Ladies SP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP

enlight78

Medalist
Maybe I don't get it because I'm not a nationalist or all that patriotic. Italian , German, Argentian ,South African. It doesn't mattet me. A skater is a skater no matter there citizenship or where they are from. All I care about is quality. Leave the flags for the Olympics.

skatingbc

Final Flight
You mean seeing americans and russians represent different countries.

I don't have a problem with that if they have citizenship for the country they represent. I don't think that skaters should be able to skate for any country they feel like, but if a skater holds dual citizenship then who are we to say what country they should represent?

I know that for most of these skaters that is probably not the case because the ISU doesn't have a citizenship requirement.

Last edited:

Fae

Rinkside
Yes, I know that most of them are Americans/Russians....

Not every country is blessed with tons of skaters and well-equiped skating rinks you know... At least this way there'll be other countries being represented other than the usual suspects.

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Ana Cecilia Cantu - Great that she landed the 3F and 3S/2L combo, but too bad about popping the axel. An entertaining program.

And now - another 'Dark Eyes'!!!

Wrlmy

Medalist
Eastern European skaters with Dark eyes are along the line of Chinese skaters with Yellow River:p

AC Cantu was awesome! Probably not as proficient as US no. 3 and Japan no. 4, but who cares?

dewey

Rinkside
While we're waiting for the next group, who is the lady in the t-shirt, hat and glasses who hugs each skater and gives them a package after their performance?

enlight78

Medalist
That doesn't bother me. It's not like they're keeping anyone off the podium - as it is, most of them don't even make it to the Free Skate.

I could argue Caroline Zhang or Yukari both would have the goods to medal.

Eurofan

On the Ice
I wonder what she's giving them - a plaque? a book? They all seem to get the same kind of package.

amateur

Final Flight
That Polish girl who currently leads, was pretty darn good!! I was impressed! Step sequnence was lovely, great spins too - I hope she makes the final. Not doubling the one triple jump would have sealed it, but i thik she might make it anyway - maybe that's why she was crying at her score?

figuristka

Medalist
While we're waiting for the next group, who is the lady in the t-shirt, hat and glasses who hugs each skater and gives them a package after their performance?
The one with the Turkish t shirt? Yes thats very nice of someone to do that.