Dance - Free | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Dance - Free

rain

Record Breaker
Wow, that's about as close as you can get for bronze. I'll be in the minority, but I'm happy for V/M. This season, however, I think is significant for D/W as it has put them firmly in the top tier of skaters, rather than the next rung down.

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
I had a feeling that D/W would beat V/M in the FS, but still be behind them overall.

I have a sinking feeling that D/S will win this :disapp:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Funny you mention that, I don't knwo if you were referring to the actual skate or after, because "after" there was a moment when I felt just like you mention, that it wasn't "them".

So sad that D/W are in third after that skate!!

I think all of it is a very sedated team. and I don't think it's because of his injury keeping them off the ice. I think it's this whole new look they feel they need to stay competitive...

there's just no Tanith and Ben fun loving enjoy the dance this year...

I mean I don't mind the mature look, I loved their FD last year (I swear it was not even close to 4 minutes at nationals... it was that WOW) but it was still very much THEM.

Gymfan15

On the Ice
A lot of people have said that Tanith and Ben's FD this season was too "heavy" for them, and I can see where they're coming from. Hopefully next season they can find a happy medium between lighthearted and dramatic that works for them.

oxade21

Match Penalty
That was really good, no matter what a "tiny here, little there" Tracy is talking about.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I have a feeling the new training partners aren't as close as TanBen's former training partners and they were ;)

casken

On the Ice
Twizzles - diffcult
Big aggressive circular sequence - a bit far apart at time though
Great Lift!
Dificult curve lift
ok -spin
Detailed but slower sl step sequence
ok rot lift
Another good lift
I love how they move outside the elements
Difficult lift

I don't know, it was better than I expected and I was very impressed at times. More detail in this program and I love how they do the choreography, but it fell off a bit at times.

beep_beep

Medalist
D/S lifts were amazing...
They were slow, well the music kinda allows that. I guess, I saw some footwork problems and the pair spin.
But it was GOOD, very good.

LeCygne

Final Flight
Oh jesus, Meryl & Charlie were amazing!! I loved their performance so much. Beautiful costumes, beautiful program, beautiful choreography. Just amazing. I can't believe they're behind Virtue & Moir.

jettasian

Match Penalty
Is it just me or what. I do NOT like any of the dances. I find they are all doing lifts and posts instead of DANCE. They just skate, make crazy lift, then skate to another corner, make another crazy lift. The "DANCE" element is not there anymore.

TCAngel18

Medalist
when i think of spartacus, i think of klimova and ponomarenkos pro program, so any other seems less than that to me....maybe its just me...

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So far I would rank the free dance: 1. Davis/White, 2. Virtue/Moir, 3. Domnina/Shabalin, 4. Belbin/Agosto.

I have to say I agree with the judges having Oksana & Maxim ahead of Tanith & Ben. The right team wins, IMO.