Dance - Free | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Dance - Free

turtle

On the Ice
I wonder how long I can stay awake tonight... I'm just so tired after watching ladies all day..

casken

On the Ice
Budner/Moscicki

James Bond music

Smoother and faster than Chinese on footwork
Off on twizzles
Nice lifts but they tend to lose speed
Certainly a better choreographed/interpreted FD than the Chinese, but some miscues

Potentially a good team for Poland down the line

Not even close on scores... two teams in and already I'm disagreeing with the judges lol.

gru

Rinkside
ha-ha the estonian couple
When she come out on the ice I thought it was Klimova, and when the music started it was clear

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
I am loving the NBC Sports webstream at

http://ww.channelsurfing.net

I am so grateful to NBC for this!

No commentators, just the loudspeaker announcements; it's like being at live skating :biggrin: --except you can get into the bathroom, and you don't have to get on line for food, or choose between food and the bathroom because there is not enough time for both lines lolololol

ETA: Yes, the Chinese couple is with Shpilband. I liked them, even though my concentration is not at full, yet.

Last edited:

A.H.Black

Final Flight
It doesn't seem like the skating quality suffers as much at the bottom level of dance as it does in the other disciplines. But then, maybe I don't know what I'm watching.

casken

On the Ice
Mallory/Rand

Almost the same cuts of Air/Toccata that K/P used.
Great flow and partnering on the circular steps - no grabbing or pulling at eachother that a lot of teams do
Smooooooth!
Nice lifts - She has wonderful style
Off on twizzles

Second half wasn't quite as good, but overall I thought that was excellent for a 21st place team.I don't know if it's the Bach music and the way her hair is just wild and free but she gives me Klimova vibes.

That was a Sphilband program??? Wow.

lutzskate

On the Ice
Phillipa looks old and doudy with that bleach blonde hair and that dress. She needs a makeover.

casken

On the Ice
Towler-Greene - Poole

Definitely looked clunkier after M/R
Second half of the program got better, but mostly because the music picked up and they were mostly doing lifts.

Blanc - Bouquet are in the next group! :love:

I hope there new FD is good because I LOVED the original one and am pissed that they were forced to change it.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
I think the Klimova vibe was at least partly because of the hair, because she reminded me of Klimova, too.

casken

On the Ice
Ok, I love B&B, but that program was a letdown. The first one was so perfectly choreographed and this looked slapped together from bits and pieces of past FD's. They didn't even skate it technically as well as the FD at Nationals.

I didn't even like the weird version of "It's a Man's World" as much as the weird version of "Let the Sunshine In" they used a few season back.

Stupid French Fed. This actually really pissed me off.

casken

On the Ice
Czech team was hit and miss. Some really nice lifts and nice circular step, but weak on the twizzles, straight line step, and one lift was almost a disaster. They remind me a bit of Cappalleni&Lanotte

And when will skaters/coachers/choreographers going to stop using "Chess"? It never lends itself to skating.

lmarie086

Medalist
Anyone know how to get past that Nike commerical on universal? It's so annoying!

At this rate I definitely won't be watching until it all finds its way onto youtube.