Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 970

Thread: Mens SP

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    552
    Quote Originally Posted by jennylovskt View Post
    Only good if you had a good warm up though.

    I think Joubert is in a good position in the start order even though he and Lysacek are not in the last group. The judges have to give a considerable amount of cushion for these two. It's unlikely to place Abbott and alike above them unless they are really good at it that night. Regarding Chan, I don't know. I agree that his marks were a bit inflated. If judges keep giving inflated marks to him, it's like to encurage skaters not to skate quad jumps. If that were the inttention of the judges, men's figure skating would be doomed.
    So why do the international judges wanted to inflate mark to Chan alone? Why?

    So basically, he can't lead cause that'd contribute inflated marks from the judges? I think people who think that is really insulting, esp to Chan and his skate. It almost sounds like he didn't earn it, he was given the win from the judges.

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    552
    Quote Originally Posted by PROKOFIEV View Post
    I like Chan's skating very much, but I think Kozuka's basic skating skills is much more refined than Chan's. He seems to have such a soft knee and strong but quiet stroking with deep edges. However, I have not seen them in person to really evaluate, though,
    According to people who have seen it live, they said Chan skated very freely meanwhile Kozuka was very cautious, always looking at his skates, instead of looking up to the audiences. That might be the reason why his mark was low in 4CC. But nonetheless, Chan and Canada bribed the judges and they all gave in and let Chan win.

  3. #33
    I like pie. Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,720
    well, at least it's not just ice dance and the ladies that have the fans in heated discussion. the men are moving up in the world :sheesh:

  4. #34
    Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,554
    Quote Originally Posted by HCOSurfer View Post
    I swear if Chan scores almost 10 points above a clean Abbott or Kozuka, I'll probably scream and not in a good way.
    Amen. And yes, think positive

  5. #35
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,713
    Quote Originally Posted by jettasian View Post
    According to people who have seen it live, they said Chan skated very freely meanwhile Kozuka was very cautious, always looking at his skates, instead of looking up to the audiences. That might be the reason why his mark was low in 4CC. But nonetheless, Chan and Canada bribed the judges and they all gave in and let Chan win.
    Although that has nothing to do with his skating skill, which is just excellent, I agree that is one thing missing from his performance. Watching Kozuka and Oda this season really made me miss Daisuke like crazy. When he's back healthy, Patrick better get a quad ready.

  6. #36
    Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,554
    Quote Originally Posted by jettasian View Post

    Well, did you take into consideration that Kozuka's head was always down, looking at his feet when he skates?
    No, because he doesn't.
    Anyway, arguing the 4cc mark is a lost cause.
    Sure, because the competition is over. But it doesn't mean fans cannot debate about the placing at the competition if they want to.

  7. #37
    "Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Storybrooke, Maine
    Posts
    3,674
    Quote Originally Posted by jennylovskt View Post
    I think Joubert is in a good position in the start order even though he and Lysacek are not in the last group. The judges have to give a considerable amount of cushion for these two. It's unlikely to place Abbott and alike above them unless they are really good at it that night.
    And what makes you so certain of this? Lysacek hasn't attempted a quad jump in the SP all season long. Abbott beat him by 3 points at the Nationals when both attempted a 3+3 combination. Is it written in stone that Evan will attempt a quad in the SP let alone land it cleanly if attempted? He has only done 1 clean quad all season long and that was in the LP at 4CC, and even then he finished behind a quad-less Chan. Plus, how do you know Evan won't screw up the 3Axel?, a very shaky jump for him that has a nasty tendency of getting downgraded in international competitions. As for Joubert, he is known to struggle with the 3Lutz many times, particularly at Worlds, as he has faltered on that particular element in his last 2 Worlds SP performances. All of these guys have to skate well . . . I'm not sure what makes you think these 2 have some "considerable cushion" over everyone else.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 03-25-2009 at 12:05 AM.

  8. #38
    I like pie. Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,720
    I agree, it seems Evan is going to have to work to stay in the game. no more comfy cushion for him... he's fallen from grace in less than a year

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    552
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    No, because he doesn't.

    Sure, because the competition is over. But it doesn't mean fans cannot debate about the placing at the competition if they want to.
    Well, other people saw it live said he did. I can't say cause I didn't see it live. If you said he didn't, well, then he didn't....those people must have lied.

    Debate? What debate? Some people have already concluded that Chan will be over-marked at World. That kinda of baseless speculation shows the judges were not bias in fave of Chan. It shows some people are bias toward Chan.

  10. #40
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by jettasian View Post
    Some people have already concluded that Chan will be over-marked at World. That kinda of baseless speculation shows the judges were not bias in fave of Chan. It shows some people are bias toward Chan.
    Baseless speculation?! Let's look at what happened in the past season. So far, Chan completely robbed the following people:

    Ryan Bradley at SC

    Kozuka at TEB

    Lysacek at 4CC

    Hmmmmm, I wonder why we are worried he will rob again?!

  11. #41
    "Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Storybrooke, Maine
    Posts
    3,674
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho View Post
    Baseless speculation?! Let's look at what happened in the past season. So far, Chan completely robbed the following people:

    Ryan Bradley at SC

    Kozuka at TEB

    Lysacek at 4CC

    Hmmmmm, I wonder why we are worried he will rob again?!
    So bizarre! I had no idea Chan judged himself and all of the other skaters in each of those competitions. It's like Carolina Kostner 2008 Worlds revisited. :banging:
    Last edited by museksk8r; 03-25-2009 at 03:20 AM.

  12. #42
    Off the ice Buttercup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Left field
    Posts
    3,437
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    As for Joubert, he is known to struggle with the 3Lutz many times, particularly at Worlds, as he has faltered on that particular element in his last 2 Worlds SP performances.
    Not true, because there was no lutz in his 2007 SP. Joubert had a hand down on the flip. He later switched to a 3Lz in the SP, to get a higher base mark and because he had edge calls on the flip. Which is too bad, because it's probably his best jump.

    I am done debating Chan and his marks - unless the judges really piss me off - so I won't comment further.

  13. #43
    Edgy Details
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Cracow
    Posts
    796
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho View Post
    Baseless speculation?! Let's look at what happened in the past season. So far, Chan completely robbed the following people:

    Ryan Bradley at SC

    Kozuka at TEB

    Lysacek at 4CC

    Hmmmmm, I wonder why we are worried he will rob again?!
    Hmmmm, even if Chan was overscored at 4CC, he definitely deserved to win that one. Robbing Lysacek?? I dont think so...

  14. #44
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    338
    And him robbing Bradley

  15. #45
    Custom Title rosee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    369
    Guys...it hasn't started yet!

Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •