Mens SP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Mens SP

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank you, Alex! The PBP is greatly appreciated! I've been looking forward to this day all season long . . . the first and only international championship to receive somewhat reasonable tv coverage in the US. It's been an extremely long wait! Hope there is beautiful skating had by all! :rock:

Alex

On the Ice
36.91 and 2nd place for Huertas (wuzrobbed;))

Zoltan Kelemen (ROU)

blue-silver something and Amelie music

typical Amelie choreo in the beginning
2a nice
3z-3t wow
did Amelie had some beat in the background?:biggrin:
ouch.. bad fall in the solo jump
some spin that I missed
circle steps relatively easy
camel to sit to upright to change camel to sit to upright
flying sit spin to catch foot
straightline steps more interesting..

easily in 1st place till now (49.34)

Last edited:

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
Stayed up too late trying to catch all the pairs--luckily for me, they re-showed them this A.M., and I caught the last few flights. Now I am avoiding my responsibilities, watching streaming from the one place that has come through for me. ;) To avoid blockages to U.S. in future, I shall not publish who that turned out to be. Believe me, I tried everywhere yesterday lol. Combed the globe. Missed the entire CD. But here it is, my favorite discipline, men's singles, and I cannot believe that I am going to get to see it--well, most of it; I cannot avoid my responsibilities forever. lol I think I am overly excited. Certainly, I am tempted to turn off the phone....;

OK, I am no good at typing while watching, so my compliments to those who are, and who will graciously provide the PBP. I just missed the second skater lol.

Sorry, my mistake--missed the second and third skaters lol. I like this Lithuanian skater, though. Soft style, good ankles. I like his feet. Had to re-edit from carelessness--just cannot type and watch too.

Last edited:

Alex

On the Ice
young Saulius Ambrulevicius (LTU)

black uniform, spanish music

1st element is steps.. he tries to be in motive with the music
2a ok
nice skating
3s-2t really tight
camel to upright to change sit not so good-looking
only a 2t
another spin
straight line steps, a bit slow
sit change sit
finish off music

he has some quality in his skating, but he needs heavy work on his elements.

34.68 and last place..

10000 sorry, but I want to enjoy the rest without having to do play by play... cu later

Last edited:

herios

Medalist
:clap:
36.91 and 2nd place for Huertas (wuzrobbed;))

Zoltan Kelemen (ROU)

blue-silver something and Amelie music

typical Amelie choreo in the beginning
2a nice
3z-3t wow
did Amelie had some beat in the background?:biggrin:
ouch.. bad fall in the solo jump
some spin that I missed
circle steps relatively easy
camel to sit to upright to change camel to sit to upright
flying sit spin to catch foot
straightline steps more interesting..

easily in 1st place till now (49.34)

:clap::clap::clap:Jo VOLT ZOLI:clap::clap:

this was in Hungarian:)

I had to tune in to say Bravo, for my fellow countryman, who usually suck big, but today he did well, landing a clean 3 lutz 3 toe.

A rare opportunity for me , having Bold channel, to see my fellow romanian skaters (my former country)!!

Last edited:

sillylionlove

Medalist
After group 1 the standings are

1 Zoltan KELEMEN ROU
49.34 1
2 Damjan OSTOJIC BIH
47.27 2
3 Mikael REDIN SUI
42.29 3
4 Andrew HUERTAS PUR
36.91 4
5 Saulius AMBRULEVICIUS LTU
34.68 5

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
Second flight warming up. It's a thrill to see so many countries joining in this sport. Even many of the warmer countries are in it now. :)

ETA--I am not going to get anything done today, I can see that lol.

gocaroline

On the Ice
Not at all.

People should compare scores from the same competition and that's how the judges score the skaters. But to say that the judges are bias over Chan is totally baseless and ridiculous. So if Chan gets high score tomorrow, it's not because he's good, because he's over scored again. Either way, Chan's in a lose lose situation.

If people don't like someone, regardless how you try to explain it, they would not change, so it's really pointless.
:agree::agree::agree:

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
I am liking this Georgian skater--what low sitspins! Really, really low. I am a fan of sitspins that really go all the way down.

(There are so many reasons to like a skater, that I can can like many for one quality or another. For me, it is not about the points. It is about the skating.)

Beka Shankulashvili - Georgia 42.80 currently in third place

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I will be royally pissed if Oxygen chacks skaters in groups 6, 7, and 8 who skate well, such as Contesti, Lutai, Berntsson, Voronov, Chipeur, Fernandez, Macypura, and Schultheiss. If all we get are groups 9 & 10, I'll be a little bummed. Come on, Oxygen, make the most of those 2 hours of coverage. No fluff, more skaters, please!

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
Turkish skater skates crisply--specialty seems to be jumps, but without much outflow. Footwork is very neat, but his sitspin is too high, surprisingly.

Alper Ucar -Turkey

Turkish flag in audience, he goes to embrace. I am glad that patrons are allowed to show flags, to encourage their skaters. Used to be a rule against draping banners on the boards, but these days, people are holding their flags and standing to display them. It works!

He is in red bolero type jacket and black pants, ruffled white shirt-neck effect.

45.57 into third

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
Philippines skater now. I never spell that right lol. shades of blue, diagonally mottled on top, with zaggy stripes.

Sitspin as high as a mountain :(

I cannot help it, I *care* about sitspins. He looks tired already, doing footwork

He is on the heavy side for singles skating. Not much of a jumper.

But I think it is nice that the Philippines has sent a skater to Worlds.

I need to give up on capitalizing words lol for speed's sake

Dipyramidal

On the Ice
Michael Dimalanta 27.53. 8th. I think he comes Phillipnies. Glad to see more and more countries come to the world championships :)

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
Hungarian now--ooooo fancy. I like. has style AND jumps. all right!
this is no beginner. nice jazzy music, white shirt, black pants with suspenders. fun to watch! moves very stylishly--uses hands well to counterpoint his feet. Not dull at all. moves like a dancer. i am liking this.i would classify him as primarily an artistic skater, and a good one, at that. i think he may have finished a little late on his music.

Tigran Vardanjan --elegant! Hungary 53.15 into first place! Tigran, you rock!

every so often my screen blacks out and i have to go back and forth to restore it---lol this is like playing "grab-bag"

Where are you guys watching this? I have Russian, Canadian and Turkish sites open and NOTHING. All the pages are loaded but I don't see any live skating.

Are there links within those sites I should click on? Thanks for any help!

herios

Medalist
Hungarian now--ooooo fancy. I like. has style AND jumps. all right!
this is no beginner. nice jazzy music, white shirt, black pants with suspenders. fun to watch! moves very stylishly--uses hands well to counterpoint his feet. Not dull at all. moves like a dancer. i am liking this.i would classify him as primarily an artistic skater, and a good one, at that. i think he may have finished a little late on his music.

Tigran Vardanjan --elegant! Hungary 53.15 into first place! Tigran, you rock!

every so often my screen blacks out and i have to go back and forth to restore it---lol this is like playing "grab-bag"

Very interesting, he is actually born in Armenia, with parents moved in Hungary

He was a charmer in the K & C, he was happy like he won the worlds!
Weird the guy beside him talked in german, I was expecting to hear some hungarian comments, but all I could see were hugs, kisses and poses for the jumbotron!:rofl: