Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Skate America

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Oh, call me Spun. I totally look forward to meeting you!!

Thanks for the further detail.
    sorry I must have been dislexic there when I called your name..I thought it was silver spun...not spun silver...must use the scroll down option!!!

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    I was just kidding. When we meet I shall reveal my true identity.

I will too!!!

Custom Title

Buying all events?

For those who bought all event ticket by calling them, here are my questions.

1. How did you purchase? Just letting then know your credit card number?
    2. Practice session is included for free?
    3. Can you select your seats? For individual tickets, it doesn't seem possible.
    4. When will the tickets be mailed? Are they e-tickets?
    5. No refunds, right?

Thanks!

I'm sure there is a Map (plan) of the arena on the website. Look at it and decide where you want to sit at the price you will pay. When you call talk to them in the sense you won't go unless you get the seat you want.

Quote Originally Posted by ehdtkqorl123 View Post
    For those who bought all event ticket by calling them, here are my questions.

1. How did you purchase? Just letting then know your credit card number?
    2. Practice session is included for free?
    3. Can you select your seats? For individual tickets, it doesn't seem possible.
    4. When will the tickets be mailed? Are they e-tickets?
    5. No refunds, right?

Thanks!

1. I called the box office and gave them my credit card number over the phone.
    2. Practice sessions are included however when I got my tickets there were no tickets for the practice sessions. I called the box office and they indicated that my regular tickets should include admission to the practice sessions but they did admit that they haven't figured out the practice session schedule yet. I will probably call the box office back in a few months and ask about the practice sessions again.
    3. I selected the package I wanted (gold, silver and bronze) and then went through the seating for each session. I didn't get the same seat for each session but I am sitting in the same general section maybe a row or two away.
    4. I got my tickets about a month of so after I ordered them. There are no e-tickets...they are actual paper tickets.
    5. No refunds...so if you buy and can't go....you have to sell them!

Hope this information helps.

Custom Title
    Thanks for your info!

You are welcome. They are really nice at the box office but if you are getting all event tickets be prepared to be on the phone for about 20 minutes or so...they go through each session seperately when you are ordering the tickets so it takes some time.

Banned

How to get to Lake Placid?

I am planning on attending SA in November. I will be flying in from Seattle so I have no idea what airport in NY state I should use and how I could get to the venue (The Olympic Center) from the airport. Can anyone who live nearby explain? It would be a great help! Thanks a lot.

Paying the bills
    We travel by car, so I can't offer much help with the airports, but this link might help you out http://lakeplacid.com/flash/planyour...anyourtrip.htm . Major airports include Albany NY, Montreal and Burlington VT, but any one of those will put you 2 hours away from Lake Placid.

If you don't want to rent a car, I think one of your only options is to look at flying into Boston's Logan Airport and booking a connecting flight to Saranac Lake on Cape Air. That will put you about 15 miles from Lake Placid, which is an easy taxi ride. Just to let you know though, Cape Air has very small planes, I think they are commonly referred to as puddle jumpers.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post
    We travel by car, so I can't offer much help with the airports, but this link might help you out http://lakeplacid.com/flash/planyour...anyourtrip.htm . Major airports include Albany NY, Montreal and Burlington VT, but any one of those will put you 2 hours away from Lake Placid.

If you don't want to rent a car, I think one of your only options is to look at flying into Boston's Logan Airport and booking a connecting flight to Saranac Lake on Cape Air. That will put you about 15 miles from Lake Placid, which is an easy taxi ride. Just to let you know though, Cape Air has very small planes, I think they are commonly referred to as puddle jumpers.
    Hmm... doesn't sound like it is gonna be an easy trip. Anyway, thanks a lot for your info Tammi.

Custom Title
    I would urge everyone driving who may be unfamiliar with ice and snow conditions to exercise caution and make certain you drive a vehicle with appropriate tires, gears, etc. In my experience it isn't even so much the area around LP that causes problems as driving through Albany.

Paying the bills
    Quote Originally Posted by jaws12345 View Post
    Hmm... doesn't sound like it is gonna be an easy trip. Anyway, thanks a lot for your info Tammi.
    Unfortunately, it's not really an easy trip for anyone, but it will be well worth it . It's a beautiful village and a great lineup of competitors.

Custom Title
    FYI, Ferry is not in service after October..

Minusaramadad from Arctaroon John King's Avatar

How to get to Lake Placid.....

Practice?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast