Dance - Free | Page 26 | Golden Skate

Dance - Free

dancemaster

On the Ice
I ..
Bulgarian judge /QUOTE]
Hey BID Deal for your info
the Bulgarian judge would not care much for the Russians.they have been enemy's for a good many years.my guess she was helping B/A
Pitty the french must have gotten they numbers wrong i would have asked the min to have 3 spots at the Olympics
This women Alla must be a great women if she can do all this you say she can
I am sure the American President should invite such talent to work for is cabinet:biggrin::biggrin::rofl:

~tapdancer

On the Ice
Buttercup said:
Personally, until Meryl and Charlie learn how to better relate to the music they're skating to, I din't want them at the top of the podium.
To each his own and I know you don't care for D/W, but to say that just makes me shake my head in wonder. Their OD was full of expression and relating to the music..to me they were the very picture of a young 20s couple out on the town, dancing the Charleston. The expression in their FD was amazing and got better every time they skated it. I admire very much the opinions of Kurt Browning and he said (at 4CC) that ice dancers always try to get out there and relate to each other and to the music and sometimes it can be overdone but in the case of Meryl and Charlie, he said "I bought it", he thought their romantic expression was very well done.

I know I'm completely in D/W's camp, but I think they relate to the music wonderfully and it's only going to get better as they continue to mature. And I can't wait for them to be at the top of the podium.:clap:

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I wonder whether K&N had been informed before the competition that they were being tossed overboard? Their paso reeked of the same kind of defiance as Surya Bonaly's Olympic back flip.

K&N so did not skate as they did when they won Euros.
I think they did. Linichuk is very close to Alla Shehovtseva, Russia's international ice dancing judge and the wife of Piseev. Linichuk has even kept en eye on Piseev Jr, who is at the University of Delaware where she coaches. The theory goes that Shehovtseva would support D&S and to a lesser extent B&A over everyone else (before this goes anywhere, nobody is saying either B&A or even USFSA have been at all involved, just Mrs. Linichuk), including, yes, supporting B&A over K&N.

Big Deal

Final Flight
Dear Dancemaster!
Did you forget, who is the President of the Bulgarian Federation? She is Denkova.

Could you remember who was her coach during her 2 World Gold competition?
Linichuk.

What kind of enemities are you talk about???

Now that D/S have gotten their Gold, it is K/N's turn now to get Gold for the Olys. (just a little variation on a theme - No?)

dancemaster

On the Ice
Dear Dancemaster!
Did you forget, who is the President of the Bulgarian Federation? She is Denkova.

Could you remember who was her coach during her 2 World Gold competition?
Linichuk.

What kind of enemities are you talk about???
Well i do know both very well

do you known who Denkova competed against and maybe who stopped her getting a few more medals?

Besides Linichuck need to support two teams , so having a judge for B/A may have worked well:rofl:

LaLola

On the Ice
I just saw the FD press conference and it really breaks my heart to see Tanith so sad. She looks like she is going to cry every minute. I've never seen her so distressed in an inteview before, she had to force out a small smile. :(

boggartlaura

On the Ice
I just saw the FD press conference and it really breaks my heart to see Tanith so sad. She looks like she is going to cry every minute. I've never seen her so distressed in an inteview before, she had to force out a small smile. :(

Where did you see the press conference?

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I know I'm completely in D/W's camp, but I think they relate to the music wonderfully and it's only going to get better as they continue to mature. And I can't wait for them to be at the top of the podium.:clap:
I tried, I really have, but all I see is two good looking people who skate very fast (and technically well). Which is very good in itself, but not what I'm looking for. I'm just not seeing what you're seeing. But as you wrote, to each his own. And if I ever do feel that Meryl and Charlie are good at interpreting their music in addition to what they already bring to the ice, then I'll be more than happy to see them rewarded for it.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
World 2010 and beyond should prove to be very interesting. B/A have already said they will retire after Vancouver, and likely DomShabs (who will be 25 and 28), DelShoes (31 and 32) and maybe the Kerrs (31 and 29) and Faiella/Scali (28 and 29) will do so either after the Olympics or 2010 Worlds.

It'll be a whole new ballgame then. The top Russians will be K/N and we may see them zoom to the top of the pack just on that basis. They will be 24 and 28 in 2010, so I don't see them staying in through Sochi (but you never know). D/W will be the top US team, V/M the top Canadians, P/B the top French and C/L the top Italians.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
It'll be a whole new ballgame then. The top Russians will be K/N and we may see them zoom to the top of the pack just on that basis. They will be 24 and 28 in 2010, so I don't see them staying in through Sochi (but you never know). D/W will be the top US team, V/M the top Canadians, P/B the top French and C/L the top Italians.
I'm not sure P/B will stick around until 2014. They'll definitely stay past the Olympic season, but in the past Nathalie said she wasn't sure about staying on until Sochi, and Fabian will be 29 at Vancouver 2010 (Nathalie will be 26). The other teams are a bit younger so I imagine they'll stay for the full Olympic cycle. Throw in S/B as well, because they certainly won't finish out of the top ten next year, and the Zaretskis if they improve their choreo.

The US has some really good junior teams that will likely start transitioning to seniors, I wonder what they'll do with all those ice dancers? They can't send everyone to Worlds! The top Russian junior team has apparently split (the ones who won bronze at JW), does anyone know if there are any young Russian teams on the horizon?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The US has some really good junior teams that will likely start transitioning to seniors, I wonder what they'll do with all those ice dancers? They can't send everyone to Worlds! The top Russian junior team has apparently split (the ones who won bronze at JW), does anyone know if there are any young Russian teams on the horizon?

The US younger teams are Chock / Zuerlein, the Hubbells, the Shibutanis and Gilles / Donohue. The Shibutanis won't be eligible for Worlds until the 2010-2011 season.

Of the Russians, the most promising from last season IMO were Riazanova / Guerreiro, but they have split, and Riazanova has been teamed with Senior ice dancer Ilia Tkachenko. The other young teams from this past season weren't nearly as good: Pushkash / Kiselev (16,19), Antipova / Kudashev (16, 18), Monko / Khaliavin (17, 18), Sinitsina / Zhiganshin (16, 16), Zenkova / Sinitsin (14, 16). Another promising couple, Telegina / Adoniev, have also split.