Ladies LP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP

figuristka

Medalist
Iam trying to figure out the times too. In Finland its 9 and with a time change 10 hours ahead, its going to be very late. Though since its Sunday tomorrow possible if i really want.
I just wish Joannie will get a medal of any colour. Its about time for a Canadian lady. :bow:

ks777

Record Breaker
I don't wanna wish Yuna to fall down, but that is the only chance for Asada now. It's a pity. But I be happy for her if she wins just any medal.

That won't be enough. Yuna would have to fall at least 2-3times and Mao woluld have to be perfect, landing 2 3axels and a 3/3 with no downgrade. I don't think it's doable. Mao's 3/3 isn't consistant enough, even in her SP, it looked ur to me.
She's been having problems with her Lutz, Salcow..... If someone could skate clean, it would be Yuna and Joannie.

figuristka

Medalist
Trewyn, warmup group 3 should start at 18:00 in LA, which should be 3:00am CET (i.e. Belgium).

So that must be 4am for me, later than i was thinking. I had been thinking its when it would be finishing. Time zone differences for this :cry:

screech

Final Flight
I'd like to know how Alissa does in the practice today. Might let us know whether or not to still have hope.
Practice can be a very bad predictor for competition. I remember when I used to compete (no major events or anything, just small ones when I was younger), there were days I'd have a practice and then compete. I actually competed better AFTER a bad practice. Or a bad warm-up. It was good luck for me to skate bad right before a competition.

I know lots of other skaters cannot have performances predicted by practice.

I just wish Joannie will get a medal of any colour. Its about time for a Canadian lady. :bow:
21 years since a medal has been won. That's almost as long as our contender has been alive! Definitely time!

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Trewyn, warmup group 3 should start at 18:00 in LA, which should be 3:00am CET (i.e. Belgium).

I am pretty sure that if you keep your clock as it is now the third group will start at 2 am(CET). At 2 am you put your clock to 3 am and loose one hour....but who cares if you can sleep on sunday morning.

Last edited:

Danale

On the Ice
So that must be 4am for me, later than i was thinking. I had been thinking its when it would be finishing. Time zone differences for this :cry:
4am for me too. Going to sleep now, and hoping to get up for the final group ...
I was going to say next year is going to be better, and it is, but the OG are still across the Atlantic :-(

skatingbc

Final Flight
Practice can be a very bad predictor for competition. I remember when I used to compete (no major events or anything, just small ones when I was younger), there were days I'd have a practice and then compete. I actually competed better AFTER a bad practice. Or a bad warm-up. It was good luck for me to skate bad right before a competition.

I know lots of other skaters cannot have performances predicted by practice.

ITA! When my sister was working on doubles, she wouldn't land them until either her last practice before she competed or her warm-up at the competition. She would then go on to nail her program. The next practices after that, she couldn't land them to save her life. She's extremely competitive so the will to win seemed to spur her on to actually land them in competition but she for some reason (probably laziness!) didn't land them in practice!

figuristka

Medalist
4am for me too. Going to sleep now, and hoping to get up for the final group ...
I was going to say next year is going to be better, and it is, but the OG are still across the Atlantic :-(
Not sure i can sleep at this time. Well i maybe back in Vancouver when its time for the OG, hopefully but if i wasn't i will just be lacking sleep once again lol. Guess i love skating.

screech

Final Flight
ITA! When my sister was working on doubles, she wouldn't land them until either her last practice before she competed or her warm-up at the competition. She would then go on to nail her program. The next practices after that, she couldn't land them to save her life. She's extremely competitive so the will to win seemed to spur her on to actually land them in competition but she for some reason (probably laziness!) didn't land them in practice!

It was weird for me. I could never land a triple salchow in practice. EVER. But in competition it was always flawless. I also would occasionally underrotate my triple loop in practice and do it again, flawlessly in competition (though never big events, I always got my events videotaped to analyze them).

Mind you I was never affected by pressure. I loved competing and never had any nerves. I was the kind of person who would laugh when I fell and then just go on to the next jump like nothing happened. Alissa isn't quite like that.

Can we please have a moratorium on these stupid doctored Korean video clips? :eek:hwell:

Yu-na just gave the greatest ladies SP ever. :rock: Be happy! :cool:

screech

Final Flight
CBC will be airing the LP tomorrow at 8 local I think, which is weird. But at least they're re-airing other stuff right now!

shallwedansu

On the Ice
Can we please have a moratorium on these stupid doctored Korean video clips? :eek:hwell:
:thumbsup: Or you could just ban him altogether so we never have to deal with him again.

Seriously, the fanbots were pretty much non-existent until jaejang2001 showed up. Just go away! You're ruining the experience for everyone!

icyboid

Rinkside

The one jaejang2001 posted doesn't even count revolutions correctly. :rofl:

I just love how because Yu-Na's the best skater in the world, an entire nation thinks they're technical experts just because they have video editing softwrare.

pokky_oc

On the Ice
For those who are interested, I decided to compile ISU season FS scores for each ladies skater, average them, then add to the current Worlds SP score, to produce predicted standings after the FS tomorrow. :laugh: Here's the top 16, by the numbers: (Sorry this table looks like crap in IE, looks good in Firefox though. Dang formatting...)

Code:
 	                    					WrldSP	FS-AVG	PREDtot
1  	Yu-Na KIM            		KOR  	76.12  	122.33	198.45	
2 	Joannie ROCHETTE     	CAN 	67.90 	119.56	187.46	
3 	Mao ASADA            		JPN 		66.06 	119.45	185.51	
4 	Carolina KOSTNER     	ITA 		63.18 	110.01	173.19	
5 	Miki ANDO            		JPN 		64.12 	108.34	172.46	
6 	Rachael FLATT        	USA 	59.30 	106.11	165.41	
7 	Fumie SUGURI         	JPN 		58.40 	105.75	164.15	
8 	Laura LEPISTÖ        	FIN 		59.66 	100.27	159.93	
9 	Alissa CZISNY        		USA 	53.28 	103.33	156.61	
10 	Susanna PÖYKIÖ       	FIN 		57.12 	96.18	153.30	
11 	Sarah MEIER          	SUI 		58.36 	94.21	152.57	
12 	Alena LEONOVA        	RUS 	58.18 	94.10	152.28	
13 	Cynthia PHANEUF      	CAN 	53.14 	94.09	147.23	
14	Elene GEDEVANISHVILI GEO 	58.82 	80.30	139.12	
15 	Elena GLEBOVA        	EST 	55.90 	82.43	138.33	
16 	Candice DIDIER       	FRA 	50.16 	87.29	137.45

See, SP doesn't matter that much, LOL. Lepisto & Suguri meltdown + everyone else season average = 13 points for US. :agree:

(Yep, still not really likely though... sigh. But let's see how close the prediction is. :rofl:)

Thanks! I hope something similar will be the final result!!

pokky_oc

On the Ice
Cynthia will probably make it! But I think the gold is set... ( Yu-Na Kim ) and the battle for silver will be bigger as it's either Mao or Rochette... I think Mao will probably win with 2 Triple Axel:laugh: but you never know!!