Pairs' LP | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Pairs' LP

Bruin714

On the Ice
Both Canadian pairs end their program with painfully slow pair spins when the music is building dramatically.

i love to skate

Medalist
Wow, I thought Canada would earn 3 spots for next year in Pairs easily but it doesn't look good at this point. What a shame:frown:

It's very disappointing. On the bright side though, all our teams are in the top ten! :clap: No other country has that. It will make Nationals that much more exciting!

Medusa

Record Breaker
Bryce Davison should have skated with Megan Duhamel. Because Dubé looked as if she has no confidence at all and Buntin looked as if he was drunk.

gold12345

Medalist
I also agree.

And is it just me - or did it look like there were some scary moments when Bryce had Jessica up in the air? In particular there was one overhead lift where it looked like for a just a second he was going to lose his footing. Then there was another lift where the set down was really less than graceful.

Yeah, they just looked off at times through the whole program. A shame. Hopefully some teams in the top group skate well. It's amazing how much harder it is to skate clean in a pairs long than in a pairs short.

It's very disappointing. On the bright side though, all our teams are in the top ten! :clap: No other country has that. It will make Nationals that much more exciting!

This is why I hate the magic number of 13. 3 teams in the top 10 should absolutely give Canada three Olympic spots!

Last edited:

victoria90

On the Ice
oh god, it's 2 am here and I have to wake up at 7 for my first day of college... and here I am, watching Worlds live :laugh:

it's a shame D/D and D/B couldn't do their best because I really like these two teams and I know they can give much much more. it's also a shame the meltdown M/B had, but way to go Denney/Barrett :clap: Spartacus' music is starting to grow in me, I first hated it, now I like it.

gotta say I looooved V/M, a few mistakes here and there but still enjoyed it. I missed the french couple but I've been following them since they teamed up like an year and a half ago and I'm so happy they were able to move up places :rock:

go Maria and Maxim!! :biggrin:

lyton

Rinkside
I'm so sad for Pang/Tong.
They had a very good season going into the Worlds.
I love both of two programs, especially the long program.
It's really shocked me when they were doing LP in 4CC.
Such big improvment, such beautiful lines.
Otherwise, China would get 3 spots to Vancouver.

Hikaru

Final Flight
Oh my... Kavaguti's skirt reminds me of the one Santino was doing for Sasha in Project RUnway... it must be heavy.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
MG, Horror of costume on Kawasaki. I do like Smirnoff's outfit though.

She definitely needs some tips on costumes. Does she not look in the mirror. Her SP dress was an improvement.