Page 2 of 82 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies LP

Down With It
    Does anyone actually think Yu Na can lose this one? that's a good one :indiff:

The biggest drawback of the NJS is that it sucks the drama right out of the event when it's so far apart like this. (Not that there was much in the first place, mind you) If you want a close competition what's the point of tuning in now?

I think it is possible for Alissa to come back with a free skate that she can be proud of. She really has nothing to lose; maybe she will able just to go out there and skate.
    Knock on wood, cross fingers, skate gods hear this out!!!! You've smacked her down already, now let her get back up.
    Last edited by R.D.; 03-28-2009 at 02:25 AM.

The biggest drawback of the NJS is that it sucks the drama right out of the event when it's so far apart like this. (Not that there was much in the first place, mind you) If you want a close competition what's the point of tuning in now?
    I see that but I also think it 's the fairest part of NJS. In 6.0 there was really no benefit to doing a 3/3 in the short program unless everyone was taking this risk. Yu na truly deserved her lead tonight.. Being able to get a lead in the short encourages people to take more risks...

My prediction ?
    By the time the FS starts (16 hours from now), this thread will have some 8 pages at least.

Go Cynthia !
    Go Joannie !
    Go Yu-Na ! (like she needs it...)
    Go Alyssa !
    Go Sarah !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Go Cantu !!
    Go Alena !!!
    Go Fumie !
    Last edited by beep_beep; 03-28-2009 at 03:15 AM. Reason: Change hour counting, include Fumie

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beep_beep View Post
    My prediction ?
    By the time the FS starts (8 hours from now), this thread will have some 6 pages at least.
    8 hours from now? I count 16 hours from now for the start of the LP.

Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    8 hours from now? I count 16 hours from now for the start of the LP.
    Oh my bad !!!
    My sleep deprivation is catching up with me...off to edit
    Thanks for the pointer

Quote Originally Posted by beep_beep View Post
    Oh my bad !!!
    My sleep deprivation is catching up with me...off to edit
    Thanks for the pointer
    Oh, I'm sleep deprived too . . . this week has been so rough sleep-wise for me, but so much fun too finally having skating to watch on tv.

Custom Title
    I hope Yu-Na will win (actually, I'm almost sure that she will) and Mao will be better in LP, they're both amazing and there's no chance for others when this 2 girls skates clean... I also wish Alena to have another strong and emotional performance like she had at Euros and Junior Worlds... I can hardly believe that she might not even go to Euros and Worlds, because she was only 5th at Russian Nationals... But our FS federation decided to make an exception for her and it was right decision... We are so proud of her!
    Oh, and don't forget about Sarah Meier! I find her one of the most graceful and beautiful skaters and wish her good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
    I also wish Alena to have another strong and emotional performance like she had at Euros and Junior Worlds... I can hardly believe that she might not even go to Euros and Worlds, because she was only 5th at Russian Nationals... But our FS federation decided to make an exception for her and it was right decision... We are so proud of her!
    Oh, and don't forget about Sarah Meier! I find her one of the most graceful and beautiful skaters and wish her good luck!
    Yes! I am so proud of both the charming Alena Leonova & the graceful Sarah Meier! Alena's gorgeous smile and joyful exuberance and energy make me her personality. Sarah held up so well despite her injuries in the SP and I hope she continues to improve in the LP. I'd to see both of them in the top 10! Leonova is going to be exciting to watch develop towards the 2014 Olympics.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skate4ever View Post
    I know Yu-na's been having problems with her LP, but let's remember that she does hold the world record for her performace in 2007 Cup of Russia: 133.7

And since Mao has always been stronger in her LP, it's going to be an exciting skate-off tomorrow, not just between Yu-na and Mao but including Joannie, Miki and Carolina
    Yep, exiting! But Mao's doubling on lutz will make her not try that in the FS! Mao's jump base value is still around 50 compare to Kim's 40 points that's if she rotate all her jumps... joannie well i don't know about her in the fs... and yu-na i think was over marked... should have been around 72.00 or maybe slightly higher... so basically kim will go over 200.00 with out trying.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipyramidal View Post
    I had the feeling of Yu-na kim getting huge scores in the SP, and it happened.
    I have a feeling that Mao will get a FP score of 135+ with 2 3A and 3-3.... I just have a feeling it'll happen.
    yep, i want that to happen too but if yu-na gets over 125 then mao needs to get over 135... but you never know... i think 200+ score this year though... i think the podium is going to be 1. kim 2. asada 3. rochette

oh and judging isn't great this year... rachel flatt 59?? alissa cziny 53?? and yu-na kim 76?? joannie rochette 68? a bit weird... i prefer those strict judging system like last year in sweden...

I don't think Yuna could lose now. I mean she is way ahead so she can relax and just do what she does in practice and she will win easily. For Yuna to lose, she would have to skate like Nancy Kerrigan in 1993 or Latitia Hubert at 1992 Olympics. I can't see her skating that badly. I want her to skate perfectly here and score around 140.

mmmmm....Donut spin :) Kimmie Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I think it is possible for Alissa to come back with a free skate that she can be proud of. She really has nothing to lose; maybe she will able just to go out there and skate.

The only thing holding her back is plain stage fright.
    Her LP during practice....scary stuff!
    Alissa fans should prepare for the worst.

Banned
    For those who are interested, I decided to compile ISU season FS scores for each ladies skater, average them, then add to the current Worlds SP score, to produce predicted standings after the FS tomorrow. Here's the top 16, by the numbers: (Sorry this table looks like crap in IE, looks good in Firefox though. Dang formatting...)

Code:
     	                    					WrldSP	FS-AVG	PREDtot
    1  	Yu-Na KIM            		KOR  	76.12  	122.33	198.45	
    2 	Joannie ROCHETTE     	CAN 	67.90 	119.56	187.46	
    3 	Mao ASADA            		JPN 		66.06 	119.45	185.51	
    4 	Carolina KOSTNER     	ITA 		63.18 	110.01	173.19	
    5 	Miki ANDO            		JPN 		64.12 	108.34	172.46	
    6 	Rachael FLATT        	USA 	59.30 	106.11	165.41	
    7 	Fumie SUGURI         	JPN 		58.40 	105.75	164.15	
    8 	Laura LEPISTÖ        	FIN 		59.66 	100.27	159.93	
    9 	Alissa CZISNY        		USA 	53.28 	103.33	156.61	
    10 	Susanna PÖYKIÖ       	FIN 		57.12 	96.18	153.30	
    11 	Sarah MEIER          	SUI 		58.36 	94.21	152.57	
    12 	Alena LEONOVA        	RUS 	58.18 	94.10	152.28	
    13 	Cynthia PHANEUF      	CAN 	53.14 	94.09	147.23	
    14	Elene GEDEVANISHVILI GEO 	58.82 	80.30	139.12	
    15 	Elena GLEBOVA        	EST 	55.90 	82.43	138.33	
    16 	Candice DIDIER       	FRA 	50.16 	87.29	137.45
    See, SP doesn't matter that much, LOL. Lepisto & Suguri meltdown + everyone else season average = 13 points for US.

(Yep, still not really likely though... sigh. But let's see how close the prediction is. )
    Last edited by Particle Man; 03-28-2009 at 06:21 AM.

Custom Title
    Is there any live stream outside the US and Canada?
    (Just in case I'll manage to wake up at 4am for the last two groups)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmie Fan View Post
    Her LP during practice....scary stuff!
    Alissa fans should prepare for the worst.
    I hope not. I wonder where Brian was. I only saw Linda Leaver back stage. Alissa needs a pep talk.

Page 2 of 82 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 ... LastLast