Pairs' LP | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Pairs' LP

TCAngel18

Medalist
i really think the chinese pair teams need to hire either stephane lambiel or lucinda ruh to teach them some spins, seriously

oxade21

Match Penalty
P/T, this is not a podium skate, I am afraid. Lots of mistakes. Unless the next group bombs.

gold12345

Medalist
not much info, im afraid...."a mess" doesnt really say much about m/b, like did she fall a bunch of times, etc...

M/B? It was a disaster for them. I felt terrible for her, especially. She kept saying sorry over and over. She fell on the 3T... hard. She popped the 3S to start off the program. She has been so consistent with the 3S all season, I wonder if she has lost a little confidence in it after yesterday. She singled the throw 3L at the end of the program. Rockne put his hand down on the 3T, and I think had a mistake on his 3S as well. I don't think either of them did a combination. Basically, it was probably the worst they've ever skated, or close to it. Such a shame. I don't know if it was the pressure, pressure for her competing in her hometown, or if they are just a little worn out from the long season, which is a new experience for them. Their best long program of this season was maybe in August in Indy or Oct at Skate America. I can't help but wonder if they are just a bit drained. Also, with the media on their backs yesterday, you wonder if a little doubt set in for today. You can say they've been inconsistent this season, but tonight was extra strange. :cry: It's okay, this happens to everyone, and they will learn from this.

Last edited:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, after that performance, Pang/Tong's medal hopes I feel are in serious doubt. Unfortunate for them. :frown:

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
I don't get that pair. They look great together, they have nice moments, but I have never felt the connection. I remember them being labelled the 'next next' Sale/Pelletier... but they just don't have that spark I remember feeling when watching Jamie and David...

I also agree.

And is it just me - or did it look like there were some scary moments when Bryce had Jessica up in the air? In particular there was one overhead lift where it looked like for a just a second he was going to lose his footing. Then there was another lift where the set down was really less than graceful.

i love to skate

Medalist
I also agree.

And is it just me - or did it look like there were some scary moments when Bryce had Jessica up in the air? In particular there was one overhead lift where it looked like for a just a second he was going to lose his footing. Then there was another lift where the set down was really less than graceful.

I saw the one lift where it looked like he would lose his footing but he recovered nicely. Overall I think they have some of the nicest lifts. The Chinese teams lifts scare me quite often.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Sandra commented on his stumble (or was it Scott who made mention? I don't know, I'm still shocked that they aren't blabbing through the whole skate for each team) in the star/lasso? (look! tonichelle trying to know the tech terms for the lifts ha ha!) but yeah the two lifts that stick out in my mind were scary... in one it was his feet and the other one she seemed off balance in the air...

anyone else find it funny that NBC seems to use the Canadian skaters as free advertisement for the olympics next year. how many times do they have to remind us in one program? ;)

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
All the teams shown so far have been off in the LP, except for Denney & Barrett. The programs must be too difficult to endure after such a LONG season. You have to feel for them. I really hope this is not a prelude/bad omen for the final group.

london_calling

On the Ice
Wow, I thought Canada would earn 3 spots for next year in Pairs easily but it doesn't look good at this point. What a shame:frown:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I also agree.

No, it wasn't just you. That moment where he almost tripped, my heart felt like it was going to leap out of my chest. Also, I thought they got too close to one another again on those SBS spins, or at least that's how it appeared from the camera view on my tv.