Practice Reports-3/22 and earlier | Golden Skate

Practice Reports-3/22 and earlier

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
First official practices are tomorrow. If anybody attends, this is the place for reports!

lmarie086

Medalist
Any reports? Thank you to anyone who can take the time to do this, it's greatly appreciated. :)

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
This is not a report but a tidbit about Michelle. She was spotted by two different volunteers today at the Ladies practices who reported back to MKF. She and Scott were in a press box right down near the ice. She watched all of the Ladies' practices and was taking notes while Scott was walking around and talking to everyone. lol

Unfortunately no reports on the actual practices sigh.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
This is not a report but a tidbit about Michelle. She was spotted by two different volunteers today at the Ladies practices who reported back to MKF. She and Scott were in a press box right down near the ice. She watched all of the Ladies' practices and was taking notes while Scott was walking around and talking to everyone. lol

Unfortunately no reports on the actual practices sigh.

Wow. nice. I wish I was there...wandering around a rink with the best skaters in the world throwing off triples and Michlelle looking on. I can't wait to see her on TV.

Ms.Anthrope

On the Ice
Others will probably add more practice reports but here is what little I have.

Dance
Missed most but just walked in to see Ben Agosto take a tumble. Otherwise looked good if not a little tentative. I don't know enough about dance to do any informative review here.

Pairs
Missed most as well except for S&S who looked pretty solid.

Men
Jeremy Abbott was a no show in AM practice.
Evan had a nice run through & Mroz looked focused.
Joubert looked good in general but seemed to have a little bit of jump issues here & there but nothing major. Joubert has a lot of presence on the ice and his jumps look huge & effortless in person.
Missed Team Japan but somehow sat with the entire team while they watched Joubert.

Ladies
Asada was a no show.
Ando looked wonderful and her posture & stroking, which look so labored on TV, didn't look bad in person. Didn't do a whole of jumps but they were big & nicely landed when she did attempt them.
Suguri - Didn't pay much attention to her but looked good.
Flatt - I don't know why she looks so washed out on TV because she's much prettier in person.
Czisny was a no show.
YuNa - nice practice & looks very relaxed. Landed a few 3L-3T & 3R. A few popped jumps which she didn't look concerned about. Landed all jumps during he SP run through but took a nasty full on her step sequence but laughed it off.
Canadian ladies & Kostner - missed them. Sorry.

Last edited:

PROKOFIEV

On the Ice
Ms. Anthrope, thank you very much for your report!!!! I could not wait to hear what was going on. I know seeing skaters in person is much different from seeing them on TV. You can see their lightness, deep edges, speeds, musicality much differently there. You can see what judges see. I do not think we can see real quality of skaters much on TV. By the way, have you seen Rachael at all? I wonder how she is doing. Alissa did not show up either..... Maybe tomorrow.
Again, thank you very much for your taking time to let us know what is going on.
Have a good evening!!!

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Thank you so much Ms. Anthrope!!

I am not surprised Evan was not there...his home rink is only 25 min away, so he is probably staying out of the limelight.

PROKOFIEV

On the Ice
OOOOOOPS. I am sorry you did write about Rachael. Something must be wrong with my eyes!!!! Yes. I know Rachael is really lovely on the ice much better in person than on TV. It is funny there are skaters who look much better on TV than in person,too. (I am talking about skating quality). I am glad to know she is doing well. I wish the best for Alissa tomorrow!!!!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thank you so much Ms. Anthrope!!

I am not surprised Evan was not there...his home rink is only 25 min away, so he is probably staying out of the limelight.

Evan was at practice. Did you mean Jeremy?

Thanks for the report.

Ms.Anthrope

On the Ice
OOOOOOPS. I am sorry you did write about Rachael. Something must be wrong with my eyes!!!! Yes. I know Rachael is really lovely on the ice much better in person than on TV. It is funny there are skaters who look much better on TV than in person,too. (I am talking about skating quality). I am glad to know she is doing well. I wish the best for Alissa tomorrow!!!!

You're not dreaming. I edited my post because I left out her name.:)

Wrlmy

Medalist
Thank you so much Ms. Anthrope! So happy to hear Evan and Yuna are looking good. I'm dissappointed Alissa was a no show, but it worked out well at Nats, so I'm hopeful!

Penny

On the Ice
More on practices

LADIES:
Miki looked great. Her jumps are so big and she is so slender and pretty in real life. Both Miki and Fumie worked hard in their afternoon session, unlike so many others.

Rachael indeed looks much prettier in real life--beautiful hair and skin. Her jumps were good (but then, I don't have slo-mo eyes). She needs to work on spins and spiral.

Canadians did not show

Yuna Kim fell not once but twice during steps, but laughed it off.

Carolina Kosner--first time seeing her live--her speed is spectacular, amazing footwork.

DANCE

last two groups Sunday evening: Russians, French, and US--what a treat. But Davis and White were a no show.