Vaughn Chipeur | Golden Skate

Vaughn Chipeur

antmanb

Record Breaker
In the article on the front page it mentions a few times that "because of the way he jumps", he needs a chiropracter, gets through baldes and boots quickly etc.

I haven't seen him skate and can't access youtube at work. What's so different about the way he jumps?

Ant

skatingbc

Final Flight
In the article on the front page it mentions a few times that "because of the way he jumps", he needs a chiropracter, gets through baldes and boots quickly etc.

I haven't seen him skate and can't access youtube at work. What's so different about the way he jumps?

Ant

Maybe because he jumps so high and puts a lot of pressure on his lower back and legs. I'm not sure what the exact reason would be but his jumps are huge and explosive and he lands quite low often with a bend at the waist. To be honest though, I don't think it's uncommon for elite skaters to routinely need a chiropractor/physio. I watched a documentary once about ladies skaters in the states and they went through 2-3 pairs of skates each year, and they weren't at the senior level. It might not just be Vaughn himself, but skaters in general who have problems like this.

Winnipeg

Final Flight
maybe because he gets a lot of height on his triple axel? He is not 'tiny' as skaters go so maybe the force of his landings cause the skates/blades to wear faster? Just a guess though.

He skates like a Construction Worker would if a construction worker could skate. Very 'butch' and easy going. It's all natural and hope his coaches do not change that.

enlight78

Medalist
I would say he skates more like a toy soldier. straight and stiff. I think it looks more unatural than anything. He jumps realy high but has a very low stiff landing. He doesn't ride or bend out of it which would relieve some of the pressure.It all seems to come down at once.

no toepicks

Spectator
big jumps, not so efficient

vaughn is a great jumper, just not very efficient. his airtime is in the high .6's low .7's which is high, the issue is he is slow to get in. if he were more efficient he would do his jumps much easier and he would be in a class of his own. Scott I am sure is working on his knee/ankle bend and I know Vaughn is aware of his weakness. It will come around and when it does, quads will be no problem. Hopefully, he will work through it and will be a great top world competitor.

ks777

Record Breaker
He skates like a Construction Worker would if a construction worker could skate. Very 'butch' and easy going. It's all natural and hope his coaches do not change that.

so he is the male version of Yoshie Onda then?