Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies LP

Quote Originally Posted by Danale View Post
    Is there any live stream outside the US and Canada?
    (Just in case I'll manage to wake up at 4am for the last two groups)
    You can try this one; I believe it is Turkish TV and it has shown all of the Worlds live so far...I live in the US so I've been watching Universal Sports, but occasionally it will run too slow and they didn't show the OD at all, so I used this feed and it worked very well.

http://www.trt.net.tr/Canli/anasayfa...anal=tv3&slv=0

Custom Title
    Thanks Gymfan15!

Rinkside
    Okay I posted on the SP thread too.. but where can I get clips of the British Eurosport? I don't see anything on youtube. I love their commentaries!!

Banned
    I don't wanna wish Yuna to fall down, but that is the only chance for Asada now. It's a pity. But I be happy for her if she wins just any medal.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmie Fan View Post
    Her LP during practice....scary stuff!
    Alissa fans should prepare for the worst.
    Hmm, still that LP practice was before the SP even happened.

I'd like to know how Alissa does in the practice today. Might let us know whether or not to still have hope.

Errr wait. I don't think there's a practice today. Bleh.
    Last edited by Particle Man; 03-28-2009 at 01:52 PM.

I tend to just automatically assume the worst, that way if the worst doesn't happen, it's a nice surprise. It's the only way my nerves have been able to survive five years of following gymnastics and figure skating.

Quote Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
    For those who are interested, I decided to compile ISU season FS scores for each ladies skater, average them, then add to the current Worlds SP score, to produce predicted standings after the FS tomorrow. Here's the top 16, by the numbers:
    Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to be fairly close, except for Mao Asada. Her season average LP is low because of problems in the early part of the season that she has now overcome.

Go Elena Gedevanishvili, the Georgia Peach!

Quote Originally Posted by Norpido View Post
    I don't wanna wish Yuna to fall down, but that is the only chance for Asada now. It's a pity. But I be happy for her if she wins just any medal.
    As much as I want Joannie to win a silver, I have a feeling that Mao will end up ahead of Joannie in the end. Mao is a brilliant LP skater and hopefully she'll be better since the pressure is somewhat off. My personal wish is that Laura Lepisto will skate to her potential and win a medal but probably it is not going to happen.

Custom Title
    Anyone in my time zone (Brussels, Copenhagen) can tell me what time the last two warm up groups are on? I might consider waking up for them... But I'm so confused with the time difference AND the time change tonight.. Thanks!!

Custom Title
    Trewyn, warmup group 3 should start at 18:00 in LA, which should be 3:00am CET (i.e. Belgium).

Iam trying to figure out the times too. In Finland its 9 and with a time change 10 hours ahead, its going to be very late. Though since its Sunday tomorrow possible if i really want.
    I just wish Joannie will get a medal of any colour. Its about time for a Canadian lady.

Quote Originally Posted by Norpido View Post
    That won't be enough. Yuna would have to fall at least 2-3times and Mao woluld have to be perfect, landing 2 3axels and a 3/3 with no downgrade. I don't think it's doable. Mao's 3/3 isn't consistant enough, even in her SP, it looked ur to me.
    She's been having problems with her Lutz, Salcow..... If someone could skate clean, it would be Yuna and Joannie.

Trewyn, warmup group 3 should start at 18:00 in LA, which should be 3:00am CET (i.e. Belgium).
    So that must be 4am for me, later than i was thinking. I had been thinking its when it would be finishing. Time zone differences for this

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
    I'd like to know how Alissa does in the practice today. Might let us know whether or not to still have hope.
    Practice can be a very bad predictor for competition. I remember when I used to compete (no major events or anything, just small ones when I was younger), there were days I'd have a practice and then compete. I actually competed better AFTER a bad practice. Or a bad warm-up. It was good luck for me to skate bad right before a competition.

I know lots of other skaters cannot have performances predicted by practice.

Quote Originally Posted by figuristka View Post
    I just wish Joannie will get a medal of any colour. Its about time for a Canadian lady.
    21 years since a medal has been won. That's almost as long as our contender has been alive! Definitely time!

I am pretty sure that if you keep your clock as it is now the third group will start at 2 am(CET). At 2 am you put your clock to 3 am and loose one hour....but who cares if you can sleep on sunday morning.
    Last edited by snowflake; 03-28-2009 at 03:30 PM.

Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 ... LastLast