Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ideas of Themes for all skaters

Ideas of Themes for all skaters

I know it's a little early for that but the old thread has been archived and Worlds, the last competition of the season is coming.

Davis & White:

So last night I had a dream...about The Tudors! (they are re-airing the first season here and I've become quite obsessed with it ) But Henri and Anne were not played by JRM and Nathalie Dormer in my dream but...Charlie & Meryl
    I really think that it could suit them because Meryl has that ability to look like an angel and the next second a devil like Nathalie Dormer. But I'm not sure about Charlie as Henri.

Brian Joubert:

I think he'll be perrfect as Don Juan. Seriously, he has that seductor look and he'll also be great at portraying the other side of DJ: the one seeking for Liberty and refusing to follow the rules.

Virtue & Moir:
    I'd love to see them do a romantic "Vampire" themed program as an Ex (I'd like them to try different styles in their FDs) . I think they'll do justice to "Close Your Eyes" by Christopher Beck (Buffy & Angel theme)

Pechalat & Bourzat:

I'd love to see them do like Mukhortova & Trankov and do a program on their opposition. Maybe the Lady & The Hooligan too.

Custom Title
    I always would have liked a male skater with a good feelig for music doing L'apres midi d'un faun. Johnny? Adam Rippon? I'm afraid we will not see it, though, becaus a lot of people would think it way too much over the top.

I've always thought Meryl Davis has the perfect face for portraying a nymph or something, and Charlie could pull of an English gentleman. They could do something whimsical, I think it'd be really enjoyable.
    I love the Anne Boleyn idea, but it would be hard to picture Charlie as Henry VIII.
    I also think they'd be a great team to use The Red Violin.

I think Emily Samuelson would be great for using music from Anne of Green Gables, but I can't picture Evan as Gilbert. But she said somewhere that she really likes Pride & Prejudice, and I love the music in that movie. It would be nice for them to have good music in their FD.

It would be cool to see Tessa and Scott do a vampire story. That would be so different from anything they've ever done.

At my computer watching Meryl and Charlie skate!
    Scott Moir would make a gorgeous vampire! They totally could pull that off. Maybe use some music from "Twilight"?

I hit the bullseye this season calling D/W's choice of music for FD. Think I could get lucky again? I'm thinking but don't have a good idea yet...

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lmarie086 View Post

It would be cool to see Tessa and Scott do a vampire story. That would be so different from anything they've ever done.
    As long as it's not "Twilight"

Quote Originally Posted by blue dog View Post
    Agreed. That would be so cheesy. Maybe music from 1992 Bram Stoker's Dracula? Or Interview with a Vampire? Both of those have some decent music.

Quote Originally Posted by lmarie086 View Post
    Agreed. That would be so cheesy. Maybe music from 1992 Bram Stoker's Dracula? Or Interview with a Vampire? Both of those have some decent music.
    Can the FD have vocal music in it? I love Annie Lennox's Love song for a Vampire and would love to see someone skate to it.

Ant

Quote Originally Posted by blue dog View Post
    I wanted to say that but I didn't want to hurt Twilight Fans :o

I had another idea today for Florent Amodio:
    A mix between the Goodbye Lenin soundtrack, The Chaiman's Waltz and Ruled by Secrecy by Muse
    Last edited by rosee; 03-17-2009 at 12:36 PM.

Rinkside
    Bwo's Conquering America would have fitted the gala at this years worlds.
    ( I know the video is weird)

Quote Originally Posted by rosee View Post
    I wanted to say that but I didn't want to hurt Twilight Fans :o
    I'm a Twilight fan (it's a guilty pleasure lol), doesn't hurt me at all. The movie had horrible music for the most part, I only liked some of the original compositions (I only really liked "I Know What You Are").

I feel like Pechalat/Bourzat could pull of a mime program, but that might be too similar to clowns in a way.

Khokhlova/Novitski could do an awesome pirates program, if you ask me.
    Last edited by lmarie086; 03-17-2009 at 01:08 PM.

At my computer watching Meryl and Charlie skate!
    As far as the music from "Twilight", I don't find it cheesy. But that's just my opinion. The other "Dracula" music has been used before. K/N would make great pirates..she's a wench after all!

Quote Originally Posted by viv View Post
    I always would have liked a male skater with a good feelig for music doing L'apres midi d'un faune. Johnny? Adam Rippon? I'm afraid we will not see it, though, because a lot of people would think it way too much over the top.
    Here is John Curry skating to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3wewU5xcXY

On the Ice
    That's so funny, I've been obsessed for a while now with the idea of Tessa and Scott doing a vampire routine! I wouldn't mind a little Twilight in the mix (like, say, "I Know What You Are"), but I probably don't have a say in this.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Here is John Curry skating to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3wewU5xcXY
    Oh, wow, I didn't know that - and John Curry is one of my favourite skaters from before my time! Thanks so much for the link!

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tapdancer View Post
    As far as the music from "Twilight", I don't find it cheesy. But that's just my opinion. The other "Dracula" music has been used before. K/N would make great pirates..she's a wench after all!
    You are right--Fusar-Poli/Margaglio used it in 1999:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHcXKmNXf9I

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast