Dance - Free | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Dance - Free

casken

On the Ice
Z/V Ukraine

It wouldn't be an ice dance event without Carmen
They were a bit hit and miss too. Biiiig circular step and nice opening lift, but slow and awkward in other places. Some nice choreographic moments, but generic and forgettable in others.

Mallory and Rand were still the best so far for me, but Z/V get a whopping +5 on PCS over them.

Hermann's were ok, but once music from the Mask comes on I kind of blank out, so not much details. Sorry.

Last edited:

lmarie086

Medalist
Didn't the Reeds have a R&J FD earlier this season? If I'm remembering correctly, I like this a lot better, from what I can see.

casken

On the Ice
Reeds

Another generic operatic vocal set to a dance beat. Didn't these go out of style in the early 2000's?

The program got better in terms of commitment to the performance as it went on, but those last two lifts were quite wobbly.

Very generic Morozov lower level team choreography.

Again I don't really get the spread on the PCS between the top two and M/R.

Last edited:

A.H.Black

Final Flight
I quite liked the Carmen. I even liked the costumes - a little too much gold on his. I also liked the Reeds. Much better than the Japanese dance team that skated to a vocal version of Swan Lake a few years ago.

As for Universal - Make sure you aren't using Firefox - use explorer. Also try the video help link at the top of the page. It can help.

BBI*CEO

On the Ice
NICE to see such improvement from them despite his injuries = good job Reeds!

any guesses as to how long it will be until the final flight?

Last edited:

beep_beep

Medalist
Boy, I'm done with generic FDs with Safina music...

On the good side, whatever it is that was living in Verbillo's hair, seems to have left. Her dress is nice too...

lmarie086

Medalist
Thank you A.H. Black! It still freezes, but much better than what I had before. Thanks again!

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Thank you A.H. Black! It still freezes, but much better than what I had before. Thanks again!

It was freezing earlier today during Ladies SP as well. Make sure you clear your cache. I think the problem is with explorer as much as it is with NBC being busy.

casken

On the Ice
The camera guy loves Poirier.

It's cute to see the lower level skaters chatting with each other while waiting to get on the ice. No death stares. :laugh:

Gymfan15

On the Ice
I agree...it's so refreshing to see the couples laughing and having fun instead of being so stressed out. Competition doesn't mean you have to look and be miserable.

lmarie086

Medalist
Thank you Tesla. That keeps freezing as well. I think it's mostly my bad internet connection-I only have one bar.
I'll just keep both open :laugh:

Thank you both for being so helpful!

Tigger

Final Flight
Czech team was hit and miss. Some really nice lifts and nice circular step, but weak on the twizzles, straight line step, and one lift was almost a disaster. They remind me a bit of Cappalleni&Lanotte

And when will skaters/coachers/choreographers going to stop using "Chess"? It never lends itself to skating.

Oh, I don't know...I've always thought that Anthem could make a really kick *** Exhibition program for one of the guys out there for years now.

What I would like to know is...Was my ears deceiving me, or did I hear Josh Groban's voice there at one point. He did Chess on Broadway and rumours are there's an album due this spring.

Him doing Anthem,,,Sigh!!! :)

Okay....Here we go....GO VANESSA AND PAUL!!!!

Tigger

Final Flight
Okay...That just could not have been four and a half minutes long. It was...so...so...so....Ooooooh!!!

Great job Vanessa and Paul!! That was just lovely. :)

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Lovely number. For some reason the beginning made me think of the old Perry Como show - Dream Along With Me. I think a Perry Como medley would make a fun OD or Free Dance for a couple with some imagination.