Ladies LP | Golden Skate

Ladies LP

kandidy

Final Flight
A bit early, but the order of tomorrow's LP orders has been released.

http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc2009/SEG004.HTM

LP's order
Group 1
1 Ana Cecilia CANTU MEX
24 41.58
2 Kerstin FRANK AUT
23 43.20
3 Candice DIDIER FRA
19 50.16
4 Jenna MCCORKELL GBR
21 45.52
5 Tugba KARADEMIR TUR
22 44.24
6 Anna JURKIEWICZ POL
20 45.60

Group 2
7 Na-Young KIM KOR
17 51.50
8 Annette DYTRT GER
18 51.04
9 Cynthia PHANEUF CAN
15 53.14
10 Ivana REITMAYEROVA SVK
16 52.98
11 Alissa CZISNY USA
14 53.28
12 Elena GLEBOVA EST
13 55.90

Group3
13 Fumie SUGURI JPN
9 58.40
14 Susanna PヨYKIヨ FIN
12 57.12
15 Sarah MEIER SUI
10 58.36
16 Elene GEDEVANISHVILI GEO
8 58.82
17 Alena LEONOVA RUS
11 58.18
18 Rachael FLATT USA
7 59.3

Group4

19 Mao ASADA JPN
3 66.06
20 Joannie ROCHETTE CAN
2 67.90
21 Miki ANDO JPN
4 64.12
22 Yu-Na KIM KOR
1 76.12
23 Carolina KOSTNER ITA
5 63.18
24 Laura LEPISTヨ FIN
6 59.66

Gymfan15

On the Ice
No comments on the final group as I think it's fairly obvious who will win, draw or not, but I will note that Rachel Flatt got the best possible position to skate in for her group...hopefully that will help her and Alissa out in getting the US the spots they need.

DarkestMoon

On the Ice
It looks like a good spot for Rachael, not sure about Alissa.

It's frustrating to watch Alissa. I sympathize for her but I don't understand how after seeing a sports psychologist didn't help. Look what it did for Joannie! She was doing "well" in the grand prix because as she said, she didn't care about winning anymore, just having fun. It makes me wonder, did winning Nationals dawn on her that there are responsibilities and it's not just fun?

I certainly don't want to blame her. The organization, had it been more like Canada or Japan, should have making sure Alissa was making progress in her practices even before worlds. She has so much potential but I really can't understand why, with all the coaches she has, that results aren't coming. I'm sure she's not one of those skaters who are meh about practice because they're so talented ala Bobek.

screech

Final Flight
Joannie has a great position IMO. Yes, she has to follow Mao, but she's before the other main medal contendors so she doesn't have as much pressure. Plus, the 10 minutes after the warm up is just enough time to relax and not have to keep yourself focused for an hour.

Miki has an awesome start order too. I wonder if she'll go for the quad.

And GO CYNTHIA!

screech

Final Flight
Oxade21, though I don't agree with you on a lot of points (like Patrick's skating), your signature did make me snicker.

oxade21

Match Penalty
Oxade21, though I don't agree with you on a lot of points (like Patrick's skating), your signature did make me snicker.

I know that's the point. Sorry but I found it hilariously arrogant and ignorant demonstration of Canadian Skating Federation. I am not even blaming him.

Dipyramidal

On the Ice
I had the feeling of Yu-na kim getting huge scores in the SP, and it happened.
I have a feeling that Mao will get a FP score of 135+ with 2 3A and 3-3.... I just have a feeling it'll happen.

ks777

Record Breaker
Joannie has a great position IMO. Yes, she has to follow Mao, but she's before the other main medal contendors so she doesn't have as much pressure. Plus, the 10 minutes after the warm up is just enough time to relax and not have to keep yourself focused for an hour.

Miki has an awesome start order too. I wonder if she'll go for the quad.

And GO CYNTHIA!
Miki said she wouldn't go for the quad.

skate4ever

Rinkside
I have a feeling that Mao will get a FP score of 135+ with 2 3A and 3-3.... I just have a feeling it'll happen.

I know Yu-na's been having problems with her LP, but let's remember that she does hold the world record for her performace in 2007 Cup of Russia: 133.7

And since Mao has always been stronger in her LP, it's going to be an exciting skate-off tomorrow, not just between Yu-na and Mao but including Joannie, Miki and Carolina

bekalc

Record Breaker

Hey, Maybe Mao will (you never know) but I'm not so sure she has 10 points higher in base value than Yu-na. And her 3/3 is a lot shakier than Kim's too....I think it will be up to how Yu-na skates in the end.

screech

Final Flight
Don't forget Joannie has been pretty rock solid in the LP this year (knock on wood) so she could still be a bit of a factor if she brings it... Though I'm predicting a Yu-Na, Mao, Joannie podium (in that order).

I think it is possible for Alissa to come back with a free skate that she can be proud of. She really has nothing to lose; maybe she will able just to go out there and skate.

The only thing holding her back is plain stage fright.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Does anyone actually think Yu Na can lose this one? :rofl: that's a good one :indiff:

The biggest drawback of the NJS is that it sucks the drama right out of the event when it's so far apart like this. (Not that there was much in the first place, mind you) If you want a close competition what's the point of tuning in now?

I think it is possible for Alissa to come back with a free skate that she can be proud of. She really has nothing to lose; maybe she will able just to go out there and skate.

Knock on wood, cross fingers, skate gods hear this out!!!! You've smacked her down already, now let her get back up.

Last edited:

bekalc

Record Breaker
The biggest drawback of the NJS is that it sucks the drama right out of the event when it's so far apart like this. (Not that there was much in the first place, mind you) If you want a close competition what's the point of tuning in now?

I see that but I also think it 's the fairest part of NJS. In 6.0 there was really no benefit to doing a 3/3 in the short program unless everyone was taking this risk. Yu na truly deserved her lead tonight.. Being able to get a lead in the short encourages people to take more risks...

beep_beep

Medalist
My prediction ?
By the time the FS starts (16 hours from now), this thread will have some 8 pages at least.

Go Cynthia !
Go Joannie !
Go Yu-Na ! (like she needs it...)
Go Alyssa !
Go Sarah !!!!!!!!!!!!
Go Cantu !!
Go Alena !!!
Go Fumie !

Last edited: