Need prayers for daughter | Golden Skate

Need prayers for daughter

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
My oldest daughter was taken to the hospital by ambulance from school today.
She became disoriented and was too weak to get out of her chair (at school) and students called and got help. She's been having a really bad cold. They tried to get spinal fluid but there was so much scar tissue they had to take her and put dye in to find a way to get through. Her diabetes also got really bad. She had broken her foot and had minor surgery and had got the cast off and was in a walking cast. (She had had polio in that foot and leg when she was 2 and has a pump for her medicine for diabetes.) She has no sick leave left. They are having a really bad time with bills. Her husband had colon cancer 3 years ago and with all her physical problems their bills are overwhelming. She teaches English Second Language so all her students are foreigners. The school has been trying to get rid of her as she was one of the highest paid teachers (has Masters degree) so she turned in her papers and will retire the end of school year. She is better, knows what is going on now but a long ways to go. They are testing for Meningitis. She is 59. :cry:
Thanks bunches.

PROKOFIEV

On the Ice
I am very sorry to hear what happened to your daughter. Yes. I will pray for her quick recovery every moment.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Well, she doesn't have meningitis. She doesn't remember that day at all but is "with it" now. They are running tests. They tried to get some spinal fluid and couldn't because of all the scar tissue from surgery when they removed 3 disks and put in metal to stabilize it. They had to go to x ray dpt. to run eye through it so they could see where they could go and it worked. So then she got a bad headache from that. Will go back up there again today. The hospital is in Wichita, about 18 miles.
Thanks for the prayers and well wishes.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh, my, Grgranny! She's in my thoughts and prayers for a full and speedy recovery!

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Grgranny, you both are in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us informed!!

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
She's enough better that they moved her from ICU to a regular room. Hopefully she will go home tomorrow. Since they had given her lots of antibiotics when she got there, they will not know what it was. Thanks to all for the thoughts and prayers.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Glad you are going home ~ hopefully. Is there any way to know how to prevent it if they can't specify what it is??? Well I hope she can keep good heath once she regains her stamina.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
She went home yesterday and planned on working today because otherwise she wouldn't get paid.

gio

Medalist
Grgranny, I hope your daughter is OK! Maybe it would be better if she rests some days more. I think it's really unfair she doesn't get paid.