Dance - Free | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Dance - Free

casken

On the Ice
Crone/Poirier

Perfect twizzles - difficult positions
Smoooooth, but a bit slow on footwork - maybe wobbly from him on the exit of the circular?
Nice dance spin - creative positions
good lifts
A fully choreographed FD, nicely performed, but not as good as TEB where I loved it.

amateur

Final Flight
Crone/Poirier are so utterly charming! I see improvement in this past few months - rotational elemeents/spins strong, and had a certain command and ease on the ice

Tigger

Final Flight
What a great skate for them! They have huge potential...I can't wait to see what they do in the coming years!

I know!! Both us and the US are so scary deep in Dance right now. Which is fantastic!!

Speaking of young teams...I was impressed w/what I saw of the Hubbells at US Nats. Looking forward to seeing what they do in the coming years.

casken

On the Ice
Fraser/Lukanin

One of the nicer ones I've seen from them, but after C&P the step sequences seemed so clunky and mechanical. Outside of that it was smooth and elegant performance.

Wow, lower score than Blanc-Bouquet. Something on the TES.

kappa_1

On the Ice
That the Israeli team is skating to Jesus Christ Superstar is wrought with irony. I love every minute of it!

gru

Rinkside
I'm kinda sad about F&Lukanin, but at least we've finished with Morozov's teams

Gymfan15

On the Ice
That the Israeli team is skating to Jesus Christ Superstar is wrought with irony. I love every minute of it!

So I'm not the only one who noticed that. :laugh: That was a nice routine, though...don't care for that musical in particular, but it's always nice to see musical theater in general in ice dance. Remember that French couple who skated to Les Miserables at last Olympics? Won't forget that one anytime soon...

casken

On the Ice
Zaretski's

I really see the influence of Galit on them, especially Alexandra. Very aggressive performance, but some rough parts of the footwork. Too many stop/start points in the middle of the program.

Technically and presentation wise weaker than C&P.

Last edited:

MissCleo

On the Ice
Lucky for you a "Evita" mix is next. Pechalat/Bourzat did les miserables at the olys. i believe that Nathalie was wearing a scarf/headband or something that kept falling over her eyes. I think she just pulled around her neck to keep it from falling again :)

Gymfan15

On the Ice
Huh...this program is billed as Evita, and it certainly has some elements of it, but most of the music I'm hearing so far is definitely NOT Evita. :laugh:

ETA: Yeah, I remember the headband thing! Coulda used a few more hairpins, I guess. I had a flashback to that when Tanith and Ben were skating yesterday and I was hoping really hard that Tanith's tam wasn't going to come flying off!

DaveT

On the Ice
Huh...this program is billed as Evita, and it certainly has some elements of it, but most of the music I'm hearing so far is definitely NOT Evita. :lol:

It's Requiem for a Dream - did you not know Evita was strung out on the junk?

Gymfan15

On the Ice
No idea; I've actually never heard any of Evita's music except for Don't Cry for Me, Argentina, obviously. I'm definitely familiar with Requim; I did a montage to that song a looong time ago, :laugh:.