Ladies LP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP

ks777

Record Breaker
Cynthia will probably make it! But I think the gold is set... ( Yu-Na Kim ) and the battle for silver will be bigger as it's either Mao or Rochette... I think Mao will probably win with 2 Triple Axel:laugh: but you never know!!

I have a feelings that Miki will be on the podium..

icyboid

Rinkside
Don't count out Kostner...considering she scored as high as she did with two botched jumps and no 3-3, she could move up even with a shaky skate.

Wrlmy

Medalist
Mao has been rock solid with 3A in practices. Not including 3z in the long is a plus. This will be like GPF'07, except we have Joannie here. Miki will have to ditch 3-3 and focus on rotating 2a-3t if she wants to medal. That way, she still has 7 triples and a 2a planned, which can still compete with Joannie's layout. I believe Miki will place at least 4th.
I'm still confused whopping five points separate Carolina with two mistakes and clean Fumie. Seems like weak spins will cost Fumie here just like it did in Turin.

PROKOFIEV

On the Ice
The one jaejang2001 posted doesn't even count revolutions correctly. :rofl:

I just love how because Yu-Na's the best skater in the world, an entire nation thinks they're technical experts just because they have video editing softwrare.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::

goldenpleasures

On the Ice
Don't count out Kostner...considering she scored as high as she did with two botched jumps and no 3-3, she could move up even with a shaky skate.

Kostner has very high levels on the spins, spirals and footwork, and that's the reason her TES is good even when she makes jump mistakes. Her presentation in the SP was also excellent.

Having said that, I don't think she'll medal tonight.

A.H.Black

Final Flight
My biggest hope for this evening is that this particular board will be as pleasant and fun as the Free Dance board was last night. I had a ball. Almost everyone saved their "warmer" comments till the skating was over.

I hope everyone loves watching all the skating. Isn't skating wonderful?

Gymfan15

On the Ice
It is! Last night was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed my first time posting on this forum. Here's to a repeat performance tonight, with a lot of (good!) memorable moments in it.

DarkestMoon

On the Ice

I just love how because Yu-Na's the best skater in the world, an entire nation thinks they're technical experts just because they have video editing softwrare.

:rock:

So true. And to think a Korean reporter actually showed Manon Perron videos on how Joannie isn't jumping with the right technique. Um, wut?

I know Miki said she isn't going for the quad and I think it's because she's probably sore from practicing it. I hope she does as a way of laying down the chips and declaring that she's not backing off, despite how she gets hit by the judges. BTW, I know from the practice reports that Miki added her own moves to her program. Was it to the FS? If so, I'm excited. I'm not a Miki fan but I love to see what skaters do for their own programs.

bekalc

Record Breaker
I have a feelings that Miki will be on the podium..

Yeah... I alternate between feelings that Mao's going to skate kick butt and win the long program at least.

And then feelings of Mao's going to have some real issues ...

I don't know about Miki it's all about rotations with her. I will say this it's pretty clear that Mao/Yu-na, Rochette, Miki, and Kostner are the five best skaters in the world and the medals next year (unless people really improve) are really between those 5.

Particle Man

Match Penalty
Mao might top Joannie, but it will be a fight. I definitely think Rachael could make top 6 with a good skate, and I'd love to see that. I'm afraid for Alissa, I think there's too much pressure on her, she can't deal with it and she might just crumble. I mean, that 2A in the short... o_O I still can't get over that. If she doesn't get some good advice and figure out how to relax... :cry:

And if Alissa bombs this FS, I get the feeling she might just throw in the towel, take her Nationals Gold and move on from competitive skating. So, tonight could actually be the last time we see her compete...

Norpido

Match Penalty
Yea I think Asada's FS will rock. I saw her performance in the Grand Prix final and it was fantastic. That music is heavy.

I also hope Miki can make a splash.

I still can't believe Yukari isn't here. She has to be one of the cutest.

pokky_oc

On the Ice
Mao has been rock solid with 3A in practices. Not including 3z in the long is a plus. This will be like GPF'07, except we have Joannie here. Miki will have to ditch 3-3 and focus on rotating 2a-3t if she wants to medal. That way, she still has 7 triples and a 2a planned, which can still compete with Joannie's layout. I believe Miki will place at least 4th.
I'm still confused whopping five points separate Carolina with two mistakes and clean Fumie. Seems like weak spins will cost Fumie here just like it did in Turin.

OK, first no one can't do a triple triple with loop as a second jump without pre-rotating at least 1/4 turn so basically Mao's triple triple was clean last night:laugh:

I'm more exited for Mao then Yu-Na in FS!! C'mon 2 Triple Axel and a Triple + Triple how much better can you get:bow::laugh::clap: but still yu-na will take the gold unless something happens to her i. e. Under-rotate, popped at least 3 jumps... which WILL not happen... Yu-Na will break the 200.00 points barrier while Mao will take the silver... Bronze should be awarded to either Joannie or Miki:laugh:

R.D.

Record Breaker
And if Alissa bombs this FS, I get the feeling she might just throw in the towel, take her Nationals Gold and move on from competitive skating. So, tonight could actually be the last time we see her compete...

You know, I never thought about it like that. That would really be too bad for her. I'm not sure she'd want to end her competitive career on such a sour note, however. Gee, it actually makes me a little sad thinking about it.

pokky_oc

On the Ice
You know, I never thought about that. That would really be too bad for her. I'm not sure she'd want to end her competitive career on such a sour note, however. Gee, it actually makes me a little sad thinking about it.

I doubt it'll be Alissa's last competitive skating... but it could be her last worlds:no::cry:

the us team for olympics will be like ( if usa get 3 places )

rachel flatt
caroline zhang
mirai nagasu

she'll skate next season as she is one of the most graceful skater out there:clap::laugh::p:love:

flying camel

Medalist
I'm hoping Alissa has a good skate just for her confidence. She looked so sad last night. I would like to see her finish the night feeling good about her performance.

pokky_oc

On the Ice
I'm hoping Alissa has a good skate just for her confidence. She looked so sad last night. I would like to see her finish the night feeling good about her performance.

i do too:laugh: she is so beautiful on ice:p:love::bow: i want her to get in to the top 10 at least!:love: