New Michelle Kwan Article | Page 2 | Golden Skate

New Michelle Kwan Article

I'm sorry, where was this recent competition where Michelle completed 5 triples? What's that? Oh, Michelle only said she has her triples back.

If you want to know what Michelle actually said, you can download the clip here and judge for yourself.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fu9brq

Michelle says that she has been training off-ice and also doing some on-ice training, which she is taking very seriously. About triple jumps, she says, "I have got my triples out."

She says that as of now she is training to "get into shape," and will not make any decision about returning to skating until later.

What I interpret this to mean is that she has taken her triples out of the clothes closet, dusted them off, and is now trying them on to see if they still fit or not.

It's a bit like how Queen Elizabeth I's portrait painters always painted their subject as 16ish and young, no matter how old and haggard she grew in real life.

Actually, I think there were a couple of portrait painters who did depict the Queen as old and decrepid. Sadly, their work has not survived, but their severed heads can be found buried under the floor at Westminster Abby. :)

Just a warning to anyone who bad-mouths The Kween! :)

Last edited:

kittyjake5

On the Ice
Actually, I think there were a couple of portrait painters who did depict the Queen as old and decrepid. Sadly, their work has not survived, but their severed heads can be found buried under the floor at Westminster Abby. :)

Just a warning to anyone who bad-mouths The Kween! :)

MM you are too funny. :agree:

TripletA

Rinkside
I'm sorry, where was this recent competition where Michelle completed 5 triples? What's that? Oh, Michelle only said she has her triples back.

Well, that's all the proof I need. Heck, they should just give her the gold medal, if she says her skating is at that level.

Okay, there wasn't a competition. Fine. So where was the video footage of Michelle at the rink completing 5 triples? There isn't any?

I'm sure Meissner, etc. can occasionally complete each of the 5 triples if she keeps trying in a pressure-free practice rink. That doesn't mean she can do all 5 consistently in a single program. At a competition.

But hey, if Michelle says she can do all this, that's just peachy. It means she can forever keep up the illusion for her worshippers that she could just sweep in and get a gold any old time she wants, and never actually prove anything on the ice.

It's a bit like how Queen Elizabeth I's portrait painters always painted their subject as 16ish and young, no matter how old and haggard she grew in real life.

I never said she competed 5 triples I said it was laughable that you think she cannot ever compete that amount. If she was doing tours, shows or fluff competitions she would be doing at least 3 or 4. 5 is not a jump.

Kwan haters will always doubt her. Some Kwan fans think she can do no wrong. People that like Michelle because she is a great skater and an even classier person such as myself have learned NEVER to count her out. Just when you think she is done she shuts you up.

asparaguss

Rinkside
If she was doing tours, shows or fluff competitions she would be doing at least 3 or 4.

Oh, would she, now? Well, that's assuming she could even do one.

Maybe she can, and maybe she can't, but we only have her word on that. I think it's fair for skating fans to say, "I'll believe it when I see it."

This perpetual idea that Michelle could just come back any time she wants and be oh-so-amazing, I find that a bit of a stretch, to say the least. But it's easy to keep up that myth if you keep alluding to a comeback, but never actually do anything on the ice anymore.

Last edited:

TripletA

Rinkside

Maybe she can, and maybe she can't, but we only have her word on that. I think it's fair for skating fans to say, "I'll believe it when I see it."

This perpetual idea that Michelle could just come back any time she wants and be oh-so-amazing, I find that a bit of a stretch, to say the least. But it's easy to keep up that myth if you keep alluding to a comeback, but never actually do anything on the ice anymore.

What did Michelle ever do to you.lol You have a serious hatred towards someone you don't even know.

Michelle said she has her triples back so she is obviously been on the ice.

Michelle also did not come out and say anything. She was asked and answered the questions. You act like she held a press conference.

This is the last I am going to say on this matter with you. Only thing worse then Kwaniacs is the anti Kwan crowd.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker

1. Do you follow her every waking movement to know what she is doing on the ice

2. Did she ever claim to be " oh so amazing ":scratch: I don't think so.

3. I think you secretly have Michelle Kwan envy:yes:

antmanb

Record Breaker

There's a actually a blog that a chinese skater at the family Kwan rink wrote where she confirmed that Kwan had been landing triples on a session (from memoey toe and sal and flip but don't quote me on that!) and plenty of double axels.

Since one of Kwan's strongest triples was the Lutz (she had two in every LP and one in every exhibition) I would expect that to come back pretty quickly if she was working on it. I seriously doubt that the loop would make a re-appearence given her surgery.
Ant

Johar

Medalist
What was it Kwan said our skaters needed to do in order to be better? I know one of them was to be "consistent."