Olympic Qualifiers? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Olympic Qualifiers?

Eevun

Final Flight
WHAT??? :eek: :mad: Is this a new rule? They did send Koffe to the 2006 Olympics, and I'm pretty sure they didn't consider him to be a Top 8 finisher in those days.

No, or they were very fooled! I think that was a "watch-and-learn"-ticket. Now they seem to have risen the level real high! "With great power comes great responsibility" or something.
The press chef of SOK is my neighbour. He's coming over here next week and then he'll be dealing with me and my furious questions. To be continued...

I am also happy for Brezina, During Verner's freeskate I was imagining Brezina, how he probably realised with every jump Verner rotated and landed - that the Olympics will become reality for him.
Oh happy day to be able to watch a skater more in tune with music than tricks, but in Michal's case, the tricks are also there. I'll bet he is in the last two groups to skate the LP where if he doesn't podium, he will be top 10.

Oh, I just remembered. How does Lutai (9th) and Voronov (13th) get Russia 3 qualifiers for the Olys?

Does the Olys qualifications have a different system than that of the ISU?

antmanb

Record Breaker
Oh, I just remembered. How does Lutai (9th) and Voronov (13th) get Russia 3 qualifiers for the Olys?

Does the Olys qualifications have a different system than that of the ISU?

Russia doesn't have three spots in men it has 2.

Ant

eleonora.d

On the Ice
I'm curious about the pairs qualifications.. who did actually qualify (the top 12)? and who is going to skate for the qualifications in Nebelhorn and how many spots are available? The only nations that I have in mind now are Poland, Italy, Switzerland .. and?

Last edited:

Trewyn

Medalist
Yeah; did Kevin van der Perren qualify already? Or does he still need to do Nebelhorn or something?

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
1. Did Kevin van de Perren qualify, or did Belgium qualify for one spot (which will likely go to him)?

2. Can a nation qualify more than one skater for the Olympics at Nebelhorn?