Original Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Original Dance

Kinga

Medalist
I have never thought I would say that, but weak dance teams are more painful to watch than weak pairs. I guess this is one of the few CoP drawbacks in Ice Dancing.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
I finally opted out of the ISU results page and came back to it. It is unscrewed, now. Safe to go in the water again lol.

victoria90

On the Ice
Ohhh, what a nice OD from this couple (M/R), I really liked it.

And thanks for the link!!

ETA: I'm not crazy! I thought they had this V/M and D/W thing going on, must be because Marina and Igor are their coaches.

Last edited:

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
I just checked their bio because I thought I recognized Igor as they got off the ice. And it *is* Igor! (Shpilband)

ETA: Sorry, was talking about M & R and forgot to say so lol

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
Please excuse my making this a separate post--I just want to say that I am glad that some of the costumers today know whether they are working with '20s or '40s music. I have seen 1920s headbands on dancers using Swing music, which is strictly from the 1940s. It distracts me when dancers are dressed for the wrong "jive" period.

Last edited:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Ohhh, what a nice OD from this couple (M/R), I really liked it..

Did I hear right(listening with one ear, the other on the phone) that Kristian Rand lost his toes on one foot to a lawn mover? So he has a special built skate.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Did I hear right(listening with one ear, the other on the phone) that Kristian Rand lost his toes on one foot to a lawn mover? So he has a special built skate.
Yes, during the CD the Eurosport guys mentioned that three of his toes fell victim to a lawnmower last summer. What is it with skaters and lawnmowers, anyway? Jessica Dube lost half a finger in a lwanmower accident as a kid, and I think there was someone else, too.

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
Yes, during the CD the Eurosport guys mentioned that three of his toes fell victim to a lawnmower last summer. What is it with skaters and lawnmowers, anyway? Jessica Dube lost half a finger in a lwanmower accident as a kid, and I think there was someone else, too.

Elaine Zayak, she lost I think one of her toes in a lawn mower accident, seriously STAY AWAY FROM LAWN MOWERS people!!!

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
STAY AWAY FROM LAWN MOWERS people!!![/QUOTE said:
Elaine Zayak, she lost I think one of her toes in a lawn mower accident, seriously STAY AWAY FROM LAWN MOWERS people!!!

really...I'm always nervous using my powerful lawn mover though I'm not a figure skater....but I need my feet to other things.

Buzzz

Final Flight
There is a skater named Oscar Peter representing Switzerland who was originally born in the Dominican Republic. This makes him I believe the first figure skater from that Caribbean country. :rock:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Cappellini/Lanotte are skating in this group (early in the OD! they are in place 11) Favorites of mine. Good luck to them.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
There is a skater named Oscar Peter representing Switzerland who was originally born in the Dominican Republic. This makes him I believe the first figure skater from that Caribbean country. :rock:

Wasn't he once a single skater, also for Switzerland? Figure skating spreads all over the world :)