Skate America | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Skate America

sillylionlove

Medalist
I am going to be live and in person at Skate America. And regardless of who is going to be skating there....I will still stalk them to get a pic and autograph! Maybe I should not say stalk....LOL

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Taxis in Lake Placid

My wife and I will be flying into Saranac Lake on Cape Air as the last leg of our trip to Lake Placid for SA. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what taxi company we should call upon arrival to get picked up and taken to Lake Placid?

I see in the business listings for Lake Placid Corrow's Adk Taxi at 518-523-9091 and Mountain Taxi at 518-962-2977. The other two listings look like they are more for limo service. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to seeing Shen and Zhao!!:love::love:

sillylionlove

Medalist
FYI...I put this in the changes to the line up thread but in case no one sees it..

Igor Macypura of SVK had taken the men's spot at Skate America. So no Lambiel!

figurejennah

On the Ice
HELLO Everyone!!! :D I am super super excited about SA. I've never been to a real event like this, so I've got butterflies in my tummy already!

This is just a silly silly question.... But does anyone know where
all the skaters will be staying at? :love: Will we ever have a chance
to really run into them?

Also, can anyone post some rules/etiquettes that I should be aware of?
I am bringing a camcorder with me~~~ And I would really really
love to get autographs from Sasha cohen and yuna kim... cough.

Thank you!!

you should shimmy. i think that's what you should do.

Any tips on how to get pics with them??? cough~~~ <3

Last edited by a moderator:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
the website should have a list of official hotels, skaters will be at all of those, most likely (especially the most expensive one) or so it is when it's Nationals.

As for when and where to meet them - I've actually found the rink is better for that (practices especially) than the hotel... they wander around the food court areas quite often.

again I've not been to Skate America, but this is how it is at US Nationals, and I assume the format is pretty much the same.

ehdtkqorl123

On the Ice
Does anyone know about their banner policy? Those who have been at Junior events or whatever events held in LP, have you seen any banners hung in the arena? How were the staff strict about other misc policies, like camera or camcorder?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
email the arena and ask for their policy... or look on their (or the event's) website.

sillylionlove

Medalist
HELLO Everyone!!! :D I am super super excited about SA. I've never been to a real event like this, so I've got butterflies in my tummy already!

This is just a silly silly question.... But does anyone know where
all the skaters will be staying at? :love: Will we ever have a chance
to really run into them?

Also, can anyone post some rules/etiquettes that I should be aware of?
I am bringing a camcorder with me~~~ And I would really really
love to get autographs from Sasha cohen and yuna kim... cough.

Thank you!!

Any tips on how to get pics with them??? cough~~~ <3

Practice is usually the best place to get them. In 2007 I got a pic and autographs of every skater in the competition and that even included Scott Hamilton and Yao Bin. Here is my advice...there are a few die hards that know the deal on how to get things done and we work together on saving seats in the front and scoping out where the skaters enter and exit. I will be there starting on Wednesday. The practice starts on Thursday. You need an all even ticket to get into the practices. So......if you are going to be going for the whole time, let me know. I will make sure that I give you my personal info and will attempt to hook you up!! LOL

Phoenix347

Final Flight
Is there any limits on what kind of camera or how big a lens that you can take to Skate America? Oh, and do stuff animals have to be wrapped in plastic? Just curious.

figurejennah

On the Ice
Practice is usually the best place to get them. In 2007 I got a pic and autographs of every skater in the competition and that even included Scott Hamilton and Yao Bin. Here is my advice...there are a few die hards that know the deal on how to get things done and we work together on saving seats in the front and scoping out where the skaters enter and exit. I will be there starting on Wednesday. The practice starts on Thursday. You need an all even ticket to get into the practices. So......if you are going to be going for the whole time, let me know. I will make sure that I give you my personal info and will attempt to hook you up!! LOL

Oh my gosh how nice of you!!! And gosh I envy you that you got all those pictures and autographs........ But I don't have an all event ticket and I won't be there till Friday............... :cry: I guess I will somehow have to catch them
after the competition???
Also, I have not booked a place to stay yet, do you have any personal
recommendation? (Yes I wouldn't mind running into sasha or yuna or evan
at hotel lobby~ :love::love: ) But thank you again, and perhaps we could
contact each other? :D My e-mail is [email protected]

Thank you~~~ <3

yqs100

On the Ice
13th Nov. (Fri) is Xue Shen's birthday,,,,,,

wish her happy birthday, and get a new short program PB on that day...:clap: