Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 130

Thread: Skate America

  1. #106
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    81

    Taxis in Lake Placid

    My wife and I will be flying into Saranac Lake on Cape Air as the last leg of our trip to Lake Placid for SA. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what taxi company we should call upon arrival to get picked up and taken to Lake Placid?

    I see in the business listings for Lake Placid Corrow's Adk Taxi at 518-523-9091 and Mountain Taxi at 518-962-2977. The other two listings look like they are more for limo service. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

    Looking forward to seeing Shen and Zhao!!

  2. #107
    The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    Posts
    1,886
    I will shimmy, hop, skip jump and maybe even do a happy dance!!

  3. #108
    The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    Posts
    1,886
    FYI...I put this in the changes to the line up thread but in case no one sees it..

    Igor Macypura of SVK had taken the men's spot at Skate America. So no Lambiel!

  4. #109
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    214
    HELLO Everyone!!! :D I am super super excited about SA. I've never been to a real event like this, so I've got butterflies in my tummy already!

    This is just a silly silly question.... But does anyone know where
    all the skaters will be staying at? Will we ever have a chance
    to really run into them?

    Also, can anyone post some rules/etiquettes that I should be aware of?
    I am bringing a camcorder with me~~~ And I would really really
    love to get autographs from Sasha cohen and yuna kim... cough.


    Thank you!!

    Quote Originally Posted by SerpentineSteps View Post
    you should shimmy. i think that's what you should do.
    Any tips on how to get pics with them??? cough~~~ <3
    Last edited by Tonichelle; 10-24-2009 at 09:49 PM. Reason: merging

  5. #110
    and... World Peace! Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,654
    the website should have a list of official hotels, skaters will be at all of those, most likely (especially the most expensive one) or so it is when it's Nationals.

    As for when and where to meet them - I've actually found the rink is better for that (practices especially) than the hotel... they wander around the food court areas quite often.

    again I've not been to Skate America, but this is how it is at US Nationals, and I assume the format is pretty much the same.

  6. #111
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    311
    Does anyone know about their banner policy? Those who have been at Junior events or whatever events held in LP, have you seen any banners hung in the arena? How were the staff strict about other misc policies, like camera or camcorder?

  7. #112
    and... World Peace! Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,654
    email the arena and ask for their policy... or look on their (or the event's) website.

  8. #113
    The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    Posts
    1,886
    Quote Originally Posted by figurejennah View Post
    HELLO Everyone!!! :D I am super super excited about SA. I've never been to a real event like this, so I've got butterflies in my tummy already!

    This is just a silly silly question.... But does anyone know where
    all the skaters will be staying at? Will we ever have a chance
    to really run into them?

    Also, can anyone post some rules/etiquettes that I should be aware of?
    I am bringing a camcorder with me~~~ And I would really really
    love to get autographs from Sasha cohen and yuna kim... cough.


    Thank you!!



    Any tips on how to get pics with them??? cough~~~ <3
    Practice is usually the best place to get them. In 2007 I got a pic and autographs of every skater in the competition and that even included Scott Hamilton and Yao Bin. Here is my advice...there are a few die hards that know the deal on how to get things done and we work together on saving seats in the front and scoping out where the skaters enter and exit. I will be there starting on Wednesday. The practice starts on Thursday. You need an all even ticket to get into the practices. So......if you are going to be going for the whole time, let me know. I will make sure that I give you my personal info and will attempt to hook you up!! LOL

  9. #114
    Custom Title Phoenix347's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    661
    Is there any limits on what kind of camera or how big a lens that you can take to Skate America? Oh, and do stuff animals have to be wrapped in plastic? Just curious.

  10. #115
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by sillylionlove View Post
    Practice is usually the best place to get them. In 2007 I got a pic and autographs of every skater in the competition and that even included Scott Hamilton and Yao Bin. Here is my advice...there are a few die hards that know the deal on how to get things done and we work together on saving seats in the front and scoping out where the skaters enter and exit. I will be there starting on Wednesday. The practice starts on Thursday. You need an all even ticket to get into the practices. So......if you are going to be going for the whole time, let me know. I will make sure that I give you my personal info and will attempt to hook you up!! LOL
    Oh my gosh how nice of you!!! And gosh I envy you that you got all those pictures and autographs........ But I don't have an all event ticket and I won't be there till Friday............... I guess I will somehow have to catch them
    after the competition???
    Also, I have not booked a place to stay yet, do you have any personal
    recommendation? (Yes I wouldn't mind running into sasha or yuna or evan
    at hotel lobby~ ) But thank you again, and perhaps we could
    contact each other? :D My e-mail is lavendertea@ymail.com

    Thank you~~~ <3

  11. #116
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    311
    Does anyone know about the security policy of the arena? Do they scan items strictly at the entrance?

  12. #117
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    140
    13th Nov. (Fri) is Xue Shen's birthday,,,,,,

    wish her happy birthday, and get a new short program PB on that day...

  13. #118
    Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,880
    Wow, thanks for telling us. Maybe I'll make a HB banner.

  14. #119
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    311
    The weather is gonna be sunny entire week. Hope there's no snow at all from NYC to LP :P

  15. #120
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by ehdtkqorl123 View Post
    The weather is gonna be sunny entire week. Hope there's no snow at all from NYC to LP :P
    wow are you driving? I thought about that idea but gave up. lol. Train all the way!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •