Kimmie Meissner-LA Times article | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Kimmie Meissner-LA Times article

L

LKR722

That girl gives the most boring interviews. Even if journalists did ask insightful questions, she'd still give her practiced, PR-approved answers.
"I'm skating for my country."
"Just doing my best."
"I'm having fun."
"Losing every competition since Worlds is a good learning experience."
"Underarmor (TM) is the best clothing brand!"

I prefer Patrick Chan's spontaneous sincerity to Meissner's whining about st00pid journalists.

I don't think Kimmie has said any of those things. She always seems to show a fun side in her interviews. Did someone pee in your cereal this morning brightphoton? Chan's jabbing at Brian's long program was classless, especially after saying he thought maybe he should have kept quiet earlier in the week when their "war of words" began. Just my opinion. By the way, Underarmor rocks! :rock:

asparaguss

Rinkside
She even got a response from Phil Hersh- most likely because she singled him out (by initials) at the end...that was extra snarky :laugh:

I generally agree with your posts, but here I have to disagree. Snarky? Much less than he deserves, actually.

Hersh, the self-appointed God of skating, has basically come out and told this person to quit the sport (while simultaneously encouraging ancient skaters like Kwan to come back).

Snarky? Hersh is lucky she hasn't pulled a Tonya Harding on him.

McWicked

On the Ice
Yes. I would hardly single Meissner out, though- they ALL do it now. The only female skater I remember with at least some edginess was the old Cohen. That was refreshing. (the new Cohen is just like everyone else, giving the same old boring PR answers).

We need more juicy answers :clap: who knows??? We may have more viewers.