Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

Thread: Mens SP

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    I love your signature Eevun. It's so weird how 4 of last year's top 5 finishers at Worlds in the Men's field are not at the competition this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    I love your signature Eevun. It's so weird how 4 of last year's top 5 finishers at Worlds in the Men's field are not at the competition this year.
    Thank you
    You're right! I've never thought of it that way! Looking at last years results, minus these 4 gentlemen, give us:
    1. Brian Joubert
    2. Kevin ven der Perren
    3. Sergei Voronov
    omg

Yeah! Lets get this party started. enlight78's Avatar
    I had a weird experience last night. After Samuel,Denis ten, and Vaughn skated my excitement was at eleven. It drop after Oda, Abbot, and Ponsero made mistakes. I just knew we were gonna have about 10 guys get 78+. By the time Chan started to skate my excitement fell to three or a four. Still the top 24 men were great.

Custom Title
    Jeremy better get angry and busy.
    Good for Brandon. Nice debut. Who knows, maybe he'll be the one to help assure a 3rd spot for the US next season.
    French on the bubble for 3

Quote Originally Posted by lcd View Post
    Good for Brandon. Nice debut. Who knows, maybe he'll be the one to help assure a 3rd spot for the US next season.
    I really think so! If he just improves his pcs a little, he'll be great! I love him already!

Custom Title
    Having just now seen the SP of the top few men, If I were placing them, I would actually have it
    1. Lysacek
    2. Kozuka
    3. Chan
    4. Joubert
    5. Verner

I'd have the top 3 very close. Lysacek just had such a confident energy that the others didn't and his jumps were amazing. I'd have him about a point ahead of Kozuka and chan. Kozuka and Chan were great as well. Patrick was very tight and you could tell he was thinking through it. Kozuka was much more free, but I did notice that in his solo jump out of footwork he has a bit of a break between his steps and jump. Chan's 3A was better than him, but Kozuka's other jumps just seemed more flowy and natural. I probably would have had about half a point between them.

I would have a couple (about 2 points) between Chan and Joubert, and then have Joubert and Verner within a point or 2 of each other.

This is just my scoring however. In a panel of judges my scores would probably be thrown out. But that's how I saw the skaters.

I love that it's so close though for the long - anyone's game! I hope they all kick ***.

Custom Title
    I must join those who find it absurd that Joubert is in first following the short. Lysacek and Chan were both much better. And if anyone was going to get benefit of the quad marks it should have been Verner, who actually did a quad. It was quite plain in the replays that both Joubert's quad and the triple tacked onto it were severely underrotated. Why did the judges pick now to suddenly go blind? And all the finger pointing was cheesy in the extreme.

I could see a case for either Chan or Lysacek in first. Lysacek looked so much better here than he has all season it was amazing. And Chan was just smooth as butter. I was surprised to hear the audience actually boo after Chan's marks came up. Evidently they agreed he deserved better.

Custom Title
    I watched and re-watched the top three SP finishers' programs. To my own surprise that I actually think that Joubert was rightfully placed on the top. The only people should be switched around in places are Lysacek and Chan. Chan should be second and Lysacek should be third.

I like Joubert's SP. His presentation was very well done. (I could careless the openning movements). I think he deserves the highest PCS scores of all three. Yes, I roll my eyes on this idea myself too. But I really think so.
    Last edited by jennylovskt; 03-30-2009 at 10:14 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunstrijdster View Post
    Count me towards the Tomas loving group ...
    You can count me in there too.

Post move to LP.
    Last edited by Joesitz; 03-31-2009 at 08:26 AM.

Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65