Dance - Free | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Dance - Free

casken

On the Ice
And the award for most ridiculous combination of music goes to ...

Copely/Stagniunas

Why oh why do skaters/coaches insist on butchering "Requiem for a Dream" by combining it with other unrelated music? There is so much good music on that soundtrack that you could make 5 different FDs.

Whatever, the program was ok. They almost lost the spin at the end. Generic Sphilband/Zueva lower level team choreography that unfortunately isn't that much different from their upper level team work.

madibe

On the Ice
I've never quite "gotten" the program from Emily and Evan, but man are they great skaters.

london_calling

On the Ice
Wonderful skate from Samuelson & Bates!

I fear for them, I think they have one those coaches that insists on choreographing all their skaters' programs. So no hope of them looking for an outside choreography who could help them grow and develop. I've noticed S&B's coaches tend to pick bland & boring music for their teams.

Gymfan15

On the Ice
Lovely program for Evan and Emily! Boy are they fast...so nice to see after so many couples who seem to just crawl across the ice...urg. Skills looked great!

beep_beep

Medalist
S/B's program is soooo generic, altough very well skated.
I'm not a huge fan of too much storytelling, but this is too much.
And that music...:banging:

casken

On the Ice
Samuelson/Bates

Technically strong, superb line and unison, but this program does nothing for them.
Music goes nowhere and choreography is generic with a capitol G.

They need new choreographers next year because they are so much better than the material.

It'll be interesting how this stacks up against C&P.

Gymfan15

On the Ice
I'm seeing a lot of...unusual outfits in this next group...wonder what kind of routines they go to?

Gymfan15

On the Ice
Haven't you seen them earlier this season?

This is the first competition I've watched since, what, the Olympics? Lack of interest, I guess. But Tanith and Ben had to suck me back in... :laugh: It's funny. I never used to like ice dancing and men's skating as a rule, but now it's the only two evens I'm truly interested in right now. I'm actually starting to get excited for the Olympics, believe it or not.

missysays

On the Ice
So happy for Emily and Evan what a great skate and what a great competition experience all around for their first Worlds.

I agree with everyone else- they need more accessible music. I was watching them and wondering what they could have done with a program like Crone and Poirier's FD- they would have shot up the standings even more than they have.

They have such a solid base- wonderful technique, and gorgeous to die for body lines. Now, all they need are some non-generic music and they could take be a major threat. I mean just look at how they were able to portray and sell their OD. I'm always so impressed with how they're able to portray different musical characters and Evan especially is so outgoing on the ice- just really draws you in. They both do.