Ladies LP

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh my bad !!!
My sleep deprivation is catching up with me...off to edit
Thanks for the pointer

:laugh: Oh, I'm sleep deprived too . . . this week has been so rough sleep-wise for me, but so much fun too finally having skating to watch on tv. ;):)

Lucky Star

Final Flight
I hope Yu-Na will win (actually, I'm almost sure that she will) and Mao will be better in LP, they're both amazing and there's no chance for others when this 2 girls skates clean... I also wish Alena to have another strong and emotional performance like she had at Euros and Junior Worlds... I can hardly believe that she might not even go to Euros and Worlds, because she was only 5th at Russian Nationals... But our FS federation decided to make an exception for her and it was right decision... We are so proud of her!
Oh, and don't forget about Sarah Meier! I find her one of the most graceful and beautiful skaters and wish her good luck!

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I also wish Alena to have another strong and emotional performance like she had at Euros and Junior Worlds... I can hardly believe that she might not even go to Euros and Worlds, because she was only 5th at Russian Nationals... But our FS federation decided to make an exception for her and it was right decision... We are so proud of her!
Oh, and don't forget about Sarah Meier! I find her one of the most graceful and beautiful skaters and wish her good luck!

Yes! I am so proud of both the charming Alena Leonova & the graceful Sarah Meier! :bow::bow: Alena's gorgeous smile and joyful exuberance and energy make me :love: her personality. Sarah held up so well despite her injuries in the SP and I hope she continues to improve in the LP. I'd :love: to see both of them in the top 10! Leonova is going to be exciting to watch develop towards the 2014 Olympics.

pokky_oc

On the Ice
I know Yu-na's been having problems with her LP, but let's remember that she does hold the world record for her performace in 2007 Cup of Russia: 133.7

And since Mao has always been stronger in her LP, it's going to be an exciting skate-off tomorrow, not just between Yu-na and Mao but including Joannie, Miki and Carolina

Yep, exiting! But Mao's doubling on lutz will make her not try that in the FS! Mao's jump base value is still around 50 compare to Kim's 40 points that's if she rotate all her jumps... joannie well i don't know about her in the fs... and yu-na i think was over marked... should have been around 72.00 or maybe slightly higher... so basically kim will go over 200.00 with out trying.

pokky_oc

On the Ice
I had the feeling of Yu-na kim getting huge scores in the SP, and it happened.
I have a feeling that Mao will get a FP score of 135+ with 2 3A and 3-3.... I just have a feeling it'll happen.

yep, i want that to happen too but if yu-na gets over 125 then mao needs to get over 135... but you never know... i think 200+ score this year though... i think the podium is going to be 1. kim 2. asada 3. rochette

oh and judging isn't great this year... rachel flatt 59?? alissa cziny 53?? and yu-na kim 76?? joannie rochette 68? a bit weird... i prefer those strict judging system like last year in sweden...

ks777

Record Breaker
I don't think Yuna could lose now. I mean she is way ahead so she can relax and just do what she does in practice and she will win easily. For Yuna to lose, she would have to skate like Nancy Kerrigan in 1993 or Latitia Hubert at 1992 Olympics. I can't see her skating that badly. I want her to skate perfectly here and score around 140.

Kimmie Fan

On the Ice
I think it is possible for Alissa to come back with a free skate that she can be proud of. She really has nothing to lose; maybe she will able just to go out there and skate.

The only thing holding her back is plain stage fright.
Her LP during practice....scary stuff!
Alissa fans should prepare for the worst. :frown:

Particle Man

Match Penalty
For those who are interested, I decided to compile ISU season FS scores for each ladies skater, average them, then add to the current Worlds SP score, to produce predicted standings after the FS tomorrow. :laugh: Here's the top 16, by the numbers: (Sorry this table looks like crap in IE, looks good in Firefox though. Dang formatting...)

Code:
 	                    					WrldSP	FS-AVG	PREDtot
1  	Yu-Na KIM            		KOR  	76.12  	122.33	198.45	
2 	Joannie ROCHETTE     	CAN 	67.90 	119.56	187.46	
3 	Mao ASADA            		JPN 		66.06 	119.45	185.51	
4 	Carolina KOSTNER     	ITA 		63.18 	110.01	173.19	
5 	Miki ANDO            		JPN 		64.12 	108.34	172.46	
6 	Rachael FLATT        	USA 	59.30 	106.11	165.41	
7 	Fumie SUGURI         	JPN 		58.40 	105.75	164.15	
8 	Laura LEPISTÖ        	FIN 		59.66 	100.27	159.93	
9 	Alissa CZISNY        		USA 	53.28 	103.33	156.61	
10 	Susanna PÖYKIÖ       	FIN 		57.12 	96.18	153.30	
11 	Sarah MEIER          	SUI 		58.36 	94.21	152.57	
12 	Alena LEONOVA        	RUS 	58.18 	94.10	152.28	
13 	Cynthia PHANEUF      	CAN 	53.14 	94.09	147.23	
14	Elene GEDEVANISHVILI GEO 	58.82 	80.30	139.12	
15 	Elena GLEBOVA        	EST 	55.90 	82.43	138.33	
16 	Candice DIDIER       	FRA 	50.16 	87.29	137.45

See, SP doesn't matter that much, LOL. Lepisto & Suguri meltdown + everyone else season average = 13 points for US. :agree:

(Yep, still not really likely though... sigh. But let's see how close the prediction is. :rofl:)

Last edited:

Danale

On the Ice
Is there any live stream outside the US and Canada?
(Just in case I'll manage to wake up at 4am for the last two groups)

Gymfan15

On the Ice
Is there any live stream outside the US and Canada?
(Just in case I'll manage to wake up at 4am for the last two groups)

You can try this one; I believe it is Turkish TV and it has shown all of the Worlds live so far...I live in the US so I've been watching Universal Sports, but occasionally it will run too slow and they didn't show the OD at all, so I used this feed and it worked very well.

http://www.trt.net.tr/Canli/anasayfa.aspx?kanal=tv3&slv=0

gofigure79

Spectator
Okay I posted on the SP thread too.. but where can I get clips of the British Eurosport? I don't see anything on youtube. I love their commentaries!!

Norpido

Match Penalty
I don't wanna wish Yuna to fall down, but that is the only chance for Asada now. It's a pity. But I be happy for her if she wins just any medal.

Particle Man

Match Penalty
Her LP during practice....scary stuff!
Alissa fans should prepare for the worst. :frown:

Hmm, still that LP practice was before the SP even happened.

I'd like to know how Alissa does in the practice today. Might let us know whether or not to still have hope.

Errr wait. I don't think there's a practice today. Bleh.

Last edited:

Gymfan15

On the Ice
I tend to just automatically assume the worst, that way if the worst doesn't happen, it's a nice surprise. It's the only way my nerves have been able to survive five years of following gymnastics and figure skating. :laugh:

For those who are interested, I decided to compile ISU season FS scores for each ladies skater, average them, then add to the current Worlds SP score, to produce predicted standings after the FS tomorrow. :laugh: Here's the top 16, by the numbers:

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to be fairly close, except for Mao Asada. Her season average LP is low because of problems in the early part of the season that she has now overcome.

Go Elena Gedevanishvili, the Georgia Peach! :)

turtle

On the Ice
I don't wanna wish Yuna to fall down, but that is the only chance for Asada now. It's a pity. But I be happy for her if she wins just any medal.

As much as I want Joannie to win a silver, I have a feeling that Mao will end up ahead of Joannie in the end. Mao is a brilliant LP skater and hopefully she'll be better since the pressure is somewhat off. My personal wish is that Laura Lepisto will skate to her potential and win a medal but probably it is not going to happen.

Trewyn

Medalist
Anyone in my time zone (Brussels, Copenhagen) can tell me what time the last two warm up groups are on? I might consider waking up for them... But I'm so confused with the time difference AND the time change tonight.. Thanks!!

Danale

On the Ice
Trewyn, warmup group 3 should start at 18:00 in LA, which should be 3:00am CET (i.e. Belgium).