Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Ideas of Themes for all skaters

Custom Title
    I just by chance listended Smetanas "Moldau" yesterday and it came to my mind that it would be nice seeing Carolina skate to it. (Did anybody ever use it?)

Watched Braveheart for the first time in a few years yesterday and the music is fantastic. Not sure who would skate to it, but it would make a great program for someone out there.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Fusar Poli & Margaglio famously skated to Braveheart.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Kerrs skate to Braveheart in the Olympics. It's a decent theme for a sister/brother team from Scotland. And John already has the kilt.

Custom Title
    As great as the "Braveheart" music is, I suspect one of the reasons why more skaters haven't used it is because I don't think anyone could top Philippe Candeloro's epic "Braveheart" program in 1999/2000...complete with kilt and numerous props!

Custom Title
    After watching the Worlds gala, I think that Mao should definitely skate to a tango next season! Maybe it was just because there wasn't any pressure, but she skated with more joy and energy than I have ever seen her skate with previously. If Brian Joubert picks more techno music for his programs next year, I'm going to have to tear my hair out. He proved he can skate to softer, more lyrical music but just chooses not to.

I was thinking since the OD is folk/country next year and the Olympics are in Canada, V/M could choose some Canadian folk music? On the other hand, I would a Spanish folk dance as well. I love it when they skate with a Spanish theme!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by viv View Post
    I just by chance listended Smetanas "Moldau" yesterday and it came to my mind that it would be nice seeing Carolina skate to it. (Did anybody ever use it?)
    You know, I think that is a gorgeous piece of music, and I could picture so many skaters doing it justice. I would be delighted if Carolina gave it a try.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    I am a little sick of the Tango theme for men aftert this worlds, but I would like to see Johnny try one next year. Maybe for the SP. all his recent music/programs sound/looks so similar I think it would be an interetsing departure for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    I am a little sick of the Tango theme for men aftert this worlds, but I would like to see Johnny try one next year. Maybe for the SP. all his recent music/programs sound/looks so similar I think it would be an interetsing departure for him.
    But please let it be a real Tango with this certain lascivious feeling to it. Not a proper well-behaved one à la Chan, Verner or Asada. Make it hot, erotic, provocative. Something people will talk about.

Custom Title
    Yuna might do a great Carmen... What can be better if she wants something strong and popular?

Virtue/Moir... La Valse (Ravel), Straussian waltz gradually turned into a wildly malfunctioning merry-go-round. I think their new innovative style would be perfect to portray the surreal quality of the story, yet I hope the classical style of the waltz would bring back their charm.
    Last edited by jyshin; 03-31-2009 at 03:36 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    But please let it be a real Tango with this certain lascivious feeling to it. Not a proper well-behaved one à la Chan, Verner or Asada. Make it hot, erotic, provocative. Something people will talk about.
    Now THAT would be something to sit up for. But the problem is, who would be able to pull a hot, erotic, and provocative tango without looking absolutely ridiculous? Probably Katarina Witt, but we don't have any Katarinas (male or female) lurking around right now...

Throwing tomatoes at corrupt judges Audrey19's Avatar
    Amelie sounds great for Delobel & Schoenfelder, and I also thought about the music from "Love in the times of cholera", partly with vocals from Shakira. I would love that!

For Carolina, Adagio by Albinoni sounds good for the short. For the free: Moonlight sonata. That would suit her perfectly. She is gorgeous when she uses lyrical music, especially on the piano, like Solamente per Carolina, Pachebel canon or her exhibition at euros. To me, it's so obvious I wonder why she hasn't done it before...

For Aljona & Robin - Titanic. They have done it before as an exhibition, but it would be awesome to see them interprete the delicate, melancholy parts. I'd love it!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3