Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Olympic Qualifiers?

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    I am also happy for Brezina, During Verner's freeskate I was imagining Brezina, how he probably realised with every jump Verner rotated and landed - that the Olympics will become reality for him.
    I know! I am so happy for both of them too! I'd love to see a Czech man on the podium at the Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by siberia82 View Post
    Actually, there are 6 free berths for the guys.

1. JPN
    2. JPN
    3. JPN
    4. USA
    5. USA
    6. USA
    7. CAN
    8. CAN
    9. CZE
    10. CZE
    11. FRA
    12. FRA
    13. ITA
    14. ITA
    15. KAZ
    16. KAZ
    17. RUS
    18. RUS
    19. BEL
    20. ESP
    21. POL
    22. SVK
    23. SWE
    24. UKR
    And it's not even certain that Sweden will use that spot *mumbles about to high requirements* The Swedish Olympic Committee wont send a skater (Adrian/Kristoffer/Alexander) unless he hasn't a possibility of end top 8... How do they think?!? It wasn't a good Worlds for Sweden, but not a bad either. The best placement we've got at Worlds was Koffe's 9th in Tokyo two years ago. 8th at Oly... Why don't they require a medal when they're already on it...? *mumbles a little bit more*

Custom Title
    I am astounded that Sweden won't send a man to the Olympics unless he can finish in the top 8. Schultheiss and Berntsson finished 13th and 14th in 2008, and both skated very well. Neither man had a good Worlds in 2009 (18th and 20th).

Even based on the 2008 results, to expect a top 8 finish is ridiculous.

It really is... Ok, I understand, they spend a lot of money of sending someone to the Olympics, but at least they can have fair goals! We'll see what happens, the show will go on. I'll keep you updated.

Addicted to handsome, artistic male skaters ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudkicker09 View Post
    Yeah I know
    STILL 6 olympic breaths up for grabs that is still GOOD and IN FEDOR's favor right I mean its a good thing?
    I'm not sure. I haven't followed figure skating long enough to know these things. Does anyone know if 6 spots give Andreev a decent chance to qualify for the Olympics?

Quote Originally Posted by Eevun View Post
    And it's not even certain that Sweden will use that spot *mumbles about to high requirements* The Swedish Olympic Committee wont send a skater (Adrian/Kristoffer/Alexander) unless he hasn't a possibility of end top 8... How do they think?!? It wasn't a good Worlds for Sweden, but not a bad either. The best placement we've got at Worlds was Koffe's 9th in Tokyo two years ago. 8th at Oly... Why don't they require a medal when they're already on it...? *mumbles a little bit more*
    WHAT??? Is this a new rule? They did send Koffe to the 2006 Olympics, and I'm pretty sure they didn't consider him to be a Top 8 finisher in those days.

Quote Originally Posted by siberia82 View Post
    WHAT??? Is this a new rule? They did send Koffe to the 2006 Olympics, and I'm pretty sure they didn't consider him to be a Top 8 finisher in those days.
    No, or they were very fooled! I think that was a "watch-and-learn"-ticket. Now they seem to have risen the level real high! "With great power comes great responsibility" or something.
    The press chef of SOK is my neighbour. He's coming over here next week and then he'll be dealing with me and my furious questions. To be continued...

Last edited by siberia82; 07-26-2009 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    I am also happy for Brezina, During Verner's freeskate I was imagining Brezina, how he probably realised with every jump Verner rotated and landed - that the Olympics will become reality for him.
    Oh happy day to be able to watch a skater more in tune with music than tricks, but in Michal's case, the tricks are also there. I'll bet he is in the last two groups to skate the LP where if he doesn't podium, he will be top 10.

Oh, I just remembered. How does Lutai (9th) and Voronov (13th) get Russia 3 qualifiers for the Olys?

Does the Olys qualifications have a different system than that of the ISU?

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Oh, I just remembered. How does Lutai (9th) and Voronov (13th) get Russia 3 qualifiers for the Olys?

Does the Olys qualifications have a different system than that of the ISU?
    Russia doesn't have three spots in men it has 2.

Ant

Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    Russia doesn't have three spots in men it has 2.

Ant
    Whoops. Fool that a I am. I was reading the Pairs.

I'm curious about the pairs qualifications.. who did actually qualify (the top 12)? and who is going to skate for the qualifications in Nebelhorn and how many spots are available? The only nations that I have in mind now are Poland, Italy, Switzerland .. and?
    Last edited by eleonora.d; 07-12-2009 at 04:13 PM.

Custom Title
    Yeah; did Kevin van der Perren qualify already? Or does he still need to do Nebelhorn or something?

Custom Title
    Kevin qualified, he placed high enough at Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by eleonora.d View Post
    I'm curious about the pairs qualifications.. who did actually qualify (the top 12)? and who is going to skate for the qualifications in Nebelhorn and how many spots are available? The only nations that I have in mind now are Poland, Italy, Switzerland .. and?
    This chart I found on-line should answer the Nebelhorn part of your question: http://sites.google.com/site/figures...-qualification

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast