates very well!

Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    You've just made me have a lightbulb moment for something totally different for Sasha to skate to - Matrix. Enough with the Joubert portrayal of Neo let's have Sasha kick some *** portraying Trinity! I think that would be great - the Rob Dougan track that's most famous would be great - and imagine the costume

Ant
    First off...Down boy!!

Second, I think this is a great idea. It would pull Sasha out of her comfort zone and I think she would pull it off like nothing else too.

The more I think of it, the more I like it!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast