Mens SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Mens SP

Dipyramidal

On the Ice
I will be right there with you

Me. Seriously, I am Canadian, but I really don't like Chan after what he said to Joubert. I really hope he understands that he is oftenly overscored>_>. Chan- under 80 pls lolz.

popped axel
3f-3t clean
fall on triple lutzzz.

jettasian

Match Penalty
Maybe, but you have to admit he was quite over marked at 4CC...

Not at all.

People should compare scores from the same competition and that's how the judges score the skaters. But to say that the judges are bias over Chan is totally baseless and ridiculous. So if Chan gets high score tomorrow, it's not because he's good, because he's over scored again. Either way, Chan's in a lose lose situation.

If people don't like someone, regardless how you try to explain it, they would not change, so it's really pointless.

casken

On the Ice
Yeah, those damn judges rewarding rewarding complete skaters with superior spins, footwork, skating skills and choreography and not purposely lowering scores so less capable skaters can compete. :laugh:

A clean Oda will score well above 81 anyway, so whatever.

Eevun

Final Flight
People should compare scores from the same competition and that's how the judges score the skaters.

But wasn't that the point with the new system; that you got to compare more than to just a singe competition?

Medusa

Record Breaker
Yeah, those damn judges rewarding rewarding complete skaters with superior spins, footwork, skating skills and choreography and not purposely lowering scores so less capable skaters can compete. :laugh:

A clean Oda will score well above 81 anyway, so whatever.

Yeah, but a very clean Oda and Kozuka still scored lower than 84 points (as did Buttle for that matter), and Oda being the first of the big guns to skate, I think it's quite possible that he won't score more than 81, especially since he got only 83 with a clean performance in Japan. Chan got 89 points with a very clean program. Imagine Kozuka landing a clean Quad in the LP, that feat wouldn't mean anything if Chan got already those 5 points more in the SP.

jettasian

Match Penalty
But wasn't that the point with the new system; that you got to compare more than to just a singe competition?

When the judges give the score, they only look at the same competition. It doesn't make sense for them to look at previous competition.

The judges will compare who skates the best at World, they don't look at 4CC or others.

But for people to look at the World's score, and 4CC scores and other scores, it will not make sense to them. And that doesn't mean so and so is over marked or under marked. If you compare all the competition's marks, it will make you go crazy cause they won't make sense.

Yeah, but a very clean Oda and Kozuka still scored lower than 84 points (as did Buttle for that matter). Chan got 89 points with a very clean program. Imagine Kozuka landing a clean Quad in the LP, that feat wouldn't mean anything if Chan got already those 5 points more in the SP.

Well, did you take into consideration that Kozuka's head was always down, looking at his feet when he skates? If you want to compare Chan to last year's so and so, why don't you take another skater from this year's score and compare to so and so from last year. Go try and see if the marks make sense.

Anyway, arguing the 4cc mark is a lost cause.

But as you already know that Chan will be over-marked regardless...so what's the point for making argument, right?

Last edited by a moderator:

lcd

Match Penalty
I think a good draw for Jeremy, so skate right after the warm up. No time to 'get nervous' Warm up and GO!

jennylovskt

Medalist
I think a good draw for Jeremy, so skate right after the warm up. No time to 'get nervous' Warm up and GO!

Only good if you had a good warm up though.

I think Joubert is in a good position in the start order even though he and Lysacek are not in the last group. The judges have to give a considerable amount of cushion for these two. It's unlikely to place Abbott and alike above them unless they are really good at it that night. Regarding Chan, I don't know. I agree that his marks were a bit inflated. If judges keep giving inflated marks to him, it's like to encurage skaters not to skate quad jumps. If that were the inttention of the judges, men's figure skating would be doomed.

Last edited:

PROKOFIEV

On the Ice
I like Chan's skating very much, but I think Kozuka's basic skating skills is much more refined than Chan's. He seems to have such a soft knee and strong but quiet stroking with deep edges. However, I have not seen them in person to really evaluate, though,

jettasian

Match Penalty
Only good if you had a good warm up though.

