KOR
53 Laura LEPISTÖ
FIN
54 Elene GEDEVANISHVILI
GEO

Elene's skating dead last :eek:

Wrlmy

Medalist
:eek: The final group is all kinds of weird. It's not impossible 30 something points will separate the highest score and the lowest score of the group.

Bruin714

On the Ice
Where exactly is the division between the morning and afternoon group? Is is 5 groups in the morning and 5 in the afternoon?

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Where exactly is the division between the morning and afternoon group? Is is 5 groups in the morning and 5 in the afternoon?

Yes, Jenna McCorkell, the 1st to skate in Group 6, will lead off the later groups.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
VERY interesting. not great for the american ladies...and Joannie is not even in the last group. But with judges like these does anything matter?

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
VERY interesting. not great for the american ladies...and Joannie is not even in the last group. But with judges like these does anything matter?

Remember, Brian and Evan were not in the final group of the Mens' SP either, yet they are currently leading after the SP.

pokky_oc

On the Ice
Well, this is good for some skaters! My prediction after short is...

1. Yu-Na Kim 70.00+
2. Mao Asada 68.00+
3. Joannie Rochette 66.00+

Well, that's what I think after the short... Even though Yu-Na is skating last ( before Elene Gedevanishvili ) as long as she lands her jumps it'll be fine! All Mao needs is to rotate that triple flip + triple loop! Joannie really needs triple + triple here and I know she can land it... If you watch 4CC Warm Up of Joannie you'll see that she landed a clean triple lutz + triple toe! But the actual SP in 4CC was in my opinion was over-rated ( deserved around 62~63 points ) and it's not going to go over 65.00 again without a triple + triple ( Unless you're Mao Asada or Yu-Na Kim, If Mao does an under rotated triple loop in her combination she'll probably get around 65.00 points ) My opinion on the podium is...

1. Yu-Na Kim 195.00+
2. Mao Asada 195.00+
3. Joannie Rochette 180.00+

Well, this amazing rivalry battle will only happen if these top 3 skaters in the world, skate clean! I think Mao will get a 1st place in FS but then it's not enough to beat Kim's total score or something like that!

I'm not saying Mao won't get a gold, because Mao is my favorite skater! If Mao skates clean her FS perfectly her jump base value are worth amazing 52.50! Yu-Na Kim's jump base value is 43.30 but Yu-Na will get huge G.O.E score unlike Mao! Joannie's jumps are worth 42.50 which is nearly as much as Yu-Na's! Basically they all have the chance of getting the gold medal!

Other skaters who has a some chance of getting on the podium are:

Miki Ando ( Perfect skate then maybe a gold again )
Rachael Flatt ( A possibility of bronze )
Alissa Czisny ( If very lucky a bronze )
Fumie Suguri ( A medal maybe?? )
Laura Lepisto ( I don't see her on the podium but just maybe... )
Carolina Kostner ( I think she could with a clean skate )

Last edited:

irinas

Rinkside

The top 12 skaters in the World Ranking always skate in the last two groups. It is not about the skater.

So that's very normal for Joannie. Don't worry. It is all about the draw ;)

Last year Carolina and Mao skated just before the final group. As I said, It depends on the draw.

all_empty

Spectator
Been watching Joannie in practice the last few days. She's been practicing 3T+3S+SEQ and 2A+3T. I may have seen one 3F+3T. I think she's going for 3L+2T and solo 3F in the short.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Been watching Joannie in practice the last few days. She's been practicing 3T+3S+SEQ and 2A+3T. I may have seen one 3F+3T. I think she's going for 3L+2T and solo 3F in the short.

Thanks for the news! How interesting . . . 2A+3T? A replacement for 2Axel-hop-2Axel perhaps? Then, however, she'd have to leave out her final 3Salchow if she repeats the 3toe after the 3toe+half loop+3Salchow sequence because she has been repeating 3Lutz in the LP. She has also been training 3Lutz+3toe and landed it in the 4CC SP warm-up.

all_empty

Spectator
I think the 2A+3T is just for practice. Her 3L and 3S are so solid that those are the triple jumps she'll repeat in the FS.

DarkestMoon

On the Ice
I think the 2A+3T is just for practice. Her 3L and 3S are so solid that those are the triple jumps she'll repeat in the FS.

I know she reworked her footwork to be more fluid. However, I think a 2A+3T would score better than an 2A sequence. The sequence is more of a hit or a miss type of thing for Joannie. At least we know Joannie can and has done a Toe-half-Sal seq. well. The 2A+3T can rack up more points, especially at the last half of her program with that lovely transition going into it (Sasha-esque curl into the 2A sequence).

If there is a worry about underrotation, Joannie could do a 2A+2L+2L to bypass the Zayak rule.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If there is a worry about underrotation, Joannie could do a 2A+2L+2L to bypass the Zayak rule.

She is only allowed one 3-jump combo and already does 3Lutz+2toe+2loop right off the top of her program. It would have to be 2Axel+2loop. I do think it's wiser for Joannie to repeat the 3Salchow instead of the 3toe, as the Sal is worth more in points and it's such a strong jump for Rochette.

Back to the thread at hand, the Ladies' SP. Don't want to turn this into a practice report thread since we already have those in this forum. :)

Last edited:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
5 minutes to go. Get something to eat and take your potty break now.

:laugh: Get your fresh coffee . . . you know, this week has been so rough on my sleep schedule. I have been far too excited to finally have skating to watch on television that I'm totally sleep deprived. What the heck, it's all worth it! I can catch up on sleep come Sunday. ;)