I think Joubert is in a good position in the start order even though he and Lysacek are not in the last group. The judges have to give a considerable amount of cushion for these two. It's unlikely to place Abbott and alike above them unless they are really good at it that night. Regarding Chan, I don't know. I agree that his marks were a bit inflated. If judges keep giving inflated marks to him, it's like to encurage skaters not to skate quad jumps. If that were the inttention of the judges, men's figure skating would be doomed.

So why do the international judges wanted to inflate mark to Chan alone? Why?

So basically, he can't lead cause that'd contribute inflated marks from the judges? I think people who think that is really insulting, esp to Chan and his skate. It almost sounds like he didn't earn it, he was given the win from the judges.

jettasian

Match Penalty
I like Chan's skating very much, but I think Kozuka's basic skating skills is much more refined than Chan's. He seems to have such a soft knee and strong but quiet stroking with deep edges. However, I have not seen them in person to really evaluate, though,

According to people who have seen it live, they said Chan skated very freely meanwhile Kozuka was very cautious, always looking at his skates, instead of looking up to the audiences. That might be the reason why his mark was low in 4CC. But nonetheless, Chan and Canada bribed the judges and they all gave in and let Chan win. :cool:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
well, at least it's not just ice dance and the ladies that have the fans in heated discussion. the men are moving up in the world :sheesh:

Wrlmy

Medalist
According to people who have seen it live, they said Chan skated very freely meanwhile Kozuka was very cautious, always looking at his skates, instead of looking up to the audiences. That might be the reason why his mark was low in 4CC. But nonetheless, Chan and Canada bribed the judges and they all gave in and let Chan win. :cool:

Although that has nothing to do with his skating skill, which is just excellent, I agree that is one thing missing from his performance. Watching Kozuka and Oda this season really made me miss Daisuke like crazy. When he's back healthy, Patrick better get a quad ready.

shine

Record Breaker
Well, did you take into consideration that Kozuka's head was always down, looking at his feet when he skates?
No, because he doesn't.
Anyway, arguing the 4cc mark is a lost cause.
Sure, because the competition is over. But it doesn't mean fans cannot debate about the placing at the competition if they want to.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Joubert is in a good position in the start order even though he and Lysacek are not in the last group. The judges have to give a considerable amount of cushion for these two. It's unlikely to place Abbott and alike above them unless they are really good at it that night.

And what makes you so certain of this? Lysacek hasn't attempted a quad jump in the SP all season long. Abbott beat him by 3 points at the Nationals when both attempted a 3+3 combination. Is it written in stone that Evan will attempt a quad in the SP let alone land it cleanly if attempted? He has only done 1 clean quad all season long and that was in the LP at 4CC, and even then he finished behind a quad-less Chan. Plus, how do you know Evan won't screw up the 3Axel?, a very shaky jump for him that has a nasty tendency of getting downgraded in international competitions. As for Joubert, he is known to struggle with the 3Lutz many times, particularly at Worlds, as he has faltered on that particular element in his last 2 Worlds SP performances. All of these guys have to skate well . . . I'm not sure what makes you think these 2 have some "considerable cushion" over everyone else. :confused:

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I agree, it seems Evan is going to have to work to stay in the game. no more comfy cushion for him... he's fallen from grace in less than a year :no:

jettasian

Match Penalty
No, because he doesn't.

Sure, because the competition is over. But it doesn't mean fans cannot debate about the placing at the competition if they want to.

Well, other people saw it live said he did. I can't say cause I didn't see it live. If you said he didn't, well, then he didn't....those people must have lied.

Debate? What debate? Some people have already concluded that Chan will be over-marked at World. That kinda of baseless speculation shows the judges were not bias in fave of Chan. It shows some people are bias toward Chan.

psycho

On the Ice
Some people have already concluded that Chan will be over-marked at World. That kinda of baseless speculation shows the judges were not bias in fave of Chan. It shows some people are bias toward Chan.
Baseless speculation?! Let's look at what happened in the past season. So far, Chan completely robbed the following people:

Ryan Bradley at SC

Kozuka at TEB

Lysacek at 4CC

Hmmmmm, I wonder why we are worried he will rob again?!